+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to take for the other roles of a 51-point Saboteur?

Soulwalker

Default What to take for the other roles of a 51-point Saboteur?

For my first guy, I want to keep it simple. I'll start with a 51-point bomber.
    The question is what else to take:

1) 5 points in Assassin & 10 points in Nightblade
    gives +5% crit, +15% damage on everything except bombs, low-term stealth

2) 15 points in ?, 0 points in ranger for the pet to make it easy to level until 30
    free pet

3) bard?
    people love them. I can't understand this soul at all.

I'd use this roll mostly for leveling, and a little PvPing in the warfronts (in a PvE server) when bored.

Soulwalker

144 views, and not 1 comment?

I am 11 at this moment. It feels OK so far. I can handle any mob my own level, it is scary with 2, and I always die to 3. I also feel kind of selfish in warfronts. I have nothing to contribute to the group except for dps. (No buffs, healing, weak cc)

Soulwalker

I'm lvl31 rogue and only playing sab for pve instances, even if I do for pvp once in a while when we're not short on support/heal (very rare though) else I play bard for leveling/pvp.

Here's the build I plan to use at lvl50 : http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dtkkRz.V0h.0VM

8 points in NB mainly for Lost Hope, that cc is just too good and with it comes a small damage boost.
    The 3 points in Coup de Grace are a preference choice, if you feel Unstable State is better, go for it.

7 in SIN for pure damage boost.

As for pvp, you're a damage dealer so you're not supposed to do anything else, especially at low lvl when you better focus on 1 soul.

If you want to contribute to your team :
    #1 your team is low on heal/support : switch to bard

#2 opposite team has the fang : target the fang carrier and adhesive bomb him while stacking blast charges on him but don't detonate asap, wait for your team to lower his/her health to ~50% and then finish him.

#3 your team has the fang : adhesive bomb the chasers, try to stack charges on mages/rogues, they have more chance to die than warriors or clerics.

I don't see bard as a good 2nd/3rd soul for any other soul than RS, you don't get much out of it unless you put a lots of points in the tree.

As I said I can't comment on sab lvling as bard is such easymode (went bladedancer from 1 to 28 then got bored of "needing a brain") and can survive 4-5 mobs at once.

Cheers !

Quote Originally Posted by Dispator View Post
    For my first guy, I want to keep it simple. I'll start with a 51-point bomber.
    The question is what else to take:

1) 5 points in Assassin & 10 points in Nightblade
    gives +5% crit, +15% damage on everything except bombs, low-term stealth

2) 15 points in ?, 0 points in ranger for the pet to make it easy to level until 30
    free pet

3) bard?
    people love them. I can't understand this soul at all.

I'd use this roll mostly for leveling, and a little PvPing in the warfronts (in a PvE server) when bored.
    Best thing I could put together with 51 into sabo. This I think is what you were talking about in your first point and is probably the most viable thing as far as I'm concerned.

I wouldn't actually recommend doing 51 points into sabo because you are losing out on some damage but if that is the way you are going than this would suit you.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...qRfEdtkkRz.V0h
    Last edited by Shadowvail; 03-02-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Evil thoughts can't hide. I'll help release the mind. I'll peel away the skin. Release the dark within.

Soulwalker

Oh yeah, if you stick to sab for lvling, for your 3rd soul with 0 points, pick bladedancer and you'll get a 50% evasion buff for 15sec every 2mins or RS and you'll get a warp every 45secs, both are handy in difficult situations : adhesive bomb + either of those 2 abilities should let you escape.

Soulwalker

Really, if you put 51 points into anything, much less Sab, you aren't gonna get much that is worth writing home about. Really though, NB 10 points for the finsihers, and SIN for the crit looks like the best. Without more points, its hard to find a complimentary soul to Sab. So go for passives for more dmg, or survivability. You already have enough actives, also Twlight Force might be a quick snare ability until your CDs for Sab snares are up.

i think 10 into nightblade and 5 into riftstalker for the 15% attack power is better then 5% crit.

plus sabo skills<charges and detonate mainly> dont really gain alot from other souls since those skills dont count as weapon attacks<poisons and other weapon buffs dont trigger and i wouldnt think any other talents that focus on "weapons" would work either>

grabbing ranger for the pet isnt too bad of a idea but for PVE the pet isnt that nessasary with the no threat talent on setups and is kinda a hassel in PVP due to resummoning when the game doesnt give it back and doesnt do much damage while prone to disappearing when youd need it.

besides i really like the teleport from riftstalker, it goes well with the stealth from nightblade.

Rift Chaser

the best souls for a sab are in this order: assassin,nightblade,riftstalker.
    its a matter of opinion, but rapid setup doesn't justify 51 points. with 30 points in sab you pretty much maxed your charges damage and can use A bomb to detonate them.
    assassin soul got lots of goodies for sab for only 21 points: perm stealth, +30% faster and more indetectable, +5% constant crit, +20% crit damage (must for big burst) etc.
    nightblade 14 points is enough to get what matters for a sab: +15% charges damage, +15% finisher damage, ranged finisher to use after A bomb (thrust flame), lost hope, dark malady, ebon terror.
    riftstalker brings guardian phase and rift guard finisher after A bomb. it's perfect for pve.
    and 15% AP < 5% crit. fyi 1 ap = 0.1 dps and is directly tied to the damage of your weapons.
    the main source of a sab damage is charges. making charge damage crit as often as you can is where lies the cool factor for a sab :>
    Last edited by bantapoo; 03-03-2011 at 12:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread