+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bard Major Stats?

DNA
    Soulwalker

Default Bard Major Stats?

Hello, everyone. So far I think the game is very nice, every game even old old ones could still use some work, but here at this moment I see a great game being had in the lands of Telara.
    On that note all I'm really looking for is some small information, I've been looking around and could either use the advice or the site you may have come across that will point me in the right direction on what stats I should look for while building a -Bard- heavy character, meaning most points will be in that Soul Tree. Full support is what I want. Just looking to see what stats will benefit me the most.

You do what you do.

Thank You.

Sib
    Shadowlander

Dex, attack power, crit, strength

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    Dex, attack power, crit, strength
    No, no, yes, and no.

Bard abilities do not scale with any melee stats other than crit%, your main focus should be on crit and endurance. If you are taking melee stats it's solely to boost your offspec damage, which if you are playing a bard you will not be using most of the time.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rykin View Post
    No, no, yes, and no.

Bard abilities do not scale with any melee stats other than crit%, your main focus should be on crit and endurance. If you are taking melee stats it's solely to boost your offspec damage, which if you are playing a bard you will not be using most of the time.
    Yes, no, yes, no ?

Dex is crit... so...

Spell power/Spell Crit when you can find it as well. Runes are great for this as most leather armor has neither. Some daggers have it.

On a side note, some of your abilities are scaled with your dmg, so healing with Cadence scales depending on dmg, so the more dmg you do the more healing you do. And since your damage is scaled by the base damageof the weapon you use, range is much higher base dmg than melee. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Imas View Post
    Yes, no, yes, no ?

Dex is crit... so...

Spell power/Spell Crit when you can find it as well. Runes are great for this as most leather armor has neither. Some daggers have it.

On a side note, some of your abilities are scaled with your dmg, so healing with Cadence scales depending on dmg, so the more dmg you do the more healing you do. And since your damage is scaled by the base damageof the weapon you use, range is much higher base dmg than melee. Just a thought.
    Tru dat, dex=crit too. Spell power definately does not affect damage and healing of cadence, I have not tested enough with our other heals to see if it helps there. If it does - that would mean bards will be wearing cloth gear in raids.

Soulwalker

No, no, yes, and no.

im under the impression that cadence damage is based on weapon damage, thus AP (dex, str) is a good thing.
    Ryan - Bard - Guardian - Tearfall

Telaran

Tru dat, dex=crit too. Spell power definately does not affect damage and healing of cadence, I have not tested enough with our other heals to see if it helps there. If it does - that would mean bards will be wearing cloth gear in raids.
    I only mentioned Spell Power/Crit because of Coda of Restoration which does not have an implied scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Medran View Post
    im under the impression that cadence damage is based on weapon damage, thus AP (dex, str) is a good thing.
    You would think that it would help, but boosting your melee stats to improve melee damage does not increase the damage of Cadence (and Power Chord). Switching to a higher damage weapon, however - does improve it. I've tried this in beta7 with taking +5%DEX from Sabo and 15%AP from RS, did not do a damn thing to help with Cadence damage. Then took off all my gear except for a weapon - damage still did not change.

Telaran

You would think that it would help, but boosting your melee stats to improve melee damage does not increase the damage of Cadence (and Power Chord). Switching to a higher damage weapon, however - does improve it. I've tried this in beta7 with taking +5%DEX from Sabo and 15%AP from RS, did not do a damn thing to help with Cadence damage. Then took off all my gear except for a weapon - damage still did not change.
    Did you happen to test this using a base melee weapon (no stat vendor dagger) vs a base ranged weapon (no stat vendor bow) and see if it made a difference? I need to try that tonight on practice dummy and see if moving to ranged actually does bump Cadence since the bow has higher base damage.
    Last edited by Imas; 03-02-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Shadowlander

This makes me think I should start macroing in my bow before every cadence if it's the case :/ I'll need to do some testing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Imas View Post
    Did you happen to test this using a base melee weapon (no stat vendor dagger) vs a base ranged weapon (no stat vendor bow) and see if it made a difference? I need to try that tonight on practice dummy and see if moving to ranged actually does bump Cadence since the bow has higher base damage.
    Didn't try switching melee weapons vs. ranged, sounds like something to experiment with, I just kept all weapons and took off all other gear for that test.

You're not supposed to deal damage with bard soul anyways, its there for buffbot / heals.

Get Nightblade for damage dealing.

Spybot's Dagger Weaving Nun. There's an example of proper synergy between three souls.
    Last edited by Catskills; 03-02-2011 at 10:16 AM.
    Play to Crush.

Soulwalker

I did a quick test last night. I had a main hand weapon, an offhand weapon, and a ranged weapon equipped. The Main and Ranged has same damage range. Unequipping them one at a time, and then putting just one on at a time. I found that it takes the Highest dmg weapon to calculate the weapon dmg part of Cadence. Thus if your off spec is a melee soul, make sure you always have a slow high dmg ranged, and vice versa for a ranged soul.

Further more, when using the Motif that that raises attack power, the amount of dmg goes up and thus the healing goes up.

Conclusion, if your main source of healing is Cadence, without a doubt AP should be your focus. By extension, I would hope melee crit rate would increase the spike dmg of Cadence. As for the other healing, I have not done tests one way or the other.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Catskills View Post
    You're not supposed to deal damage with bard soul anyways, its there for buffbot / heals.

Spybot's Dagger Weaving Nun. There's an example of proper synergy between three souls.
    Well... supporting the group with AE heals that are based off damage dictates that bards need to do damage to better support the group. I don't really see the point of arguing that bards aren't "suppose to deal damage."
    Last edited by Imas; 03-02-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Catskills View Post
    Considering that Nightblade has bonus to Finishers and Combo Point generating abilities, I would suggest Nightblade as the second soul for all bards... not just ones trying to dps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast