+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Macro annoyance

Soulwalker

Default Macro annoyance

So I am currently using a basic 1 button dps macro on my Bladedancer10/Riftstalker13/Nighltblade0 for damage after i get my phantom blows and agro up

cast Reprisal
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Fiery Spike

It works great at allowing me to do max damage even if a target moves in and out of range but theres one annoyance

The top of my screen is allways stacked with red letters saying "you cannot cast that skill yet" and other error messages for the skills that get skipped to keen strike

Is there any way i can edit the macro or game display setting to get rid of this eyesore?

Shadowlander

great question...I avidly await an answer!

Rift Chaser

I've brought it up in at least half the betas with no response.

Soulwalker

Another thing I've found annoying (or maybe I'm just doing it wrong) is the fact that I can't seem to use the macro untill the global cooldown is up.

Normally I could hit an ability and just before the GCD is up I could hit the ability again and it would sort of queue up that ability and it would activate as soon as the GCD was over. but with a macro it won't queue it up.

Using it for my assassin macro atm:

cast Backstab
    cast Rupture
    cast Savage Strike

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFisher View Post
    Another thing I've found annoying (or maybe I'm just doing it wrong) is the fact that I can't seem to use the macro untill the global cooldown is up.

Normally I could hit an ability and just before the GCD is up I could hit the ability again and it would sort of queue up that ability and it would activate as soon as the GCD was over. but with a macro it won't queue it up.

Using it for my assassin macro atm:

cast Backstab
    cast Rupture
    cast Savage Strike
    Not quite sure what ur saying the problem is becuase i dont have much trouble with global cooldown stopping me from doing that split second before its up que...it might just be a bad case of lag and whatnot but I am not the best person to ask since my macro is set so that i can slam my face into teh keyboard and get max dps....i never really stop hitting it unless im useing planar strike or phantom blow (or a finisher of course)

Plane Touched

Answer is no. Haven't found a way to disable that red text. Its ok though I'm quite used to it now.

You do realize that disabling it will also get rid of "Target is too far" messages.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by yyiri View Post
    Answer is no. Haven't found a way to disable that red text. Its ok though I'm quite used to it now.

You do realize that disabling it will also get rid of "Target is too far" messages.
    I can live with that its not exactly that hard to figure out if ur out of range u can just notices of the key is red or just put 2 and 2 together that ur not closes enough and thats why ur not throwing a fireball even though ur pressing ur attack key

Though that is kinda why I hope thers a way to do it just for the macro so that it doesnt disable every usefull red text notice

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFisher View Post

Just a thought, but you have adjusted your skill queue settings in the options? If not, look into it.
    Phillip Ian - Professional Good Guy

Molinar: Poutine (Rogue)

Soulwalker

Default Justice bump

Is there really no info on this?

Soulwalker

I'm confused, whenever I try macros it says I can only use 1 ability per macro

Quote Originally Posted by Brutalisks View Post
    I'm confused, whenever I try macros it says I can only use 1 ability per macro
    You can't macro abilities without cool downs or a prerequisite.
    But if you take an abilities that

Can only be used after a dodge
    Have a 10 sec cooldown
    Can only be used in a certain range

You can macro them together
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Rift Chaser

It also seems that i can't use a macro on my targets target. Hitting it the first time just changes my target to the mob.

Soulwalker

Strange does noone really have any info on this?

Guess we might as well make this the official macro whining and help thread
    Last edited by SolidOni; 03-02-2011 at 05:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread