+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassin PvP builds

Default Assassin PvP builds

Hey, so let's not start this topic with any rage, and let me ask you fellow rogues.

Have you gotten any good assassin builds for PvP ?

Today in codex, there was a 29 lvl assassin, who pretty much killed me in 3 seconds, from full to 0 healt. Well, I'm lvl 28 atm so i saw the sin run around, so i tried to gank him this time, got to him from behind, stunned him like he did to me ( ofcourse i applied expose weakness before that ) and applied puncture, used final blow, tried to stun again, but nothing happened and he pretty much killed me in 4-5 hits again from full health.

Howcome did this sin deal 500+ dmg with backstab is another question, but i myself have only reached 250 crits at the very most.

so yeah, if anyone has a good build they could share with me so i can check if my build isn't exactly messed up and that would be the reason for my sin sucking so bad.

It's not the great who are the strong, it's the strong who are the great !

Quote Originally Posted by onnenonkija View Post
    Hey, so let's not start this topic with any rage, and let me ask you fellow rogues.

Have you gotten any good assassin builds for PvP ?

Today in codex, there was a 29 lvl assassin, who pretty much killed me in 3 seconds, from full to 0 healt. Well, I'm lvl 28 atm so i saw the sin run around, so i tried to gank him this time, got to him from behind, stunned him like he did to me ( ofcourse i applied expose weakness before that ) and applied puncture, used final blow, tried to stun again, but nothing happened and he pretty much killed me in 4-5 hits again from full health.

Howcome did this sin deal 500+ dmg with backstab is another question, but i myself have only reached 250 crits at the very most.

so yeah, if anyone has a good build they could share with me so i can check if my build isn't exactly messed up and that would be the reason for my sin sucking so bad.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MMip.GAorzobodb.V0x

This is how I rolled (ish) at that level. All I can say for him are guesses. He could have had REALLY good armor/weapons. The spec I have there is 15% more damage from combo point moves and a 20% crit damage bonus. If you remove some of my favorites in favor of cruel vengeance, then after your first crit, that's 10% even MORE damage. All this, with the good gear, I could see it possible.
    Finkle: Dwarven Rogue
    Vanguard

500 backstab? wow thats got to be gear. At MOST i had 300 - 320 max crits (usually around 290) at level 29. I had really good gear myself (one purple sword i found in a cairn near granit falls).
    Ralinblack - Faemist - Onineko - Assassin - LvL 50 - Rank 2
    Ralinsteel - Faemist - Onineko - Warrior - LvL 10 - Fear me!

I hit 29 last night doing WF's as an assassin. I don't really manage to get a look at my damage when I'm in kill-mode but I have seen me crit for like 700+ on regular mobs. I know damage against other players is a completely different ballgame but I am pretty certain it's chalked up to gear. Did you catch his name?

Rift Disciple

Wow, this thread makes me look forward to getting geared.

My backstabs are critting at most for 320, and that's against low armor enemies. I'm lvl 34 and my weapons are questing greens, barely better than the blues i bought at 26 =( yeah, I have no idea how he is hitting 500 backstab crits @29. If i wasn't such a noob I would claim it's impossible and demand a screenshot.

Also, I am stacking as many +% damage as possible...

15% from cloak & dagger
    10% from crit talent
    15% from nightblade combo talent
    20% crit damage from assassin talent
    4% from the physical damage increase

I really don't know what else i could be doing.
    Last edited by wolfpaq777; 03-02-2011 at 03:19 PM.

im 38 now, with decent gear from dungeons, a sick blue dagger from KB and have yet to break 300 with my backstab crits, are you 100% sure it was a backstab?
    Looking to buy Rift, or another PC game? Direct2drive is having a Refer a Friend program where you can get 15% off your order. Click the link and you will get a code, just use the code in the "Promotion Code" slot during checkout.
    http://direct2drive.tellapal.com/a/clk/gCG0c

Ascendant

Could always have been hacking, people do love trying to find what hacks they can get away with early on in games, and a bit of a damage boost is the best one if it is possible cos they can just scream back *I'm just great thats why i do more damage*. Hopefully its just that they were insanely lucky and have all purple items

Quote Originally Posted by caballero89 View Post
    im 38 now, with decent gear from dungeons, a sick blue dagger from KB and have yet to break 300 with my backstab crits, are you 100% sure it was a backstab?
    I haven't managed to see any skill used from behind 2 times in a row with a big 500 on my screen, I'd pretty much suspect it was a final blow, but generating 5 combo points in such short time ( propably under 2 seconds ) without massive attack speed buff is impossible, which again is impossible as there is no attack speed buffs in this game, at least not ones that buff it up so much. Other thing that comes to mind is that he had no cooldowns on skills, which again i think is quite impossible as the game has no assa buff that removes CD's from skills, so yeah, im pretty sure it was a backstab. They both critted, thats what I'm sure of, but how the hell did he do it, or even how did he kill me so fast ( with having nearly 1,9k hp in WF and 991 armor @ lvl 28 which pretty much evens out the level difference aswell ) is a big ? in my head.

I only came into the conclusion of him having a sick good sin build.

Also, i have the NB passives " coup de grace " and " blazing fury ", but I just don't seem to kill anything. With good luck i score 1 or 2 good ganks in 1 Codex, if it's a mage lvl 20 with green gear. Otherwise, i just end up getting myself kited to death, miserably proving that sins are a bit too bad class in this game. Might also be because our server grouppen has the worst group PvP performance of all time. Defiants are 1st. Missing healers, 2nd. Everyone rolled a ranged class and 3rd. the lack of common sense, which renders winning impossible. I've been in some balanced groups though, and then i felt like my sin was on fire !, but after losing all games except for one, not having to gotten 1 single clean kill myself, makes me wanna /kill_all_defiants_at_codex_and_delete_their_accoun t_for_good.

Well, I quess I just need to figure out a better way of using my skills and not try to play " assassin ", but instead skip the DOTs, and just *stun -> backstab -> backstab -> stun -> backstab -> backstab -> pray someone to come and aid me -> die*

I just can't understand how sin dots and stuns are so miserable in Rift, but are mandatory in other games, maybe Trion just tried to be original ?

Telaran

opener stun adds 3 combo points talented, puncture adds the other 2 2 moves 5 points. it was probably final blow however..
    -my highest at lev 32 with a green and blue dagger for final blow was in the 1200's

Quote Originally Posted by shinovar View Post
    opener stun adds 3 combo points talented, puncture adds the other 2 2 moves 5 points. it was probably final blow however..
    -my highest at lev 32 with a green and blue dagger for final blow was in the 1200's
    But can you generate 5 combo points twice in about 2-3 seconds was the question, as i got 500 twice on my screen, not just once. If i had gotten it once, i would've immediately recognized it as a crit finisher, but twice makes things different

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by onnenonkija View Post
    But can you generate 5 combo points twice in about 2-3 seconds was the question, as i got 500 twice on my screen, not just once. If i had gotten it once, i would've immediately recognized it as a crit finisher, but twice makes things different
    ....apparently yes you can. Two moves in 2-3 seconds not hard to do. Finisher,crit,better gear snuck you from stealth. Sin for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkhon View Post
    ....apparently yes you can. Two moves in 2-3 seconds not hard to do. Finisher,crit,better gear snuck you from stealth. Sin for the win.
    Apparently you did not follow the conversation.

The thing was, that he did it twice in a row in the time of 4-5 seconds. I know that you can generate 5 combo points in short time from stealth, but when you're not stealthed you cannot use the stun to get 3 points, that is the case

it could be luck through subterfuge. Or it could be not an assassin. Ive seen bladedancers with WICKED crits and their quickstrike+keenstrike combo is just mean damage.
    a combat log screenshot would tell. and help a lot more than guessing

+ Reply to Thread