+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A question for all the Ranged Rouges who spec heavy into mellee

Default A question for all the Ranged Rouges who spec heavy into mellee

This is strictly PvE;

How are you guys managing your play style, while maintaining high DPS?

If you spec MM/Rng/whatever....I can understand keeping your dps high with an "archers" type of play style.

But if you choose something like MM/Sin/Nb, aren't you technically missing out on the potential dps the Rng tree provides at a distance?

You guys that spec like that must be opening with ranged fights, then moving in close for combat or using the combat portion once the mob closes in on you, but it seems to me that if your primary weapon is a bow, your loosing out on the dps provided by another Ranged soul such as the Rng tree.

I currently run 2 builds

MM/Rng/Bard ( group support)
    MM/Rng/Sin (solo)

My character is only level 18 atm, so it's not like I have a ton of points. But I was wondering how you guys were managing.

Rift Disciple

I had a thread earlier about leveling as a mellee rogue. This doesn't exactly answer your questions but there's some decent info near the end.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...98#post1449098

Telaran

You can go 17-25 points into the Assassin tree and all but 3 of them will increase ranged DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalaen View Post
    You can go 17-25 points into the Assassin tree and all but 3 of them will increase ranged DPS.

This, investment return for those points is very good. Even at only 8 points in its very return admittedly you will waste 1 point to get that 2nd weapon proc.

Currently running

Ranger/Bard/Assassin for Solo PvE, Group PvE/PvP
    Ranger/Marksman/Assassin for pure DPS
    Last edited by Grivyn_NZ; 03-02-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grivyn_NZ View Post
    This, investment return for those points is very good. Even at only 8 points in its very return admittedly you will waste 1 point to get that 2nd weapon proc.

Currently running

Ranger/Bard/Assassin for Solo PvE, Group PvE/PvP
    Ranger/Marksman/Assassin for pure DPS
    What level are ya?

plus, I posted this in another thread, but http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0V0AhdR.VV0V0o is 18 in Nightblade and 16 into BladeDancer.

While Bladedancer is traditionally 100% melee build, and Nightblade seems a hybrid of either melee or ranged, they fight with MM. The original build was for MM with no pet at all. As you can see, going into these 2 mainly melee trees, offers a lot for ranged.

On the Blade Dancer Soul. Notice how Combat Expertise is just hit chance, doesnt specify melee, same with blade finese, its just auto attacks. 15% dex straight bonus is always welcome, and a nice dps CD of 30% increased physcial dmg for 15 secons.

NB is pretty simple. 15% increased dmg to both Combo builders and Finishers. 3% flat increased dmg, 5% increased dmg buff that should have 100% uptime or near it. Also, Mix in 2 weapon enchants, Master Archer, and all the various Air dmg we do on AoE dmg, 9% increaased on non physical dmg.

While I doubt this is the best spec out there, I think its going to be good enoug, and fun to boot!

edit: forgot to add these also give you a CD for reduced dmg taken, and a interupt/silence. Also, you should have the dex buff from party msot likely, but added bonus of being able to buff Dex.
    Last edited by Findlyn; 03-02-2011 at 02:01 PM.

PvE wise its a machine, can safely take elites upto even level and close minor rifts solo.

PvP i'm usually looking to support via the bard soul and provide some focus support fire via armour debuff and snare.

my current build for PvE

Ranger/Bard/Assassin

+ Reply to Thread