+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: so wtf happened to archers?

Default so wtf happened to archers?

lately its becoming more and more apparent SOMETHING happened to the archers (marksman and ranger)
    it seems my normal shots do more damage than my finishers and on top of that we take so much damage that our pets die a LOT faster than they did before headstart and mobs I could kill before are now basically impossible to kill

example high priest up at the mirror of ages. I am 22 he is 16 and he basically one shots my pet then one shots me before i even take his health bar down by 50%
    btw ive tried both builds heavy marks and heavy ranger with riftstalker as third soul and I cant do **** against that guy except die
    <a href=http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=76640&dateline=1296504039 target=_blank>http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php...ine=1296504039</a>
    A true pvp'er DOESN'T whine when he gets beat he learns to play then goes back and finds that guy that beat him and fights him again and again and again and again until he wins.....DO this and ill support pvp, as long as you just come here and whine I wont

Telaran

I gave up on Ranger, he's weaksauce imo - I got the next level pet (Dire Wolf) - he has less hp than my old pet and really doesn't do much better.

Certainly not worth the point investment.

Ranger is good for a third soul to get the pet.

Default archers

yeah but up until headstart archers were fun to play, we werent OP at least not in PVE my dps ran usually at the most 100 higher than anyone else my lvl but ONLY cause i worked hard at it and getting epic sourceshards etc from rifts to a lot of luck. sure I could kill mobs pretty easily but hell im shooting from a distance while pet tanks I should be able to, but apparently now something has changed and the higher lvl i get the more blatantly obvious its becoming.
    <a href=http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=76640&dateline=1296504039 target=_blank>http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php...ine=1296504039</a>
    A true pvp'er DOESN'T whine when he gets beat he learns to play then goes back and finds that guy that beat him and fights him again and again and again and again until he wins.....DO this and ill support pvp, as long as you just come here and whine I wont

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rudedog View Post
    I gave up on Ranger, he's weaksauce imo - I got the next level pet (Dire Wolf) - he has less hp than my old pet and really doesn't do much better.

Certainly not worth the point investment.

Ranger is good for a third soul to get the pet.
    Dire wolf is not a tank --- need to get the next level pig --- also that free pet only works til level 30

Telaran

Yes I agree they went overboard with the nerf to archers .... Trion please consider buffing them a bit again.

Soulwalker

Personally im not impressed the NERF for MM hit a little to hard >.<

+ no silence = FML against some classes

Soulwalker

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I'm able to down an equal level CLERIC in pvp.

Build is here: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MNfc..gh00V0V.ih00M

Very simple, Use motifs, send pet, spam quick shot and barbed shot, finish with rapid fire shot or with hasted shot, always use hit and run.

Keyword: MOBILITY. You can't just stand there and shoot, you have to move around, use the environment, and not worry about distance so much, but rather quick movement and always face the enemy. MM is fine, just learn to play it properly.

Voy
    Soulwalker

I'm not entirely certain why you're having difficulty. I've got a MM/Ranger at 18, not far below where you say you are, and she tears the crap out of pretty much anything in her way.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Voy View Post
    I'm not entirely certain why you're having difficulty. I've got a MM/Ranger at 18, not far below where you say you are, and she tears the crap out of pretty much anything in her way.
    I have little difficult with my Ranger/Bard/Sab build for leveling (Lvl23), I can keep the pig healed and he can taker care of multiple mobs. In beta 6&7 I had MM/Sin/Sab build for PvP but the MM balancing made the MM soul very week and completely lacking in burst damage and impossible to kill anybody so I changed to a Sab/NB build which kills people fairly quick but just sin't as much fun as MM used to be.

Oh, and as the other guy said... pig=tank, wolf=dps...

I'm a ranger/bard/riftstalker and I struggle in pvp, even when on the move! Anything I throw at any other class just lacks in damage and my pet barely makes any damage at all. I'm level 35 but i'm hoping it gets better. I have no problem in pve whatsoever, can take on two to three monsters at a time.
    I should add that I am fully runecrafted out also and have good armour and weapons. I'm hoping at 50 I get a bit more versatility to be able to kite, heal and damage. It might help when I can swap out my pig for my wolf when someone gets the jump, on the fly.
    Last edited by Shazzy; 03-02-2011 at 02:21 AM.
    MUNCHY

Plane Walker

wolf isn't dps, actually does less than the pig. wolf is only useful for the heal debuff in pvp, too bad it dies in one hit.
    Last edited by zeroburrito; 03-02-2011 at 02:28 AM.

sei
    Soulwalker

Unfortunately it dosen't get better. My lvl 50 does less damage than my lvl 42 did in beta

Default archers

well for me personally it just means one archetype I wont be playing anymore, I dont enjoy not being able to pull the dps necessary if you compare the dps of an archer to any other dps your gonna find why your getting kicked from groups, btw ive seen several posts of that happening right on the forums lol and not posted by the archer but rather posted by those that did the kicking.

I got 3 souls left cleric warrior and mage, once those are gone /shrug guess ill start on mage today lol

Rift Disciple

Talking

I really think you must be doing something wrong. Although some damage was adjusted it wasn't crippling.

Are you using upgraded spells, and what pet are you using that dies so fast? You might want to check its level the next time you cast it.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Katnip View Post
    well for me personally it just means one archetype I wont be playing anymore, I dont enjoy not being able to pull the dps necessary if you compare the dps of an archer to any other dps your gonna find why your getting kicked from groups, btw ive seen several posts of that happening right on the forums lol and not posted by the archer but rather posted by those that did the kicking.

I got 3 souls left cleric warrior and mage, once those are gone /shrug guess ill start on mage today lol
    I noticed the massive diff to marksman ince beta too. My rogue is 26 and I have respecced him SIX times now out of MM to try and find a good leveling build for him. MM used to be a lot of fun and was effective and I NEVER felt he was OP. Sure his DPS was good, but not over the top good. Trying to kill mobs with him now feels like a chore. My last respec I went full Ranger with a bit of marksman to see how the AE Taunting piggy does. Not had a chance to test it though yet.
    Bloodiron EU PvP
    ==========
    Kink - 50 Warrior
    Gg - 3X Rogue
    Duke - Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast