+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: PVE Nightblade Guide

Rift Disciple

Default PVE Nightblade Guide

DISCLAIMER: ANY OF THE STUPID NIGHT CLUB JOKES IN THIS THREAD WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND WILL BE SWIFTLY REPORTED AS TROLLING. IF YOU BELIEVE ANY OF MY DATA INACCURATE PROVE IT, SHOW PARSES, SHOW SCREENS. DON'T JUST SAY LOL UR WRONG, OR NIGHTBLADE IS BAD.

Table Of Contents:
    I ............................... Introduction
    II .............................. Skill Summary
    III ............................. Talent Summary
    IV ..............................Secondary Soul Choices
    V ............................... Rotations
    VI .............................. Stats
    VII .............................Gearing
    VIII ............................Specs
    IX ...........................Credits

I. Intro

First things first, the soul summary. Nightblade is a melee Pure dps soul in the Rogue calling. We use Fire, Death, and Physical attacks. We also have several ranged attacks we can use as we run into melee range, as well as the ability to use stealth. The only real downside is we are kind of lacking in the crowd control department, but that can be somewhat fixed by spending talents.

THIS GUIDE WILL COVER PVE ONLY!

II. Skill Summary
    Combo point generating abilities
    Primal Strike: No cooldown 30 Energy- This is your filler skill. Spam it when your other combo point generating abilities are on cooldown.

Dusk Strike: 10 sec cooldown (8 sec talented) 40 Energy- Hard hitting melee ability, Grants 2 combo points. Use it on cooldown. 14 point root ability.

Twilight Force: 10 sec cooldown (8 sec talented) 30 Energy- Ranged attack hits decently hard. Can also be used in melee range. Use it on cooldown. Requires a talent point to get.

Fiery Spike: No cooldown 30 Energy- Ranged attack that puts a 10 second dot on the target. Can be used in melee range. Needs to be kept up at all times.

Finishers
    Blazing Strike: Generic finisher deals weapon plus fire damage. Use when Scourge of Darkness is on cooldown

Scourge of Darkness: 30 second cooldown - A Finisher that causes the Rogue's next 10 attacks to deal additional Death damage. Use it on cooldown Requires a talent point to get.

Flame Thrust:
    Ranged finisher deals weapon plus fire damage. Requires a talent point to get.

Stealth abilities
    Conceal: puts you into stealth for 30 seconds, allows you to use abilities that require stealth. pretty straight forward . 4 point root ability.

Dark Malady: 50 Energy Deals weapon damage and increases the Rogue's damage by 20% for 8 seconds. Grants 2 combo points. 12 point root ability.

Ebon Terror:
    30 Energy - Deals weapon damage and disorients the target for 2 seconds. Grants 1 combo point. 4 point root ability.

Lost Hope: 20 Energy - Incapacitates the enemy for 45 seconds. Enemy must not be in combat. 20 meter range. 8 point root ability.

Smother:
    40 Energy Deals death damage and silences the target for 5 seconds. Grants 1 combo point. 26 point root ability.

Cooldowns

Ebon Fury: 2 Minute cooldown - Causes Twilight Force and Dusk Strike to have no cooldown and reduces their Energy Cost by 50%. Lasts 15 seconds.

Dusk to Dawn: 60 Second cooldown - Roots the enemy and deals weapon plus death damage over 4 seconds. Awards 1 Combo Point. While channeling this ability, the Rogue gains an additional Combo Point per second. Grants 5 combo points in total.

Living Flame: 60 Second cooldown- 51 point root ability. Deals weapon plus fire damage over 5 seconds to up to 10 enemies. 51 point root ability.

Blackout: 2 Minute cooldown - Causes all damaging attacks against the Rogue to miss. Lasts 6 seconds. 44 Point root ability.

Twilight Shelter: 2 Minute cooldown Reduces damage taken by 80%, but reduces damage dealt by 40%. Lasts 8 seconds. 18 point root ability.

Twilight Transcendence: Removes all existing harmful effects and causes the Rogue to become immune to all damage effects for 4 seconds. 42 point root ability.

Dark Containment:
    30 second cooldown 20 Energy - 15 second incapacitate. Breaks on damage. Must spend a talent point to get.

Weapon Enchantments

Hellfire Blades: Each weapon attack has a 20% chance to deal fire damage on hit. Can be talented to increase your damage by 5%. 6 point root ability.

Smoldering Blades: Each weapon attack has a 20% to deal Fire damage over 12 seconds. Can be applied up to 5 times. At the 5th stack, the next application of this effect consumes the stack on the enemy and deals a large amount of Fire damage. 20 point root ability.

Fell Blades: Each weapon attack has a 20% chance to deal Death damage and adds a curse on the enemy that lasts for 15 seconds, reducing healing taken by 50% . Great in PvP and for bosses that heal. 32 point root ability.

AOE

Weapon Flare: 30 Energy Deals weapon plus fire damage to the enemy and up to 8 other enemies. Procs weapon enchants. Spam this on AoE pulls. 10 point root ability.

Fiery Chains: 30 Energy 6 second cooldown - Deals weapon plus fire damage to the enemy and up to 3 other enemies. Procs weapon enchants. Barely does more damage than Weapon Flare. Only worth using on 4 or less enemies. 16 point root ability.

III. Talents Summary

Tier 1

Blazing Fury: 5 Points. Increases the damage of your combo point generating abilities by 3/6/9/12/15%. Required

Improved Blazing Strike: 2 Points. Increases the critical hit chance of blazing strike by 5/10%. Required

Primal Death: 3 Points. Your Primal Strike has a 10/20/30% chance to deal an additional 50% death damage. Required.

Tier 2
    Unstable State: 3 Points. Increases the damage of your non-physical abilities by 3/6/9%. Required. It basically affects 90% of your damage.

Twilight Force: 1 Point. Grants you the Twilight force ability. See above for Description. Required.

Coup De Grace: 5 Points. Increases the damage of your Finishers by 3/6/9/12/15%. Required.

Tier 3

Fire and Death Attunement: 3 Points. Reduces the damage you take for Fire and Death attacks by 5/10/15% and increases the damage of your attacks by 1/2/3%. Required.

Improved Twilight Force: 2 points. Your Twilight Force snares the target, reducing movement speed by 30/50%. for 6 seconds. Optional, mostly used for PvP.

Flame Thrust: 1 Point. Grants you the Flame thrust Finisher. See above for description. Optional

Melted Skin: 2 points. Your Hellfire Blades have a 50/100% chance to increase your damage by 5% for the next 10 seconds when they proc. Required(at least 1 point) . This talent is what makes hellfire blades better than the Assassin poisons for you.

Tier 4

Lingering Flame: 5 Points. If the enemy is suffering from the effect of your Fiery Spike, Your Blazing Strike or Flame Thrust have a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to cast a free Fiery Spike on them. Required.

Ebon Fury: 1 Point. Grants you the Ebon Fury Ability. See above for description.

Eventide: 2 Points. Reduces the cooldown for your Dusk Strike and Twilight force by 1/ 2 seconds, and increases their damage by 5/10%. Required.
    Tier 5

Dark Containment: 1 point. Grants you the Dark Containment ability. See above for description. Optional.

Enhanced Weapon Enchantments: 2 Points. Increases the damage of your weapon enchantments by 15/30%. Optional.

Heat Retention:
    5 Points. You have a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to retain heat for 30 seconds each time a damaging combo point generating ability is used, Increasing the damage of your non-physical attacks by 2%. When this effect is applied 5 times, your next finisher deal 30% more damage and removes this effect. Required.

Tier 6

Enkindle: 3 Points. Your Weapon Flare and Fiery Chains burns your enemies for an additional 33/66/100% of their total damage over 6 seconds. Not recommended.

Scourge of Darkness: 1 point. Grants you the Scourge of Darkness Finisher. See above for description. Required

Nightstalker: 3 Points. Your Blazing Strike, Flame Thrust, Dusk Strike, and Twilight Force deal 10/20/30% more damage if the enemy's health is lower than 30%. Required.

Tier 7
    Dusk to Dawn: 1 Point. Grants you the Dusk to Dawn Skill. See above for description. Optional. You stop auto attacking and applying poisons during the channel.

IV.Secondary Souls for Nightblades

All of the souls are ranked on how much extra dps potential they have. Survivability isn't taken into account.

Assassin: 5/5. This is so far the best soul I have seen for a secondary. You gain +5% crit, +4% Physical damage, Dot on crit, +10% damage for 10 seconds on crit, +20% crit damage.

Bard: 0/5. I can't really see anything use other than the +10% max health and Fanfare of Vigor

Bladedancer: 4/5. A decent soul with 19 points you can gain +5% hit, +50% Auto attack damage, +15% Dexterity, a +30% physical damage cooldown, and 3 energy for every combo point after a finisher, and a Dexterity self buff

Infiltrator: 0/5. The Rogue PvP tree. really nothing of use here.

Marksman: 0/5. Nothing of use to a melee soul here at all

Ranger: 3/5. Not terrible you end up getting +5% crit, Attack power self buff, 6% damage reduction, up to 5% max health and a Dire Wolf pet. If you are willing to spend a bit more points you can get a buff for your pet when you have a bleed on it's target (you HAVE to spec into Assassin for the bleed though).

Riftstalker: 2/5.
    I cant really see much benefit out of this tree other than the +15% Attack power and the Plane shift abilities.

Saboteur: 2/5. You can grab another +15% Dex in this tree and a decent AoE slow not much else here other than bombs, and we don't have much energy to spare for them.

V. Rotations

Single Target, starting at range:
    Twilight force, Fiery Spike, Fiery Spike, (you should be at the boss by now, if not keep spamming Fiery Spike) Dusk Strike, Finish with Scourge of Darkness. Now I start a Priority List.

-Scourge of Darkness
    -Fiery Spike if it falls off for some reason
    -Dusk Strike
    -Twilight Force
    -Primal Strike

Single Target, starting in Stealth: Dark Malady, Twilight Force, Fiery Spike, Fiery Spike, Finish with Scourge of Darkness the use the priority list above.

AoE: Spam Weapon flare if more than 4 mobs, if not use Fiery Chains on cooldown and then spam Weapon Flare.

VI. Stats

Main Stats
    Endurance- gives you more health
    Wisdom- Useless
    Intelligence- Useless
    Strength- 1 point of strength gives us .5 attackpower and Bock(Useless), and Parry at a 1:1
    Dexterity- Probably the best stat for us, 1 point of dex grants .5 attack power, and also gives dodge and Physical crit rating at a 1:1 ratio as well.
    Toughness- Tanking stat that reduces damage taken form crits.
    Valor- PvP stat. No use in PvE

Combat Stats

Crit Rating- Increases Critical hit chance. 26.4 Crit Rating = 1% Crit chance
    Attack power- Makes our abilities hit harder. 10 Attack Power = 1 Dps
    Hit Rating- 10 Hit Rating = 1% chance to hit.

VII. Gearing

We wear Leather only(have yet to see a piece of melee cloth). You usually want some mix of Dex, Crit rating, AP, and Hit rating. Str isn't terrible but I wouldn't purposefully go for it. Also Endurance shouldn't be ignored.

As for weapons we use two 1 handed weapons. It looks like right now that plus weapon damage abilities have been normalized so that slow weapons gain very little over fast weapons, So two fast daggers looks like the better choice for now. If anybody want to show me a decent parse(45 mins plus) proving that wrong please go ahead.

Rift Disciple

reserved...

Rift Disciple

VIII. Specs
    43 Nightblade / 17 Assassin / 6 Bladedancer
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Moc.0VMcx0b.Vz

43 Nighblade / 4 Assasin / 19 Bladedancer

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...gMoc.0m.VV0V0s
    IX. Credits
    Unforgiven/Intoxicating,Zephris
    Last edited by Intoxicating; 03-02-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Soulwalker

Is this just an update for the live game from your beta7 guide?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bivvz View Post
    Is this just an update for the live game from your beta7 guide?
    Yeah, Trion in their infinite wisdom decided to remove editing privileges so i had to make a new thread.

Shadowlander

Wow, after reading your disclaimer, I am not even sure what I am allowed to say.

I guess you are so in love with yourself and you think your "Guide" is so important, that anyone that desires to have fun and enjoy themselves, by posting the very entertaining and humorus comments about the class that we who truly love the class, choose not to speak of in the open, will be reported (sent to the principles office?) for "trolling"?

I would say based on the commonality and consistantscy of the content of the posts about the class we don't speak off, the OPs post would be viewed as "trolling" as it "offends" the majority of the players who play the class we as players choose to not speak about.

Good luck in game.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dashai View Post
    Wow, after reading your disclaimer, I am not even sure what I am allowed to say.

I guess you are so in love with yourself and you think your "Guide" is so important, that anyone that desires to have fun and enjoy themselves, by posting the very entertaining and humorus comments about the class that we who truly love the class, choose not to speak of in the open, will be reported (sent to the principles office?) for "trolling"?

I would say based on the commonality and consistantscy of the content of the posts about the class we don't speak off, the OPs post would be viewed as "trolling" as it "offends" the majority of the players who play the class we as players choose to not speak about.

Good luck in game.
    That or they're possibly looking for productive comments and do not wish the thread to be derailed with sophomoric profferings of wit.

Good guide btw. The PvE spec is similar to one of the PvP specs that I have planned [and currently using with my available points], though with points in RS as opposed to BD.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...gRos.0VMcx0b.V [planned lvl. 50]

This is more than likely what I will be using for PvP until I flesh out my PvP soul/gear.
    Aeternalis - Guardian Rogue
    <Deliverance> [Reclaimer]

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. -Ephesians 6:12 [KJV]

It's all nice of you to write up a guide, but to degrade and oust a really fun and quirky part of the culture of the class that's been around since before Feb, that you're trying to promote, is a bit selfish.

It's a widely accepted and light humored part of the class that happens to be unique and worth a good laugh. Don't be such a negative nancy. If you want to feel helpful and feel good that you're putting information out that's great, but don't feel you can "report people" because you feel aforementioned and widely accepted remarks shouldn't be allowed.

Chances are, the mods will just remind you that you forgot about Rule Number One in your guide, and edit it in for you. If not however, don't worry - one of us will.
    Last edited by Madmirage; 03-02-2011 at 10:18 PM.

>.> We had some really good discussion in the old thread. Can the cheesey zomg no trolls intro and put a link in there somewhere just to let people know that this is an updated version of the B7 guide, and I'll <3 you.

Mog, I need to get 50 so I can start abusing the training dummies in Meridian. >.<

Anyway! I really think that, given The Rule, this should have been written as an Assassin or Blade Dancer guide, with lengthy explainations of why we use the Nightblade attacks instead of the "primary" and "secondary" souls' attacks. (Great, now I want to write that just for kicks. I guess I do have a road trip coming up this week...)
    Roxina - 50 Kelari Mage - Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

Sweet just started lvling as nightblade its really fun. This post clarified a few questions I had about a couple skills.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ggthnx View Post
    That or they're possibly looking for productive comments and do not wish the thread to be derailed with sophomoric profferings of wit.

Glad somebody understands. As to the people that insist on trying to be funny with an old joke that has been used more than umad bro?. I looked for so long during beta 5,6,7 about info on the Nightblade spec and the only thing that was ever said was "first rule of Nightblade is we don't talk about Nightblade". I am all for having a laugh but, when it becomes detrimental to those looking for help it needs to stop. If you insist on joking about it feel free, just not in my thread please.

As to the whole using the other tree's skills, I have been so busy grabbing server first expert dungeons with my friends that I haven't had the time to test a lot of the things that need testing. If you feel like testing them out feel free and I'll toss it in and give you credit.

Link to the old thread. Still some very good discussion in here.

Oh and STILL waiting for editing privileges...
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=nightblade
    Last edited by Intoxicating; 03-02-2011 at 11:42 PM.
    Intoxicating of Persona
    Defiant Galena

Very nice guide. Thanks for this.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=422764&dateline=12990  55587

Telaran

You can't see any benifit from the riftstalker tree?

Are you blind?

Great breakdown of the Soul, Thanks!!

Champion of Telara

As for weapons we use two 1 handed weapons. It looks like right now that plus weapon damage abilities have been normalized so that slow weapons gain very little over fast weapons, So two fast daggers looks like the better choice for now. If anybody want to show me a decent parse(45 mins plus) proving that wrong please go ahead.

Or you could spend 30 seconds in front of a training dummy.

But hey, I know it's too much to ask for a person who's writing a "guide" to spend a minute to test something so easy, eh?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast