+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift guard question

Soulwalker

Default Rift guard question

Can some one please explain rift guard to me? By reading the tool tip it looks like it should reduce all incoming damage but when I put it up I am still taking damage. This Is also happening with the planar shift shield. Does it only absorb some of the damage per hit or is this bugged.

Thanks all

Telaran

Absorbs 15% of all incoming damage up to a max of 50% of your current total health.

Quote Originally Posted by celle127 View Post
    Can some one please explain rift guard to me? By reading the tool tip it looks like it should reduce all incoming damage but when I put it up I am still taking damage. This Is also happening with the planar shift shield. Does it only absorb some of the damage per hit or is this bugged.

Thanks all
    It absorbs 15% of all incoming damage. What this means is, if a mob would hit you for 100 damage, it will hit your for 15% less, 85 damage. That 15 damage that was absorbed is subtracted from the total amount Rift Guard can absorb (50% of your health baseline). Once the entire amount Rift Guard can absorb s used up, the buff will fall off.

Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

Soulwalker

Ahuh! then this makes sense with what I am seeing thank you!

+ Reply to Thread