+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Saboteur FAQ] - Read/ask here if you plan to go Sab main

Telaran

Post [Saboteur FAQ] - Read/ask here if you plan to go Sab main

Saboteur FAQ

So because there is no other Post around I'm simply gonna start with the Questions I do have. And prolly you guys do have lots of questions aswell, so keep them coming and I will do some sort of Checklist beneath and add yours.

Please consider this as a WIP. Continually achieving greatness with your help, ruling the Universe or what you people might call it.

(geekygeek stuff inc - but we all want to do the math and I'm no Calc)

Marksman:

* Keen Eye
    Increases the range of your ranged weapon attacks by 1 meter. ____ Does "Keen Eye" affect the throwing range of my Bombs?

* Sharpshooter
    Increases your Hit chance with ranged weapons by 1%. ____ Does "Sharpshooter" increase the hit chance of my Bombs?

* Increased Fire Power
    Your Critical Hits with ranged weapons increases your Attack Power by 5% for 10 seconds. ____ Does "Increased Fire Power affect me as a Sab due to the term "ranged weapons"?

* Penetrating Shots
    Your Physical attacks with ranged weapons ignore 4% of your target's Armor. ____ Are my ranged attacks, my bombs, more likely to ignore the target's armor?

* Bull's Eye
    Causes the outcome of the next Marksman's damaging ability to be a Critical Hit. This ability does not trigger global cooldown. ____ No specific, so called "marksman abilties" are listed in the tooltip: Do my bombs count?

Ranger:

* Killing Focus
    Increases your damage with ranged weapons by 2%. ____ Bombs = ranged weapons?

* Opportunity
    Your successful ranged weapon Finishers have a 33% chance to award 1 Combo Point. ____ Ranged "weapon" finishers are ment to be my "Detonate"?

Assassin:

* Serrated Blades
    Your Critical Hit attacks with melee weapons cause the target to bleed for 33% of your weapon's damage over 6 seconds. Can be applied up to 3 times. ____ Due to classification problems with our "bombs": do "serrated blades" apply when using bombs?

* Poisons
    Virulent-, Lethal-, Leeching-, Debilitating- and Cloudy Poison (Infiltrator). ____ Do poisons apply while throwing charges? Do poisons apply after an Explosion?

To be continued.

PS: I also refer you guys to Do Saboteurs benefit more from Ranged Weapons or from Melee Weapons?
    Last edited by Ithy_; 03-02-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Telaran

Thumbs up

<placeholder>

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    "The power of each stack of Charges attached to the target is increased by 1 when they are detonated."
    So most people will read that and think, "Ok so if I have 5 blast charges on the enemy it will hit like I have 6." Right. I get that part. But what if I have 3 blast charges and 2 spike charges? Would it be like 4 blast charges and 3 spike charges? The description says the power of each stack of charges is increased by 1. How far can I take it? 2 blast, 2 spike, and 1 shrapnel? That's a total of 8 charges worth of damage in a detonation.

So how does it work?
    Reposted from here.

Also, when you're a high level Saboteur, you get a nice present. Booby Trap with the The Trapper talent. You can spam the highest damage trap you have with no cool down, over and over, with a one second casting time.

That is the Saboteur's true power, not the charges. Their traps and their bombs.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Brizyrr View Post
    Also, when you're a high level Saboteur, you get a nice present. Booby Trap with the The Trapper talent. You can spam the highest damage trap you have with no cool down, over and over, with a one second casting time.

That is the Saboteur's true power, not the charges. Their traps and their bombs.
    great. well no one would argue about that, still tons of things to discuss - BTT

i know its a hard trip to check all these concerns listed above

actually, from what i can tell, charges and detonate since they dont actualy use weapons directly count as a form of attack powered spell. i dont think any of those effect your charge/detonate abilities. To support this i havent seen either skill trigger any of the other classes abilities that use that require a weapon to do something. the only thing weapons do for them to my knowledge is stats and your main weapon determines the damage.

Soulwalker

Charges/bombs are not a ranged/melee weapon, so they are NOT affected by any range boosting talent other then the specific ones in the saboteur tree - Long Range Bombing and Remote Clipping.

Sharper shooter does not affect charges/bombs since they are their own unique attack, again not a melee or ranged weapon.

Attack power boosts your Detonate only, as the tool tip states. It is the ONLY thing affected by AP, as far as I have read/tested.

Again, any tool tip that has the words "melee/ranged weapon" will not affect your charges or bombs. What does affect them is a talent like Blazing Fury from the NB tree that increases combo point abilities. Note that no weapon is mentioned, so it's a straight up boost to our charges.

Bull's Eye does not affect Saboteur.

Killing focus does not affect Saboteur.

Opportunity does not affect Saboteur.

Serrated blades does not affect Saboteur.

Poisons DO AFFECT Saboteur, as that is how Trion made them able to be cleansed. You can boost them by 15% with the Poison Potency talent. I do not know if this is currently working, it was bugged at the end of beta and I do not use it myself.

Telaran

Dirtycamel thanks for the clarification

Champion

Unless a dev explicitly confirms, without EXTENSIVE (ie long boss fights) parsing you cannot rule out what certain ranged abilities from other trees do or do not effect charges/bombs. ie +% hit/dmg

I have seen no such statement.

In fact the last patch notes state that charges ARE ranged attacks. (see serated blades)

So without parsing proof or dev confirmation anything stated on this topic is heresay and not fact.
    Last edited by XFracture; 03-03-2011 at 07:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread