+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Rogue PvP Build Help

Default Best Rogue PvP Build Help

I have been using ranger, marks, nightblade for PVE. It actually works pretty well.
    Ranger - pet used for tanking
    Marks - Good DPS
    Nightblade - When mobs get to close.

However, I want to get into PVP a lot more and i have been looking around for which souls work best. I need some help.
    I've heard Sin/Rift.s/Blade.d are good ones to use but I dont know..

I duelled a sin, same level as myself and got owned in seconds.. I hardly got a move in. Any ideas what he might have been using. I want to defeat my friend who is a warrior using champion, paragon & riftblade :P

Help Please.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Synatics View Post
    I want to defeat my friend who is a warrior using champion, paragon & riftblade :P
    Reroll a cleric.

Your build is mainly ranged DPS, while assassins excel at close range. That's your main problem.

Secondly, pets aren't THAT useful in PvP, with some exceptions. Thirdly, each calling has a "PvP soul" you can buy for 1.75K Favor, I think, not sure on the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    If I'm gonna pay someone to express contempt for me, it's gonna be a hot chick in leather.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Mercykiller101 View Post
    Your build is mainly ranged DPS, while assassins excel at close range. That's your main problem.

Secondly, pets aren't THAT useful in PvP, with some exceptions. Thirdly, each calling has a "PvP soul" you can buy for 1.75K Favor, I think, not sure on the price.
    2.5k Favor

Quote Originally Posted by sano View Post
    Reroll a cleric.
    So your saying that I won't be able to beat the warrior with champ/para/rift whatever I do?

I've bought a new role and I just want to know what are the best PVP souls to put in it for rogue basically..

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Synatics View Post
    So your saying that I won't be able to beat the warrior with champ/para/rift whatever I do?

I've bought a new role and I just want to know what are the best PVP souls to put in it for rogue basically..
    "best" is a relative term..... and there's too much tweaking between now and the majority of people hitting 50 to really worry all that much about it now.

Ascendant

I would stop worrying about duels and worry about winning group situations. The only way to balance for duels is to have 1 class in the game.

If you wanted to be really effective, you would go Sab/Bard. IMHO Bards are incredibly powerful healers as they never have to worry about mana drain or running out of mana. Sab because you can casually dot things up and then pop them. Been on the recieving end and it is painful.

If you want to wind duels, roll an assassin/bard. Permastealth and stunlock ftw. You can basically stunlock people and they can not fight back. A bit of healing for good measure.

Okay, Cheers

I think I will give Sin/Bard a go.
    Apparently Sab is great but only at a relatively low level.

Anyone else got any builds they can share?

+ Reply to Thread