+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How does Charge Booster work exactly?

Default How does Charge Booster work exactly?

"The power of each stack of Charges attached to the target is increased by 1 when they are detonated."
    So most people will read that and think, "Ok so if I have 5 blast charges on the enemy it will hit like I have 6." Right. I get that part. But what if I have 3 blast charges and 2 spike charges? Would it be like 4 blast charges and 3 spike charges? The description says the power of each stack of charges is increased by 1. How far can I take it? 2 blast, 2 spike, and 1 shrapnel? That's a total of 8 charges worth of damage in a detonation.

So how does it work?

I was testing it to see if it even worked at all and havnt noticed. I tried stacking 5 concussive charges looking for a 6 second stun and only got 5 and tried 4 charges thinking maybe 5 second stun is the max and sure enough with 4 charges I got a 4 second stun. So I'm yet to find out exactly how it works.

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.

I haven't tested concussive charges, but have you considered that the game may round the seconds down? In other words, it will display 6 for 6 seconds until the timer gets below that number. Once it has 5.99 seconds left, it will display 5. So it may look like it's starting at 5 seconds when it's really just rounding down.

I have noticed this with debuffs ticking down. After the "1" second is displayed they don't disappear, but go to 0.

Easy explanation.

1 type of charge = 2 charges with Charge Booster.

So let's say you stack 5 blast charges, that's 6 blast charges in the end.

HOWEVER!

Let's say you put on 5 different charges. That's a total of TEN charges on your enemy.

So moral of the story is, when you get charge booster, use five different charges. Until then, stack blast charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    I haven't tested concussive charges, but have you considered that the game may round the seconds down? In other words, it will display 6 for 6 seconds until the timer gets below that number. Once it has 5.99 seconds left, it will display 5. So it may look like it's starting at 5 seconds when it's really just rounding down.

I have noticed this with debuffs ticking down. After the "1" second is displayed they don't disappear, but go to 0.
    I did look into that and I don't see stuns going to 0 before falling off

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.

I think we need to do some proper testing on this to clarify exactly what this talent does and what it doesn't do.
    Defiant:Not just a faction... but a Lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by Korntastic View Post
    does this mean my que is going to restart? im in 137 position. if it does im going to slam my fist through the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Brutas View Post
    I think we need to do some proper testing on this to clarify exactly what this talent does and what it doesn't do.
    I just explained it up there. ^ It adds one extra charge for every different type of charge you put on.

Thanks for the replies.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Brizyrr View Post
    I just explained it up there. ^ It adds one extra charge for every different type of charge you put on.
    That implies stacking different charges is WAY more valuable than stacking one charge. That's charge + charge + detonate for 2 of one and 2 of another vs 4-5 of 1.

That would be quite powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshroud View Post
    That implies stacking different charges is WAY more valuable than stacking one charge. That's charge + charge + detonate for 2 of one and 2 of another vs 4-5 of 1.

That would be quite powerful.
    Exactly why I asked the question.

Ascendant

woe is me, it's so hard to test on the provided test dummies. it would take all of 10 minutes.

look - never trust anything you read on the forums. test it yourself or you'll never really know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    woe is me, it's so hard to test on the provided test dummies. it would take all of 10 minutes.

look - never trust anything you read on the forums. test it yourself or you'll never really know for sure.
    Maybe I'm asking because I'm not at home and I'm not capable of testing it at the moment.

Raven- what I said is true, as are the implications. 10 charges are much more powerful than any other combination.

However, there is a reason to continue stacking five blast charges. Annihilation bomb. It's the perfect opening hit. With the talent that's above it in the tree, it detonates the blast charges and gives any two foes near the target the same amount of damage done. Combine this with Carpet Bombing, and you have yourself some fun.

+ Reply to Thread