+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [PvP] Bard/Nightblade/Riftstalker DPS/Support build

Soulwalker

Default [PvP] Bard/Nightblade/Riftstalker DPS/Support build

Hey guys

I'm relatively new, and have just started my bard. I'm mostly into PvP, and I have looked on many builds and have finally come up with this:

Bard: 37
    Riftstalker: 13
    Nightblade: 14

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...IboV0skqz.Vhxo

What I'm trying to achieve is a character who is what the bard is, a jack-of-all-trades (well support and dps atleast). I'm thinking that if I go mostly bard I will get a variety of skills, but I was thinking about dropping:

Anthem of Glory (I will use the movespeed buff mostly I think)
    Coda of Fury (Maybe I should swap a point somewhere to get this, but I'm not sure AoE dmg will be my focus)
    Deafening Music (im gonna go with Flame Thrust, as I believe it's higher dmg than the codas?)
    Ive taken Street Performer over Stage Presence

Now to complement it I was thinking Nightblade:
    All the dmg abilities, the ranged finisher and stuff like stealth, which I guess could be useful?

Riftstalker:
    Very basic, the Unseen Fury and 2 survival talents in tier 2.

I have thought about taking the ranger instead of the nightblade, with 5 Eagle Eye and Crippling shot for the ranged finisher (head Shot).

Now, seeing as I'm completely new, there are probably a ton wrong with this build.. So if anyone could assist me. I haven't seen many dps bard pvp builds on here, mostly pure support - which is why I'm asking.. Hope you can help a fellow bard out :-)

Im lvl 32 and for me even without the 5 pts in Deafening Music my coda do more dmg than Flame Thrust. But thats just from lookin at the numbers on my screen so I might be wrong.

Try it out, if you like it... cool, if not respec it's not hard to fix your mistakes in this game.

Virtuoso works with damaging Coda's too, so if your using Flame Thrust you loose some nuke dmg too.
    Last edited by deef7; 03-02-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Telaran

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...EI0o0Vskqz.Vhx is a build I like. Guardian Phase for a Bard is very nice defense. I have a simialr build for PvP and at 36 level with Guardian Phase I have over 4k hp with 40% damage reduction. To me street performer, extra 4.5% to buff run speed is simple IMO not worth it. You should be near your group so I dont think Talanted Composer would be needed either.

Shadowlander

I think the build look pretty good for starting out. The idea of the bard finishers should be looked into to see which one does more damage. If you find yourself going down riftstalker has a couple nice abilities to help survivability. The key is to tweak your build until you find something that works. Your build is similar to one that I was looking at.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...EcboV0skqz.Vhx

This is more of a tank/healing build... I think haha

Soulwalker

Do you think this spec would be viable:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z.xIx0u0zoz.Vh

I was thinking of packing more into rifstalker's survivability talents. I was also wondering if street performer buffs anthem of competence (I guess it would make sense if it did, I just figured the run speed would be pretty crazy).

Shard: Shadefallen
    Yzona - Level 37 Mage (Chloromancer/Necro/Warlock)
    Igliaz - Level 30 Rogue (Rifstalker/Blade Dancer/Ranger)

Soulwalker

My Bard (31)/Riftstalker (27)/Nightblade (8) build for PvP.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0oz.xfx0hV0oko

Soulwalker

Herp, I think I waited to long to edit my post.

At level 39, it looks more like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...M0s.xfx0hV0oko
    For PvP it’s made to be a frontline healer – made to tank AND heal during large battles. If they ignore you, you'll be pushing out massive healing and topping the charts. If you they try to kill you, you have almost all the tanking talents Riftstalker has to offer, making you one hell of a punchingbag.

Tanking/Survivability
    Passives
    ]+ 70% Armor Rating (R:Guardian Phase and R:Toughened Soul)
    ]+ 90 Resist to ALL elements (B:Anthem of Defiance, B: Street Performer, and R:Guardian Phase)
    ]+ 51% Endurance (R:Great Fortitude, R:Guardian Phase, R:Improved Guardian Phase)
    ]+ 10% Max Health (R:Good Health)
    ]+ 32 Endurance (R:Planebound Resilience)
    ]+ 6 % Damage mitigation (R:Exceptional Resilience)
    ]-3 % Enemy Hit and Critical Chance (B:Street Smart)
    ]+ 4 % Healing (R:Boosted Recovery)

R: Shadow Shift, Shadow Stalk, Shadow Warp – Not only are these abilities make it harder for enemies to target you, but now you no longer need to waste combo points on Rift Guard, as Rift Barrier will always be up (with the same energy cost)
    ]Activates Rift Barrier, giving +15% damage mitigation of all types (R: Rift Barrier, R:Improved Rift ]Barrier) - Keep in mind, this is being augmented by your +51% Endurance and +10% Max Health.
    ]Immune to Stuns, Snares and Roots for 2 seconds - (R: Freedom of Movement)
    ]-15 second CD (R: Shadow Mastery)

R: Planar Refuse – 10 second ability to reduce damage by 30%.

R: Guarded Steel – Situational, but if you have extra combo points this will bump up your armor another 30%, giving you a full 100% armor increase when you account for the passives mentioned above.

R: Annilate – Another situational ability, if you have extra combo points the extra attack power will raise your Cadence damage by about 6-7 per tick.

N: Conceal – Invisibility for 30 seconds.

N: Lost Hope – 45 second incapacitation

B: Verse of Fascination – AoE mez

Healing
    B: Cadence
    ]-30% Cadence Damage (R: Guardian Phase) – Hey, it stinks, but a dead healer doesn’t heal… Your survivability FAR outweighs your loss in healing.
    ]+22% Cadence Damage (N:Blazing Fury and N:Unstable State) – Helps balance out the penalty from Guardian Phase
    ]100% Damage Heals Raid (B: Invigorated Soul)
    ]~8-12 Damage per tick (B: Motif of Bravery, B: Fanfare of Power)

B:Coda of Restoration
    ]+15% Healing (B: Triumphant Spirit)
    ]Coda does not consume combo points for 15 seconds (B: Virtuoso)

B:Motif of Regeneration
    ]+15% Healing (B: Triumphant Spirit)
    ]Duration increase by 15 second (B: Bardic Inspiration)

Damage
    You can't - have fun using Cadence and Coda of Wrath to kill your opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziev217 View Post
    Do you think this spec would be viable:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z.xIx0u0zoz.Vh

I was thinking of packing more into rifstalker's survivability talents. I was also wondering if street performer buffs anthem of competence (I guess it would make sense if it did, I just figured the run speed would be pretty crazy).
    Choose between Rift Barrier OR Rift Guard… They don’t stack – so investing into both for a PvP build is redundant. Personally – I would take Rift Barrier, because Rift Guard uses your combo points, which is better spent on Coda of Restoration to heal your entire raid/warfront.

+ Reply to Thread