+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Demolition Specialst skill broken in Saboteur Tree

Exclamation Demolition Specialst skill broken in Saboteur Tree

I have already submitted a bug report but wanted to see if others had noticed this skill was broken. For those who don't know this skill reads "Your Annihilation Bomb can now detonate all Blast Charges and Shrapnel Charges on the primary target. The damage caused by this detonation affects 1 other enemy within 7 meters of the primary target." This is the skill with 1 of 2 points into it, the second point just changes +1 enemies effected within 7 meters.

The problem is that with 1 or even 2 points into the skill, my Annihilation Bombs do not detonate the charges like they are supposed to. I tested this out on PVE only, so someone say if results vary in PVP. Basically I would attach nothing but Blast Charges, nothing but Shrapnel Charges, combination of both, or various other charges. No matter what I sampled, nothing detonated. I basically still had to use the Detonate skill to get the charges to detonate.

Also a quick response before someone asks....Yes I threw the bomb on the target with charges.

Rift Chaser

it doesnt detonate shrapnel charges, but spike charges. quite different.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ishniana View Post
    Also a quick response before someone asks....Yes I threw the bomb on the target with charges.
    How the hell were you able to check? it leaves the combo counter at 5 since it isnt a detonate, and the charge counter is borked atm, and pushes the buff/debuff bar into oblivion most of the time O_o

Ah well, stupid raid health bars in the way

Its blast and spike charges....seems to work for me.

Ok tested it out and yes sure enough it does detonate the charges, however it leaves the 5 combo points stuck on the mob and you can then use any combo finisher to generate even more dmg. This does NOT look like an intentional mechanic.

Regardless if it was intentional or not, I do believe the combo points should be removed at that point as well, strictly on concept basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishniana View Post
    Ok tested it out and yes sure enough it does detonate the charges, however it leaves the 5 combo points stuck on the mob and you can then use any combo finisher to generate even more dmg. This does NOT look like an intentional mechanic.
    Actually this is how it was intended.

If you look at the damage report, the Blast Charge and such trigger. Just like Detonate.
    Detonate REMOVES the counters. and the charges at the same time A Bomb only removes the Charges not the counters.

DETONATE IS NOT A FINISHER

Um.. detonate is a finisher. The Bomb isn't.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by P-51 View Post

If you look at the damage report, the Blast Charge and such trigger. Just like Detonate.
    Detonate REMOVES the counters. and the charges at the same time A Bomb only removes the Charges not the counters.

Don't know if troll...

Rift Disciple

What is going on here is that detonate always does charge damage, but when detonating charges with A Bomb they can be blocked/parried/dodged/miss. I think this is the bug as it sometimes works fine and I have rechecked my combat log and seen blast charge miss when triggered by A Bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by P-51 View Post

Pretty much nothing you said was true sorry. The counters remain after using Annihilation Bomb to detonate and you can still use them to pop off a detonate for even more damage which definitely seems wrong to me.

Soulwalker

80% of your damage comes from the charges.

Detonate is actually weaker than most finishers.
    Combine with Headshot or Deadeye shot for the win?

Use magnets to acquire charges faster.

+ Reply to Thread