+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Blind is useless

Default Blind is useless

Dots need to STOP breaking blind. It's USELESS. You can't get away from people when you blind them because assassin revolves around bleeds and one point of damage breaks it immediately. It's a joke and I'm sick and tired of the assassin's abilities breaking off of useless attacks. You get a warrior or warlock that can fear you and put multiple hits and dots on you but does that break? No. You're sitting there running around getting owned but you blind someone and it just breaks. Wtf? This is so broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucieus View Post
    Dots need to STOP breaking blind. It's USELESS. You can't get away from people when you blind them because assassin revolves around bleeds and one point of damage breaks it immediately. It's a joke and I'm sick and tired of the assassin's abilities breaking off of useless attacks. You get a warrior or warlock that can fear you and put multiple hits and dots on you but does that break? No. You're sitting there running around getting owned but you blind someone and it just breaks. Wtf? This is so broken.
    Read the ability description, it breaks on damage. Even when it does, it can still be used as an interrupt. To avoid breaking it with your own DOTs do not take Serrated Blades in your build and do not use DOTs from other souls, your blind will work just fine unless something else breaks it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykin View Post
    Read the ability description, it breaks on damage. Even when it does, it can still be used as an interrupt. To avoid breaking it with your own DOTs do not take Serrated Blades in your build and do not use DOTs from other souls, your blind will work just fine unless something else breaks it.
    So, basically, drop the entire point of the Assassin tree to effectively use an Assassin ability. Yeah, that makes no sense.

Pro Tip: Blind the person you're not dpsing
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Yeah, you can blind the person you're not dpsing but the odds of me going against someone 2 v 1 is highly unlikely. I expect to use blind to get away and re-stealth. It's dumb as **** when you use it and it breaks so fast that you don't even know you used it. I need this ability to get away especially if sprint is on CD. Other then sprint i have no idea how i'm expected to get away from someone that I might be losing the battle with. I can slip away but that's only immune to damage for 3 seconds and typically most dots are around 10 seconds plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Madae View Post
    So, basically, drop the entire point of the Assassin tree to effectively use an Assassin ability. Yeah, that makes no sense.
    Not at all, just control when you use bleeds - jagged, puncture, impale. The problem with serrated blades is that it is random and random is not so good for PVP.

Not at all, just control when you use bleeds - jagged, puncture, impale. The problem with serrated blades is that it is random and random is not so good for PVP.
    It's hard to control that because you can't forsee the future of the fight. Whenever I see a warrior, especially one with a shield assuming it's a paladin, i need all the bleeds i can get on him quick. I don't plan on using paralyzing strike against a class that can absorb a ridiculous amount of my damage on top of a full heal, stuns, etc. So typically I need the bleeds to wear them down without having to worry about attacks that might miss and what not. If they full heal I can just reset and come back again with the same tactic but I can't come back again when blind is useless in this situation.

Also, I could use sprint to get away but the way battles are going lately at 30 I'm almost always forced to use side steps or I get critted harder then I can crit them.
    Last edited by Lucieus; 03-02-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Telaran

i too would like every skill in every soul to be viable at all times. strategy is hard

Serrated Blades 0/3
    Your Critical Hit attacks with melee weapons cause your target to bleed based on (100/200/300)% of your weapon's damage over 6 seconds. Can be applied up to 3 times.

A rogue without a high crit rating is not a rogue at all. There are also talents that increase crit for certain abilities. There is also incapicitate (or Lost Hope from NB), which would better serve the purpose you're recommending blind be used for.

This would be a better solution for Blinding Powder;

1. Interrupt spells.
    2. Increase miss percentage by 50%.
    3. Not removed from damage.

The character should still be able to move around, attack, use abilities and spells (after the initial use), albeit with the miss penalty.
    Last edited by Madae; 03-02-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucieus View Post
    It's hard to control that because you can't forsee the future of the fight. Whenever I see a warrior, especially one with a shield assuming it's a paladin, i need all the bleeds i can get on him quick. I don't plan on using paralyzing strike against a class that can absorb a ridiculous amount of my damage on top of a full heal, stuns, etc. So typically I need the bleeds to wear them down without having to worry about attacks that might miss and what not. If they full heal I can just reset and come back again with the same tactic but I can't come back again when blind is useless in this situation.

Also, I could use sprint to get away but the way battles are going lately at 30 I'm almost always forced to use side steps or I get critted harder then I can crit them.
    That's the challenge in PVP, if you chose to use bleeds on purpose - you are foregoing the use of Blind and Dark Containment to effectively CC someone until bleeds are off. If you use bleeds that go off at random times you have no choice at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ghilt View Post
    i too would like every skill in every soul to be viable at all times. strategy is hard
    That's not even the point of this thread. Do you even know how to read? I'm asking for blind to at least be able to take some damage before it breaks. You know, I don't even know why I bothered answering to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Madae View Post
    Serrated Blades 0/3
    Your Critical Hit attacks with melee weapons cause your target to bleed based on (100/200/300)% of your weapon's damage over 6 seconds. Can be applied up to 3 times.

A rogue without a high crit rating is not a rogue at all. There are also talents that increase crit for certain abilities. There is also incapicitate (or Lost Hope from NB), which would better serve the purpose you're recommending blind be used for.

This would be a better solution for Blinding Powder;

1. Interrupt spells.
    2. Increase miss percentage by 50%.
    3. Not removed from damage.
    I disagree, CC that is not broken on damage is a bad idea. It's bad enough Dominators can spec for doing small damage to squirrels.

That's the challenge in PVP, if you chose to use bleeds on purpose - you are foregoing the use of Blind and Dark Containment to effectively CC someone until bleeds are off. If you use bleeds that go off at random times you have no choice at all.
    You're trying to compromise for the entire point an Assassin exists. Stop. Without their bleeds, they are just another melee dps. This is what they're made for, and if their abilities are being counter-productive, then something needs to be changed.

I disagree, CC that is not broken on damage is a bad idea. It's bad enough Dominators can spec for doing small damage to squirrels.
    I didn't say anything about CC not being broken on damage. Lost Hope and Incap would work exactly the same. I'm suggesting that blinding powder not be a CC at all, and basically be an interrupt and anti-melee ability combined in one.
    Last edited by Madae; 03-02-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    Pro Tip: Blind the person you're not dpsing
    pray attention to pro tips.
    Rock is overpowered.
    Paper is fine.
    -Scissors -

We're also talking about poisons here, not pure dps. If someone is afflicted with a poison and gets blinded, it shouldn't be removed from a tick. If a person is blind and gets hit in melee by a weapon or spell, then sure - remove blind.
    Last edited by Madae; 03-02-2011 at 09:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast