+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger/Sab/? - Any suggestions?

Default Ranger/Sab/? - Any suggestions?

I built my first Ranger last night and really enjoy playing him so far, but have some ?? about which direction I should go.

I picked Saboteur as my second class and for right now I have Riftstalker, but not crazy about that. I'm thinking maybe Marksman, but wanted to see what you guys thought.

Here's a build that I whipped up, http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...MsbdLkRzVz.v0L

Let me know what ya think, I'm still getting my bearings as to what I want to go with.

Soulwalker

i'm Ranger/Sab/Marks at lvl 20 and I have to say after messing around with that 3rd soul quite a bit I'm really loving this combo. Both sab and marks give you great utilities to get out of trouble when the enemy gets to melee range. For solo questing I keep my boar up and let him tank. Sabo lets me drop slowing bombs to make an escape and Marks finishing moves keeps me moving at 3x the speed of light. I do play on a pvp server, so as I lvl up I'll be ready for combat.

In Warfronts right now, since I don't have the PvP soul, this build rocks. You get slowing bombs and knockbacks. No CC yet, but you're moving at 170% normal speed and poppin slows. I bust out the dire wolf and pick my targets wisely. Link to the eventual lvl 50 build here:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...uczskqz.VhtRoz

You're gonna want to get the knockback from marks pretty quick. You can live without the armor reduction shot in Ranger, but I notice a significant boost in dps for 5mans and Warfronts. All in all this is a great all around build.

Let me know your thoughts.

Rift Disciple

Go assassin for 3rd soul, poison up your arrows, and maybe get deep enough to stealth and sap.

+ Reply to Thread