+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bladedancer+Range in PvE

Soulwalker

Default Bladedancer+Range in PvE

So i woke up this morning and I had a thought.When standing still as a ranger or marksman, and getting the + weapon speed buffs from various skills, it would be nice if auto attack was stronger. Then i wondered if Bladedancer could be combined with the use of a bow to increase the skills. Well, i check Zam and what do you know, the Bladedancer abilities do not specify "usable only with melee weapon". What do you guys think about creating a Ranger or Marksman with part Bladedancer to increase auto attack damage, as well as some of the other useful abilities? I'll link a build with the abilities I'm referring to.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Vhx0V0VhbR.V0h

Combat Expertise, Blade Finnese, and Ambidextrous would be universally useful I think for the earlier skills, especially when used with the Rapid Fire Shot finisher from Marksman, 30% increased firing speed.

Combat Efficiency and Combat Culmination would help maintain higher energy regen from killing targets, and using finishers.You regain roughly 15 energy while casting a Deadeye shot, with these skills, you would get another 15 upon a 5 point shot. Seemed useful.

If Blade Tempo is used with the Marksman ability Hit and Run, you could spam Empowered shot, then Deadeye shot with 30% more damage for 15 seconds, would be a nice cooldown pairing.

At this point, it gets sticky in the Bladedancer tree, having run out of useful abilities, but have a very nice one so close to getting. I threw 1 point in increased dodge, 1 point in counter balance, and 1 point into Sprint.

With 2 points into Vivacity, the max energy is increased by 20, which seems pretty useful considering all the energy regen abilties this build has. This is all for the points in Bladedancer, now lets take a quick look at the root abilities.

Sidesteps is a universally useful defensive cooldown, and since this many points in Bladedancer gives the marksman some melee fighting abilities as well, its a little added bonus.

Weapon barrage offers a cheap 20 meter spell interupt ability.

Combat Preparation Offers the raid a nice dexterity buff, raid buffs always are nice to have, no?

I put the other 8 points into the class that we shall not speak of for enhancing the combo point damager ability, and 3 points into the finisher enhancer. This gives access to Hellfire Blades, and to Lost hope, so this build has a cc when needed.

I realize with this build I lose the late marksman abilities, such as the sniper's pedestal, quick reload, fire and forget, and controlled fire, but I think the enhanced auto attack, increased energy regen and max energy, as well as Blade tempo combined with the marksman cooldowns offer a nice period of powerful burst.

Thoughts? Again, this is meant for instances and raids.

I've been running with a MM/BD/'Sin build since Beta and I love it. The buffs from both BD & 'Sin that do not specify melee weapons (e.g.: physical damage, weapon damage, etc.) can be used on ranged attacks.

As is now I've got 2 venom buffs and a Dex buff to all ranged attacks. And, if mobs or enemies in PvP close you have the punch to survive.

Edit: Checked out your build - very similar to what I have with Assassin in place of Nightblade.
    Last edited by SmokeyGB; 03-02-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Soulwalker

It seems like an interesting idea, but I guess it just needs testing at max level, so all the appropriate skills will be had. I don't know if its very viable as a leveling spec.

+ Reply to Thread