+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hi there Nightblade, I believe we should be reintroduced.

Default Hi there Nightblade, I believe we should be reintroduced.

So, the last time I tried a full blown Nightblade spec, I was level 25, didn't have enough points in the tree for it to really work well.

Last night, while doing my 1am napkin math, I decided to try it again.

My primary interest was to create an AOE DPS build for dungeons. I pretty much grabbed everything I could that I thought would help me accomplish that goal.

Now, I'm sure most of you, like myself, Look at the nightblade tree, and go 'Lame, no infinite stealth. Back to the Assassin'

Well, was I wrong.

Nightblade, with 30+ points in the tree, with 0 of the PVP talents, is INSANE. But not just for PVE, but for PVP too.

So my general rotation with either Sin/NB or RS/Sin, lands me somewhere between 5-8 seconds to kill. Last night while testing on several mobs, I was killing things between 4-6 seconds.

In fact, at one point a level 41 Guardian rolled into the area, (A Warrior of course). With absolutely no idea what I was doing I decided to attack him. Naturally my first attempt failed, not before taking about 50% of his health though. Mind you I'm level 35. Level 35 Rogue with no clue what he's doing vs 41 Warrior who was 4 shot me.

So I soul walked. He ate some food, got full HP, I spawned with 50% hp, stealthed, threw up my weapon enchants, and went in for the kill.

Again, My expertise is with the Sin / Riftstalker / Sabo, so I literally have no idea what I'm doing as a full NB.

I open with:

Lost Hope > Expose Weakness > Dark Malady > Dusk Strike > Primal Strike > Scourge.

Then hit From Dusk Till Dawn.

I watched as his health melted. 80%, 60%, 50%, 40%, 30%, 20%, then he stunned me. my health dropped fast, 50%, 25%,5%, At that point I knew it was I was boned, I had 0 of the PVP talents in Nightblade, since I just wanted my PVE DPS build.

With no clue what I was doing, a jacked up spec, and 50% of my health, I was able to drop a warrior from 100% to about 10-15% hp before I died. If I was his level, had a clue what I was doing, and had a PVP spec.... Wow. This soul puts out numbers. It reminds me of the Harold of Xolti from AOC.

I intend to dissect this class... I'm getting the vibe that Riftstalker>Nightblade > Assassin would be absurd for PVP. Possibly more so than Assassin Riftstalker which I have been very excited about from day one.

And thus my research begins. Anyone else try NB with RS yet?

Champion of Telara

No one that I know of specs NB/RS, or plays Nightblades. You are evidently a special snowflake and should dissect the Soul in private without talking about it.

Well, given that your name is easymode, I'm going to assume the only people you know play either Sabo's or Warriors.

Thanks for the input though.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    No one that I know of specs NB/RS, or plays Nightblades. You are evidently a special snowflake and should dissect the Soul in private without talking about it.
    Did you really have to leave such a morronic comment here? But i guess some people just have that tiny complex or whatever.

To the OP : Reason why you managed to drop a Warrior that well is because NB doesn't do much physical damage. And yes it is a strong soul. I'm still out on which is is better (NB or Sin) so i look forward to whatever builds and results you can come up with

Hello! Whats a nightblade? Ive never heard of such a thing. I believe you must be hallucinating.

Soulwalker

Sounds wicked man, keep updating us on how this is working out for you. I like to read about the souls no one else uses as a main. I haven't looked too much into rogue just yet, trying to feel out warrior and dabbling in cleric, but this sounds promising. I like hearing the words "melt" and "higher level than me" in the same context. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Khroul View Post
    So, the last time I tried a full blown Nightblade spec, I was level 25, didn't have enough points in the tree for it to really work well.

Last night, while doing my 1am napkin math, I decided to try it again.

My primary interest was to create an AOE DPS build for dungeons. I pretty much grabbed everything I could that I thought would help me accomplish that goal.

Now, I'm sure most of you, like myself, Look at the nightblade tree, and go 'Lame, no infinite stealth. Back to the Assassin'

Well, was I wrong.

Nightblade, with 30+ points in the tree, with 0 of the PVP talents, is INSANE. But not just for PVE, but for PVP too.

So my general rotation with either Sin/NB or RS/Sin, lands me somewhere between 5-8 seconds to kill. Last night while testing on several mobs, I was killing things between 4-6 seconds.

In fact, at one point a level 41 Guardian rolled into the area, (A Warrior of course). With absolutely no idea what I was doing I decided to attack him. Naturally my first attempt failed, not before taking about 50% of his health though. Mind you I'm level 35. Level 35 Rogue with no clue what he's doing vs 41 Warrior who was 4 shot me.

So I soul walked. He ate some food, got full HP, I spawned with 50% hp, stealthed, threw up my weapon enchants, and went in for the kill.

Again, My expertise is with the Sin / Riftstalker / Sabo, so I literally have no idea what I'm doing as a full NB.

I open with:

Lost Hope > Expose Weakness > Dark Malady > Dusk Strike > Primal Strike > Scourge.

Then hit From Dusk Till Dawn.

I watched as his health melted. 80%, 60%, 50%, 40%, 30%, 20%, then he stunned me. my health dropped fast, 50%, 25%,5%, At that point I knew it was I was boned, I had 0 of the PVP talents in Nightblade, since I just wanted my PVE DPS build.

With no clue what I was doing, a jacked up spec, and 50% of my health, I was able to drop a warrior from 100% to about 10-15% hp before I died. If I was his level, had a clue what I was doing, and had a PVP spec.... Wow. This soul puts out numbers. It reminds me of the Harold of Xolti from AOC.

I intend to dissect this class... I'm getting the vibe that Riftstalker>Nightblade > Assassin would be absurd for PVP. Possibly more so than Assassin Riftstalker which I have been very excited about from day one.

And thus my research begins. Anyone else try NB with RS yet?
    Dusk till Dawn against warrior? You will just get Bull Rushed and stunned.

Shadowlander

What's a nightblade?

Champion of Telara

I think Khroul is new to the forums.

Shadowlander

The reason that worked so well that one time is your D2D was going off with your SoD.

Those of both on cooldowns 1 min and 30 secs, so you can't do that all the time. When you get it to line up like that its nice though especially when you have the +20% dark malady.

But again, its not a all the time thing and a great "cool lookie what happened here*

Further, I have played all of the rogue melee souls and Bladedancer is the primary AoE pve dps soul for sure no question. You can combine it with NB for weapon flare, but Bladedancer is really underated.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry View Post
    Dusk till Dawn against warrior? You will just get Bull Rushed and stunned.
    I don't think he was a champion. I think it was a void knight/riftblade. I haven't played a warrior yet, so I couldn't tell. I just know that with 4 hits from about 20 feet away he wrecked me.

The point is, that the damage output is there. It's going to take some practice and more research on my end to find optimum rotations / spec for PVPing. As I stated, I had pretty much no clue what I was doing. it is good to know Warriors can Bull Rush out of that though.

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    I think Khroul is new to the forums.
    You have unwarrantably taken a negative attitude with me, which is a common occurrence on the internet when socially ******ed, sexually inept, and mentally deficient people use the internet. However, despite your shortcomings as a human being I forgive you for behaving like an infantile *******. It's not your fault really, it's really your parent's fault for not loving you. Instead you feel the need to high five your troll counterparts every time you can throw in a one liner to attempt to belittle the post of another because you have nothing else better to do with your time. It's the only form of friendship you've ever experienced after all, and I wouldn't want to take that away from you, since I'm sure it's the only thing keeping you from suicide.

Here, since I know you're so desperately craving an e-highfive from your troll buddies, you can tell them you even rickrolled me. That way when you're telling your e-friends how cool you are, you can impress them with additional, unoriginal internet meme related troll accomplishments, maybe one of them will add you to myspace, so that John isn't your only myspace friend.

I hope that helps buddy. High-five.

There are so many specs I wanto try!
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Telaran

You have unwarrantably taken a negative attitude with me, which is a common occurrence on the internet when socially ******ed, sexually inept, and mentally deficient people use the internet. However, despite your shortcomings as a human being I forgive you for behaving like an infantile *******. It's not your fault really, it's really your parent's fault for not loving you. Instead you feel the need to high five your troll counterparts every time you can throw in a one liner to attempt to belittle the post of another because you have nothing else better to do with your time. It's the only form of friendship you've ever experienced after all, and I wouldn't want to take that away from you, since I'm sure it's the only thing keeping you from suicide.

Here, since I know you're so desperately craving an e-highfive from your troll buddies, you can tell them you even rickrolled me. That way when you're telling your e-friends how cool you are, you can impress them with additional, unoriginal internet meme related troll accomplishments, maybe one of them will add you to myspace, so that John isn't your only myspace friend.

He was referring to the ignorance of your first post, where you called the gentlemen (or lady) out who was being facetious, and subtly referring to the first rule of Nightblades, which is, don't talk about night blades.

Perhaps you are the one who needs to lighten up and get a hug from mommy and daddy.

/charlie sheen'ed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast