+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The supernatural flying under the world powers of the Riftstalker...

Soulwalker

Default The supernatural flying under the world powers of the Riftstalker...

First, let me say that the Rift Barrier tank spec is just about the most fun I've ever had tanking in an MMO. It is fast paced, feels powerful and give a lot of flexibility.

That said, it is almost USELESS if I can't trust it to not drop me through the world while I'm tanking a boss in a dungeon. It causes a wipe and wastes mine and my entire party's time. I've been keeping a tally of how many times it has happened in the past 2 days and its up to around 25 times. I don't how you can launch with a class that is this broken. It is the kind of bug that makes this spec (which is my favorite spec) unplayable and a liability in groups.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX IT!!!

agreed, happened to me once yesterday and i was scared to port into grab trash after that (happened in FC right at the start of the dungeon where you veer right)

didnt happen during any boss fights thankfully...

ALSO PLEASE ADD A HEALER TO THE BEGINNING OF EVERY DUNGEON ktnxbai!

Quote Originally Posted by adegen View Post
    First, let me say that the Rift Barrier tank spec is just about the most fun I've ever had tanking in an MMO. It is fast paced, feels powerful and give a lot of flexibility.

That said, it is almost USELESS if I can't trust it to not drop me through the world while I'm tanking a boss in a dungeon. It causes a wipe and wastes mine and my entire party's time. I've been keeping a tally of how many times it has happened in the past 2 days and its up to around 25 times. I don't how you can launch with a class that is this broken. It is the kind of bug that makes this spec (which is my favorite spec) unplayable and a liability in groups.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX IT!!!
    Thankfully this has never happened to me in a dungeon. But outside, a lot of times.
    Im sure this is a top priority, and will prolly be patched soon

Shadowlander

hasnt happened often to me, but i have noticed that 9/10 times it occurs when you end on a slope. my guess is that the game sets your landing, and if enough is under the ground instead of on top of it, you appear under the ground and begin your fall to the closest respawn point.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sogrin View Post
    hasnt happened often to me, but i have noticed that 9/10 times it occurs when you end on a slope. my guess is that the game sets your landing, and if enough is under the ground instead of on top of it, you appear under the ground and begin your fall to the closest respawn point.
    Also worth noting, bridges, DO NOT shift on bridges, especially in DM, you will take the fast way down.

Shadowlander

This happens to me a lot in warfronts, and one time in the Codex I shadow shift right into a hill and can't get out no matter what kind of shift I tried.. sent a ticket and guessing they are working on it.
    小五

yeah, awesome class but it happens to my husband all the time when he's tanking outside during quests. It's a little annoying, but I'm hoping for a fix soon.

Rift Disciple

Getting a bit annoying now. Tonight i ended up 12 times at a GY spawnpoint by falling trough the world after using shadow assault or shadow stalk.

I hope they fix it with the out of stealth after shift

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rootz View Post
    Getting a bit annoying now. Tonight i ended up 12 times at a GY spawnpoint by falling trough the world after using shadow assault or shadow stalk.

I hope they fix it with the out of stealth after shift
    Yeah this really sucks when you have fought your way past scores of mobs to get to a specific area. Maybe instead of porting us back to the GY they can just have us port back to the location we were standing in before we shifted? Its not a fix but honestly would be better than what we are currently living with.

Telaran

The planeshift with the bound return spot. Get to it and learn to love it until they fix the issue.

If it's not on CD you can return while falling if you're fast.

+1 for the slope thing. I've noticed it happens far more often on hills and stairs.

Was thrown out of a Codex we were 125 points from winning and way ahead in. I swore so badly in guildchat they asked me to stop.
    "The promise of a friend is to stand by you when you're wrong. When you're right practically anyone will stand by you."

I've completely stopped using my riftstalker tank spec until this is fixed. I've wiped two groups simply by ending up under the floor after plane shifting.

I've logged it as a bug and contacted a GM.

Until it's addressed, either don't plane shift at all or don't play the class.

Rift n. r-ift (pl. rifts) A 'rift' is what opens up between you and your wife when the game is live.

PC Black :: CPU Yes :: GPU Two thingies :: SOUND Pretty good :: OVERCLOCK A nice mirror :: WINDOWS 14, all double glazed

Telaran

Finally some other guys find annoying that bug!
    I posted 2 times since Beta 7 about this problem, but usually the answers was "i don't experieced anything like that".
    I think the abg came from some work about our shifting abilities: in the early days of beta testing shifting usually simply don't work because of terrain edges or differences in height.
    The last betas the abilities improved greatly and now they are gorgeous..BUT there is that LITTLE problem of the endless fall throught the textures!
    Lately the problem happen rarely to me, may be because I become carefull where and when to use Shfiting abilies!
    One time in Black Garden I was enclosed INSIDE the big tree close to Guardian respawning point, untill i found a point where the texture where.."softer" and I finally can saw outside the three, select a target and shadow assaoulting him!
    Another time I fell throught the textures while in Warfront and I respawned in freemarch..while I was in the 30+ lvl area!
    Definitely need a fix!

Telaran

Having played through all the betas absolutely loving the game, I now get to the head start and can barely believe that this bug is live. As other posters have noted, Riftstalker is fundamentally broken as the defining skills simply cannot be trusted. To say I am disappointed is really an understatement, it is simply unacceptable to release a soul like this. We don't know if the devs are trying to fix it, I've not seen an acknowledgment that it is even an issue.

+ Reply to Thread