+ Reply to Thread

Thread: lookin for a bard/nb/ranger build

Telaran

Default lookin for a bard/nb/ranger build

can anybody help me out w a bard/nb/ranger build.. im trying this go but im not familiar w the type of play so im not sure how to set it up.. any help i would appreciate thanks.

Gun for the second tier 3/3 talent that makes your cadence heal. Next, gun for 12 points to get the healing motif. Sprinkle in your 5/5 NB talent for +15% to combo builders, then 3/3 NB talent for +9% to non-physical. Grabbing 5/5 in ranger for +5% crit is nice. After that point, do whatever you want.

Telaran

thanks.. for a soloing build you think this will work well or would mm suite me better?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by badalchemist View Post
    Gun for the second tier 3/3 talent that makes your cadence heal. Next, gun for 12 points to get the healing motif. Sprinkle in your 5/5 NB talent for +15% to combo builders, then 3/3 NB talent for +9% to non-physical. Grabbing 5/5 in ranger for +5% crit is nice. After that point, do whatever you want.
    Ive been doing this and it is great for soloing. THe nightblade damage is wicked with bard heals, feel unstoppable.

One of my builds right now, for solo'n, looks like this at 31.

Heavy Ranger, med Bard, through in any soul for the third..im using RS for Shadow Shift (no points in the soul as of right now), but you can throw whatever soul you want in as a third and it works just as well....if not better, depending on your play style.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MNcp.yr0b0foR.iczq

Rotation looks something like this: *hit macro for Mortifs*, Power Chord, Cadence, Headshot. Thats it. It's that simple. I like to round up a bunch of mobs and use Rain of Arrow for nice grinding in between WFs, or for grinding mats...whatever.

This build is silly easy mode to play, at least right now. Works well for anything +2 lv mobs. When I need to be doing +3 lv mobs I switch to another build...or when I dont feel like playing with a pet, which lets face it gets old after a while, I switch over to a Sab/Bard/NB build that rocks just as hard.
    Last edited by Madicen; 03-02-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Madicen View Post
    One of my builds right now, for solo'n, looks like this at 31.

Heavy Ranger, med Bard, through in any soul for the third..im using RS for Shadow Shift (no points in the soul as of right now), but you can throw whatever soul you want in as a third and it works just as well....if not better, depending on your play style.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MNcp.yr0b0foR.iczq

Rotation looks something like this: *hit macro for Mortifs*, Power Chord, Cadence, Headshot. Thats it. It's that simple. I like to round up a bunch of mobs and use Rain of Arrow for nice grinding in between WFs, or for grinding mats...whatever.

This build is silly easy mode to play, at least right now. Works well for anything +2 lv mobs. When I need to be doing +3 lv mobs I switch to another build...or when I dont feel like playing with a pet, which lets face it gets old after a while, I switch over to a Sab/Bard/NB build that rocks just as hard.
    checking this out.. but i notice my pet starts at lvl 5 so he cant do anything. what do i have to do grind him on lower lvl mobs till he lvls up to me?

You will basically never die if you're spamming cadence (boosted by nightblade talents) and keep your restoration motif up. But it is a bit boring. Expect to have to go through 3-4 full rotations of Cadence x5 + finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by tony32p View Post
    checking this out.. but i notice my pet starts at lvl 5 so he cant do anything. what do i have to do grind him on lower lvl mobs till he lvls up to me?
    If your pet is not keeping up with you, it is a sign that you haven't been to a trainer in a while!

Quote Originally Posted by tony32p View Post
    If your pet is not keeping up with you, it is a sign that you haven't been to a trainer in a while!
    Like this guy said, go visit a trainer, you can "train" and get the next rank of your abilities.

Rank 1 pet goes to lvl 5, Rank 2 pet lvl 15, Rank 3 pet lvl 25, etc

I don't know what level they go to exactly with each rank, but that was just an example
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

You will basically never die if you're spamming cadence (boosted by nightblade talents) and keep your restoration motif up. But it is a bit boring. Expect to have to go through 3-4 full rotations of Cadence x5 + finisher.
    Boooorrriiiiiggg....and thats an understatement.

This is why I dont just spam Cadence with this build, I have to mix it up with multiple mob pulls. Rain of Arrows mows em down and with the Greater Piggy I only throw in Cadence when I need too.

More people need to try this build out. It works very well for PvE leveling...but like we said, can be dull to play.

Soulwalker

Im using this build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...qszVz.VIxMb0xM

Using Primal death and Cadence as my attacks, as an opener I use Dark Malady, if possible.

Basically I get all the normal buffs from bard, but have improved my damage significantly. I had Ranger beofre BArd as my 3rd soul, but since the pet isnt viable after lvl 30, unless you go deep into Ranger, I decided to improve my Cadence Damage instead, and NB can do just that.

+ Reply to Thread