+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksmen & his cooldowns.

Default Marksmen & his cooldowns.

Is it just me or is the Marksmen class just riddled with way to many 1min cds?

I mean are AoE attack that has a push back would be alot better on a 30s cd so it could be used more in PvE & pvP vs ppl rushing the fang in TGB
    Last edited by RJTravis; 03-02-2011 at 11:43 AM.

A little off topic but u are MM/BD/Sab and I'm guessing for the ranged interrupt and evasion, how well does that work for u?

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.

Quote Originally Posted by Draik View Post
    A little off topic but u are MM/BD/Sab and I'm guessing for the ranged interrupt and evasion, how well does that work for u?
    The ranged interupt Is very good vs healers once you burst them low & then line up a 100% crit after blocking a heal they die fast.

I'm thinking about droping sab tho as ppl cry & i think NB would do better dmg over all.

Shadowlander

I find the cooldowns to be just fine. Now I have specced into MM a little higher to reduce some of those cooldowns and also get the ability to reset all of those timers. I can burst some crazy damage with hit and run, strafe, crossfire, and the auto crit move..... Then reload all the timers only to do it all again. That's about a minute or more of continuous dps. I'm at work so I can't give exact numbers lol

Shadowlander

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...qzVudo.0VMcxcb

This is what I'm looking at so far, probably better for PVP then PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Prysm View Post
    I find the cooldowns to be just fine. Now I have specced into MM a little higher to reduce some of those cooldowns and also get the ability to reset all of those timers. I can burst some crazy damage with hit and run, strafe, crossfire, and the auto crit move..... Then reload all the timers only to do it all again. That's about a minute or more of continuous dps. I'm at work so I can't give exact numbers lol
    Yes With the reset cd it not as bad but I feel the reset cd is really there gimping us as once you use the reset & your first 2 burst are over for 3min your kinda useless they should think about maybe removing the reset skill and balancing the skills around a more set cd eh just fill the reset is a band aid

I love the way most of the cooldowns get reduced as you spec higher into Marksman, especially On the Double, the best skill a Marksman has, which gets reduced to a stunning 20 seconds.

Having a 20 second cooldown on a skill that negates all movement impairing effects completely is awesome for PvP. You can run in, blink behind the tree in black garden, unleash hell on the fang carrier, push everybody back, pick it up, and run back to the safety of your team all in one awesome maneuver (since the rest of your team will never bother getting the fang and you know it).

Even better: If some assassin stealthganks you or some champion charges at you, simply pop on the double to remove his root *and* his slow, and also be a lot faster than him. Oh and you know he can't follow you, since the more he follows you the faster your barbed shot will make his HP drop. (Yay for a Marksman ability that didn't get nerfed, just like Strafe in beta 5!)

The only thing I would personally change is Strafe, now that it no longer automatically kills your target - the cooldown can be slightly reduced. I'd change it to 40 seconds base CD and make it be affected by the talent, bring it down to around 30 seconds total.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by nand chan View Post
    I love the way most of the cooldowns get reduced as you spec higher into Marksman, especially On the Double, the best skill a Marksman has, which gets reduced to a stunning 20 seconds.

Having a 20 second cooldown on a skill that negates all movement impairing effects completely is awesome for PvP. You can run in, blink behind the tree in black garden, unleash hell on the fang carrier, push everybody back, pick it up, and run back to the safety of your team all in one awesome maneuver (since the rest of your team will never bother getting the fang and you know it).

Even better: If some assassin stealthganks you or some champion charges at you, simply pop on the double to remove his root *and* his slow, and also be a lot faster than him. Oh and you know he can't follow you, since the more he follows you the faster your barbed shot will make his HP drop. (Yay for a Marksman ability that didn't get nerfed, just like Strafe in beta 5!)

The only thing I would personally change is Strafe, now that it no longer automatically kills your target - the cooldown can be slightly reduced. I'd change it to 40 seconds base CD and make it be affected by the talent, bring it down to around 30 seconds total.

On the double is an amazing skill. I do agree that with the nerf to strafe at least let it be effected by rapid extridiction or whatever it's called.

+ Reply to Thread