+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Sab build sucks? Give me some advice.

Soulwalker

Default My Sab build sucks? Give me some advice.

Here is my build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....bqMbt0boz.V0o

I went deep into assassin for the blind, improve stealth, foul play as well as a few other dps boosters.

That is my whole reasoning so tell me if I am incorrect on my build.
    Last edited by Msspelled; 03-02-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Telaran

No Nightblade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalaen View Post
    No Nightblade.
    Elaborate. I'm curious to hear this.

Evil thoughts can't hide. I'll help release the mind. I'll peel away the skin. Release the dark within.

Shadowlander

I love NB with Sab.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...koM.xx0M0c.V0x

Going to take a bit for the Infiltrator spec to come in, but this is the direction I am headed.

Soulwalker

The reason you pretty much have to have nightblade is for the first couple of talents in Nightblade's tree. One enhances your combo point builders dmg by 15% and your finishers dmg by 15%. Not to mention Nightblade gives you a stealth and sap to help you take your target by surprise.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....EVM0EzhkoRz.V

Mixing the sin with the Sab is kinda quirky..

It's kind of like you can't decide if you want to be melee, or ranged.

Nightblade and Sab are form fitted to go together, no matter what way you slice it.

I like RS as the third, for the free blink, and a Good Endurance boost at 4, along with +15% atk power.

Go into stealth, and mez the target from stealth with Lost Hope, put up your charges-detonate.

THEN use Dark Containment and mez it/them again while in combat, put up charges again-detonate.

Dead person/mob.

Try this build, its spectacular so far, very offensive, with enough defenses with the Shadow Shift blink, and Twilight Shelter.
    Last edited by Wheeler; 03-02-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

Like I was saying to the previous poster, there is no reason why you SHOULDN'T combine Nightblade with Sab. If you don't you're doing it wrong imo.
    Last edited by Shadowvail; 03-02-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Evil thoughts can't hide. I'll help release the mind. I'll peel away the skin. Release the dark within.

PvE or PvP?

I would argue that the best PvP Build is: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tkkRz.0VMz.Voo

Rapid setup is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too good to pass up for PvP.

I couldn't give you advice on PvE 'cause of my lack of experience there. I find sabo really boring in PvE.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowvail View Post
    Like I was saying to the previous poster, there is no reason why you SHOULDN'T combine Nightblade with Sab. If you don't you're doing it wrong imo.
    I was saying "no Nightblade" was why his build sucks. His build doesn't have Nightblade in it.

Sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    PvE or PvP?

I would argue that the best PvP Build is: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tkkRz.0VMz.Voo

Rapid setup is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too good to pass up for PvP.

I couldn't give you advice on PvE 'cause of my lack of experience there. I find sabo really boring in PvE.
    Dark Containment > Rapid Setup.

Gives the same outcome.

Shorter CD, more uses.

I'm not going 100% into sab like that, at least not until I'm a lil higher level and can experience more.
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Dark Containment > Rapid Setup.

Gives the same outcome.

Shorter CD, more uses.

I'm not going 100% into sab like that, at least not until I'm a lil higher level and can experience more.
    Sure is better... assuming you are fighting 1v1 100% of the time, AND the player has absolutely no ways to remove CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    Sure is better... assuming you are fighting 1v1 100% of the time, AND the player has absolutely no ways to remove CC.
    Right, of course, I'm just stating you lose a lot of versatility going 51 points into Sab.

Versatility that I don't want to give up as I am, and I'm sure many others are still learning all the facets of the game, AND the things other players can do to counter what I'm doing to them
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Dalaen View Post
    I was saying "no Nightblade" was why his build sucks. His build doesn't have Nightblade in it.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Got you. Apologies!

I have to disagree with your DC>RS assessment, you need to put alot of points that dont really or would have to try hard to use into night blade, in addition DC can be broken out of, dots or teammates not paying attention can break it, and by the time you use it and set up 5 more charges someone could of healed them.

with rapid setup you can set up 5, detonate, rapid setup and detonate again. this should be able to kill just about anything or anyone. in addition, on the way to rapid set up you get a self destruct for those moments when your doomed either way.

Soulwalker

Default Reason for assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....EVM0EzhkoRz.V

Mixing the sin with the Sab is kinda quirky..

It's kind of like you can't decide if you want to be melee, or ranged.

Nightblade and Sab are form fitted to go together, no matter what way you slice it.

I like RS as the third, for the free blink, and a Good Endurance boost at 4, along with +15% atk power.

Go into stealth, and mez the target from stealth with Lost Hope, put up your charges-detonate.

THEN use Dark Containment and mez it/them again while in combat, put up charges again-detonate.

Dead person/mob.

Try this build, its spectacular so far, very offensive, with enough defenses with the Shadow Shift blink, and Twilight Shelter.
    My main reason for assassin is because of stealth. I am a huge fan of it where ever I can get it. The blind and foul play are another reason I went this route to help me control people more.

My other questions are in regards to blazing fury and coup de grace. Does blazing fury increase the charge damage since they do not do damage directly? Seems kind of oddly worded for me. Does coup de grace increase the damage of both detonate and the charge separately? The way it is worded would seem it would only boost the detonate damage and not the damage of the charges.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast