+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard build

Default Bard build

im making a mostly supportive barb heals *small Dps as possible, enough to solo stuff* i currently have the current build of Nightblade/Bard/Ranger, i dont like the nightblade much how ever im alverdy level 29 so its a bit to late to be picky.

do u guys recommend any other classes besides nightblade that can assist my bard?

also the root skill of the nightblade called Hellfire Blades which increases the chances of casted fire on the enemie *its a buff* does that skill effect range attacks as well and even the barb range skills also or is it only applicable to close up attacks from my off hand blades
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

You want to keep nightblade imo for Blazing Fury and Unstable State. Right now i'm looking at using the riftstalker/bard/nightblade combo. For soloing ranger is fine as the pet makes a decent tank, but for group play you need to get rid of it.

here is what i'm currently looking at as a build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....EIdqiqskqz.Vh
    Hadriker

Soulwalker

This should be a pretty balanced build for pve and pvp at level 29.

Bard / Ranger / Sab (only for the aoe snare)

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MNcT.xMRbu.VcbVV0k

I am going to do some variation of Ranger / Bard / Nightblade (for the passives, stealth, and incap) at 50

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...z.VcbVV0soo.Vh
    Last edited by albybum; 03-01-2011 at 11:21 PM.
    Stroadt
    Officer of <Rune>
    www.runeguild.net

Sib
    Shadowlander

I've found that you really don't need sub job abilities to solo with bard. At least once you get the single target mez. Before the mez the /ranger 0 point pig works fine as your cadence will keep it alive.

Pretty much I run around until I see something I want to kill, then run up to it and Cadence, Power cord, Coda. Rinse and repeat. Its not very exciting but gets the job done.
    -I hear a lot of junk about power cord but its fast and less energy than doing 2x cadence > coda. I also pull with it some times if I'm running around snatching mobs from clerics.
    -If you get an add use the single target mez. I use mine bound to alt-3 and a mouse over macro.
    -I don't bother with the motifs when I solo because it wastes 5 seconds and its not really needed
    -I use the endurance buff and the run speed or -10% ability cost thing

With this simple approach to soloing with bard the best sub job choices for me are riftstalker and night blade.

Riftstalker
    -unseen fury // 15% attack power.

Night blade
    -Blazing Fury // dps/heals
    -Unstable state // dps/heals

Once you have those three things maxed out you can add points into the riftstalkers defensive skills or the night blades +finisher damage thing or a mix of both.

So you can solo effectively with a full support bard I use this for solo duos(great with tanks or dps clerics), trios, groups and dungeons.

All though I do keep a Full saboteur role on stand by when I want to blow crap up and the quest mobs are spaced out nicely.

And just some other random side note since I'm rambling if you precast the regen song for a pull you will pull aggro.

well thanks for the responces. im looking into the Riftstalker and i like that build (RS/Barb/NB). at the current moment i dont have any perticular problem soloing stuff i do pretty well for my self and i kill the mobs pretty quick. My biggest concern was a replacement for NB because i felt it did not provide any kind of support for my Support Barb build im trying to go for. But thanks for the site ima gonna play a little with that site try to find a better "role" for group oriented stuff and a role for soloing im deff gonna keep that rift stalker tho its looks awesome. if any one has any more suggestion ur welcome to post any here
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zaraki View Post
    i dont like the nightblade much how ever im alverdy level 29 so its a bit to late to be picky

I'm sorry, serious question here. You do know that you can swap your souls out, right? You're not stuck with the 3 souls you originally chose when you started the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Herculeet View Post
    I'm sorry, serious question here. You do know that you can swap your souls out, right? You're not stuck with the 3 souls you originally chose when you started the game.
    yea im fully aware of it, making a new role and swap out the one i dont like. what i ment by my statement is as far as my current role its alverdy leveled up and at the time i made the statement i wasnt aware that you can swap out a soul and still retain your skill points, but im a ware now after some research and information from fellow rifters thanks for your concern

Hey Guys,

thought I would jump in this thread quick and ask a question... if your focusing solely on Bard, what stats should be used? Intel, Wis? Something else?
    Utildai

Quote Originally Posted by Utildai View Post
    Hey Guys,

thought I would jump in this thread quick and ask a question... if your focusing solely on Bard, what stats should be used? Intel, Wis? Something else?
    u should still use a rouge build of leather and dex with Endurance, the heals on a bard are not based on stats from what i noticed in addition the dmg on the skills is weapon based so its a good question. i dont know if the skill of a bard is effected by intel (magic based attack) or Dex, Str, Attack power (physical based attack). bottem line, i have no clue lmao i would like to know the answer also

Shield of Telara

Well, at 24 now on my bard (Bard 24/Rift 5/BD 3), I was a Nightblade instead of Bladedancer but discovered I was missing quite a bit. It had become extremely noticeable in my group once we started to hit the far end of Stonefield. I will reevaluate it again as I go up in levels. Though, I am pretty sure the +5% hit might be worth more to me.

Nightblade is my favorite secondary for the bard without a doubt. I even go beyond the typical 8 points that are recommended, for a few reasons:

Dark Malady is a great way to open fights. 8 seconds of +20% damage takes my typical kill speed from 12 seconds to 9-10.

Melted Skin is also good, although you'll proc it more often if you use the Cadence+PC+Coda rotation since Cadence+Cadence+Coda gives you less auto attack swings.

You could eventually go up to 18 points for Twilight Shelter, but you'll have to put some points into stuff that doesn't help you very much so it might be better to avoid that. 5/5 Blazing Fury, 3/3 Unstable State, 5/5 Coup de Grace, 2/2 Melted Skin, 3/3 Fire and Death Attunement is probably the way I'd go. If you're doing some PvP (either open world or warfronts) I might suggest shifting some points into Twilight Force and Improved Twilight Force since a ranged instant snare is amazing.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

At 29 this is the build I'm working with. I'm finding it's great, I'm sure there are areas that could use improvement.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MNcp.Vz.icdRV0so.x
    Coda Rocklift Bard
    It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Utildai View Post
    Hey Guys,

Standard rogue stats will scale better (dex, attack power).
    "Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrows" (Auron, FFX)

+ Reply to Thread