+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saboteurs Are OP? Please Elaborate.

Soulwalker

Default Saboteurs Are OP? Please Elaborate.

Please elaborate. I'm currently level 18, and whenever I play Warfronts using my role that's focused on the saboteur soul, I can barely get any kills using the so called "over-powered" charges, and whenever I do damage, they usually get their health back from healers. All my armor is close to my level and gives +dex, and I have focused my points on the passive skills that provides the better for the charges.

I always get ambushed by fast little rogues stunning me and taking down half my health before I even get a chance to click on them. Mages slow me down and take me out easily, and I feel VERY weak.

When I play my marksman role however, getting kills is not a problem at all.

Please tell me, why do most people complain about the saboteurs being far to powerful? After my experiences with it, they are just frustrating and hard to play compared to other souls like the marksman.
    Pre-ordered: RIFT Digital Collector's Edition
    6 Month Subscription

Rift Disciple

People say its OP because its one ability hits so hard....but thats its only source of damage so honestly its not OP people will QQ no matter what though so.

NO! Bad! *whacks with newspaper* Post in existing threads. *shakes newspaper at* We don't need more sab threads -_-

Plane Touched

Because the right setups do 80-100% of your health at once, have around the same overall dps as everything else, and the class has plenty of CC, though nobody ever uses it, because theyre too busy applying more charges.

It has its issues.

And what shattered said, theres already plenty of aggravated discussion.
    Last edited by kungfuchknoodle; 03-01-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuchknoodle View Post
    Because the right setups do 80-100% of your health at once, have around the same overall dps as everything else
    This isn't true though.

This is a lie that has become popular.

There are two ways to play a Sab:

1) The "OMGWTF!" way, which upsets people so much. You have to time your abilities very carefully, and combine several abilities (not just 5-charge detonate) to get a near-one-shot. THIS REDUCES YOUR SUSTAINED DPS MASSIVELY. Because you are waiting, not just using abilities on cooldown, your sustained DPS IS REDUCED. So, no you are not doing normal sustained DPS whilst doing this.

2) The "lolboom!" way, where you just keep chucking charges and detonating them either when they'll kill someone or when you reach 5 charged and just keep doing it as fast as you can all the time.

If you do this, you will NEVER do 80%+ of anyone's health. You might do 60-70% on someone significantly lower level on a good crit.

But with this method you DO get to keep up the sustained DPS/pressure that other classes have.

So you are picking either sustained DPS OR massive spike DPS. You are simply not doing both at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    1) The "OMGWTF!" way, which upsets people so much. You have to time your abilities very carefully, and combine several abilities (not just 5-charge detonate) to get a near-one-shot. THIS REDUCES YOUR SUSTAINED DPS MASSIVELY. Because you are waiting, not just using abilities on cooldown, your sustained DPS IS REDUCED. So, no you are not doing normal sustained DPS whilst doing this.
    Except nobody cares about sustained dps in PvP. This isnt for carebear, scripted PvE that allows you to stand in one place spamming attacks over and over. No one should get that much spike damage. The only way to counter that is spamming cleanse over and over, which effectively takes the healer out of the fight. OR healers need matching spike heals, which will result in infinitely more wide rivers of QQ.

Sabs basically have a broken mechanic that some Trion developer thought would be cute and different. He missed the important fact though... that its broken.

Quote Originally Posted by gluon View Post
    Except nobody cares about sustained dps in PvP. This isnt for carebear, scripted PvE that allows you to stand in one place spamming attacks over and over. No one should get that much spike damage. The only way to counter that is spamming cleanse over and over, which effectively takes the healer out of the fight. OR healers need matching spike heals, which will result in infinitely more wide rivers of QQ.

Sabs basically have a broken mechanic that some Trion developer thought would be cute and different. He missed the important fact though... that its broken.
    http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/w...ote/U_Mad2.jpg
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

Rift Disciple

as arguably the best sab in the world you have to play like an elite sniper, biding you time and waiting for the right time for your teammates to jump into the fray, you hang back - load up your charges and then BOOM HEADSHOT

with enough skill you can "one-shot" just about any rogue or mage. I'm 39 atm, and just about take massive poops on everyone in my bracket.
    Last edited by Vertis; 03-01-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Soulwalker

Wait, your stacking 5 charges on a player and your not wrecking them? Hey look someone who actually rolled the flavor of the month and it doesn't taste the way everyones claiming? I am shocked... time to go back to what you were playing before you read one of the 101 Oh Em Gee! I got 1 shotted by a Sab threads?

Go watch the 111112 video again, look at the hit points of the players, look how hard his detonates are hitting. You'll notice hes stacking 5 charges and doing 1/4 warriors life, 1/3 casters life all while taking 6 seconds to setup each detonate.

Sab's are great at getting killing blows, do KB's contribute to your teams score? No...
    Sab's are great at crowd control...
    Sab's die real damn fast...

Easily cured, now that people are aware of how the class works people are actually using their counters... most of the QQ threads have died out, the ones that are still being posted are by people who don't understand whats happening to them. The 10-19 War Front is 95% of the over powered posters and it's simply ignorance.

I have a sab class as one of my three roles and it's absolutely ridiculous in warfronts but its also pretty much useless in open pvp.

To the guy saying you never take 80% of someone's health, at level 29 my sab sab was doing around 2k damage on average after the DOTs from shrapnel and spike charges finished, more than I had total health. I had the damage to one shot myself.
    Last edited by JerkSauce; 03-01-2011 at 03:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread