+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Im not seeing Bards stop a flag cap?

Soulwalker

Default Im not seeing Bards stop a flag cap?

So doing some Fang and Codex in beta and release and I could swear to god that my bard spells arent interrupting someone capping a flag or picking up the fang. Same for my AoE spell. I see every other AoE interrupt me when capping however, as well as other magic attacks.

Anyone else seeing this? Or have some more definitive tests/answers?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Beltyra View Post
    So doing some Fang and Codex in beta and release and I could swear to god that my bard spells arent interrupting someone capping a flag or picking up the fang. Same for my AoE spell. I see every other AoE interrupt me when capping however, as well as other magic attacks.

Anyone else seeing this? Or have some more definitive tests/answers?
    If someone has an absorb shield on it prevents pushbacks, could that be what you are seeing?

Eep
    Shadowlander

i thought it was jsut me seeing this heh.

Shadowlander

Only the first tick of cadence causes a flag interrupt. If the target re-clicks the flag as you channel into them they will cap it by the time you finish your channel leaving you with the proverbial WTF?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkoli View Post
    If someone has an absorb shield on it prevents pushbacks, could that be what you are seeing?
    Nah it's for any class I come across, unless those defiants are reallllllly good clerics and putting shields on every warrior who happens to be capping a flag by himself. :-)

I know I could totally just be seeing things or have a string of amazingly bad luck, but after dozens of games the only way I stop someone capping is by letting by bow auto attack or if I hit a different souls abilities.

Soulwalker

I also think this game capping cast time is realllly fast. But maybe Im just used to WoW, but I swear WAR's caps took longer than this game too.

I noticed this on my Sab too. I will drop a bomb onto the flag at the beginning of the match and the guardian team will just run in and grab the flag without being delayed at all.

I thought that all damage would cause interruption. Not just specific abilities. Maybe this can fall under something similar to diminishing returns? First tick interrupts, second tick doesn't, and so on.

I can see how there are advantages to not allowing this type of constant interruption. If that was possible, then all a team would have to do is just lay down aoe over the flag so they could never cap it and just kill off the players, then grab the flag and run like hell.

I don't know. This seems like an interesting topic.

Evil thoughts can't hide. I'll help release the mind. I'll peel away the skin. Release the dark within.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by gbny View Post
    Only the first tick of cadence causes a flag interrupt. If the target re-clicks the flag as you channel into them they will cap it by the time you finish your channel leaving you with the proverbial WTF?
    Ouch. Really? Thats pretty absurd, and they either need to fix channeled spells to work correctly, or make the cap casting time long enough to actually be able to do more than one ability?

+ Reply to Thread