+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking discussion PvE - Riftstalker builds

Shadowlander

Default Tanking discussion PvE - Riftstalker builds

Please keep all PvP discussion out of this thread. This is a PURE PvE discussion.

I've been considering this build for end-game tanking. I'm not sure how it will perform:

30 Riftstalker, 28 Bladedancer, 8 Bard

The idea behind the spec is to maximize survivability AND threat. It's to be considered an all-round tanking spec that can handle both AoE tanking and end-game boss tanking.

My concerns is how massive loss RiftGuard takes from absorbing 10.5% less dmg (from going 51 Riftstalker) over all the avoidance points in Bladedancer and Bard.

Avoidance gained by this spec:

Ambidexterity (Bladedancer) = +15 dex (scales to grant extra dodge, AP).
    Improved False Blade = +6% parry
    Blade Hustle = +6 second duration on Side Steps (+50% dodge for 15 sec total 21sec every 2min).
    Contra Tempo = faster combo points generation for finishers
    Combat Efficiency = Energy refund of 15 energy (a passive reduction in energy cost on finishers of 15 energy).

Add to that increased threat from Bladedancer passives (strike back, increased dmg, etc.). As we all know increased threat = higher DPS = less time to take damage in = less strain on mana (= hidden migitation/avoidance).

The only thing lost is 10.5% dmg absorption but gaining the same in avoidance. So from migitation to avoidance...

The dilemma is whether damage is too spiky with this build.

You'll find some excellent discussion on this subject here in my thread, and in the following replies as well:
    Riftstalker Tanking: Key Abilities and Mechanics

Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zayrinoke View Post
    You'll find some excellent discussion on this subject here in my thread, and in the following replies as well:
    Riftstalker Tanking: Key Abilities and Mechanics
    A very nice discussion, seems that my build is viable. I never understood the use for Rift Barrier in a PvE build (mainly because it's overwritten by RG and is weaker). I much prefer to use those points otherwise. But nice writeup. Will read your guide later before I start tanking

+ Reply to Thread