+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sab is a counter to Main tank style healing, and people are butthurt over it

Rift Chaser

Default Sab is a counter to Main tank style healing, and people are butthurt over it

Hi there, need to drop some more common sense since I've seen a -ton- if inexperienced players, trolls, and idiots *****ing about Sab.

Don't have the time or patience to make this post as elegant as my last, so here's the short and sweet;
    Sab's burst damage is designed to counter the highly mana and time efficient long casting time heals that generally characterize the "main tank" style healing of MMO's. Those Long (2-3 second) heals that restore tons of health, and are incredibly mana and time efficient? That's what sab stops. No more waiting til your heal target drops to 50%, starting your heal, then taking him from 20% (he's been taking damage, yeah?) to 80% in one gigantic heal. Nope, Detonate at 25%, and he's down. If my burst didn't drop the target, then I've DPS'd just like every other class in the game does; X Damage over Y time. No, you didn't see their health drop while I applied the charges, but you can see the charges accumulating, so do something about other than complain.

If you see little yellow stars flying around, keep your important heal targets around 50-65% health with small quick heals, you have plenty of them - I know, your numbers aren't as big and you go OOM faster, but guess what, that's how the game works. You've met a class designed to counter a portion of your classes functionality. You've got plenty of options to counter it (Cleanse charges, keep your targets health high, hots, shields, hell, DPS/CC the damn Sab).

Learn them. Apply them. Most of all, stop *****ing and Learn To Play.

Soulwalker

Pretty much how I saw the Sab. No idea how someone couldn't see them that way.

I'm really getting sick of the continual QQ about "my class doesn't do this". If it doesn't do what you want, then it's the wrong soul for you.

For me, Sabs are about patience and avoiding getting alphaed in pvp. Get your charges up, wait for the taget to get to the right %, then pop them like a balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    Get your charges up, wait for the taget to get to the right %, then pop them like a balloon.
    LOVE that remark.

roflol
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

That is a great way to look at it.

Commander of The Watch (http://thewatch.enjin.com)
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness". Terry Pratchett

I completely an utterly agree with you.

I will give you a great example of this in Black Garden. This is exactly what I do and I see it as my sole purpose in this warfront.

If the other faction has the fang, I stealth and sneak around to get in range of the fang holder. When his HP fluctuating like a **** stars *****le I apply all of my charges. If his HP is getting healed by allies I wait until that tick of damage starts dropping the health again and BOOM I detonate all my charges and that guy is a pile of mangled dog food before his friends could heal him again.

We have a very specific place in this game. We are definitely a situational class. PvP might be our situation. I remember reading and watching video guides about this class. All of them were saying that this class is not a viable pvp soul. I couldn't disagree more.

I will say it again. We are a situational class... SITUATIONAL.

Evil thoughts can't hide. I'll help release the mind. I'll peel away the skin. Release the dark within.

Ascendant

I disagree. I think cleanse is very efficient and later-tier options of group cleanses and even auto-group cleanses make your arguments silly.

The problem is most healers are BAD. Group with good healers and you won't have a problem.
    Last edited by ururu; 03-01-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    I disagree. I think cleanse is very efficient and later-tier options of group cleanses and even auto-group cleanses make your arguments silly.

The problem is most healers are BAD. Group with good healers and you won't have a problem.
    That's kind of my point. Its not that Sab is OP, its that its a different experience, one most people aren't used to fighting against. As soon as people realize Sab is counterable, and not the end all be all PvP class, it'll be just like every other DPS; Brutal if you just ignore them, manageable if you're reacting to what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post

When were we talking about end game?

Evil thoughts can't hide. I'll help release the mind. I'll peel away the skin. Release the dark within.

Rift Disciple

I got 4k crit'ed in Black Garden by a sabo(40-49).
    I couldnt even get up to him before he blew me up.. and I have charge.
    Burst dmg or OP? hmm
    Nerf imo

Plane Touched

People who try to say that sabs do the same damage as other classes, only not over time, are idiots.

Damage over time gets healed, OVER TIME, by hots. Sab damage cannot be healed over time, it can only be dispelled. For sab damage to be balanced, there would need to be a comparative amount of dispels OVER TIME. To somewhat balance combo/ap/charge building ability damage healers use less gcds through the way of hots. They cannot do that with sabs - if you want to pre-emptively heal that damage, you have to use 1 gcd for every single charge laid.

The sab model of damage is not balanced when compared with the toolkit available to combat it. Passive healing, of which there is a stunningly large amount in this game, can alleviate the damage incoming from every single class except sab. That is the problem.

Keep your targets at high health is what EVERY SINGLE HEALER will do. It doesn't help when the sab bursts 80% of a person's life.

The OP may be correct, but that doesn't prove that it isn't overpowered in the circumstances it is in. It may be a counter to the current healing method, but unless there is a counter to it, which there isn't, it is overpowered.
    Last edited by Something; 03-01-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by cygnarite View Post
    Hi there, need to drop some more common sense since I've seen a -ton- if inexperienced players, trolls, and idiots *****ing about Sab.

Don't have the time or patience to make this post as elegant as my last, so here's the short and sweet;
    Sab's burst damage is designed to counter the highly mana and time efficient long casting time heals that generally characterize the "main tank" style healing of MMO's. Those Long (2-3 second) heals that restore tons of health, and are incredibly mana and time efficient? That's what sab stops. No more waiting til your heal target drops to 50%, starting your heal, then taking him from 20% (he's been taking damage, yeah?) to 80% in one gigantic heal. Nope, Detonate at 25%, and he's down. If my burst didn't drop the target, then I've DPS'd just like every other class in the game does; X Damage over Y time. No, you didn't see their health drop while I applied the charges, but you can see the charges accumulating, so do something about other than complain.

If you see little yellow stars flying around, keep your important heal targets around 50-65% health with small quick heals, you have plenty of them - I know, your numbers aren't as big and you go OOM faster, but guess what, that's how the game works. You've met a class designed to counter a portion of your classes functionality. You've got plenty of options to counter it (Cleanse charges, keep your targets health high, hots, shields, hell, DPS/CC the damn Sab).

Learn them. Apply them. Most of all, stop *****ing and Learn To Play.
    thank you very much
    HYPERION529 DID THEY FIX THE SERVERS YET???

Quote Originally Posted by Nayobe View Post
    Burst dmg or OP? hmm
    Nerf imo
    Don't you DARE start swinging the 'n' word around already. Go back to playing WoW FFS and leave Rift alone.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nayobe View Post
    Burst dmg or OP? hmm
    Nerf imo
    pic or didnt happen my friend, i play a Sab currently lvl33... never crit that high, and yes maybe i just suck yes?
    HYPERION529 DID THEY FIX THE SERVERS YET???

Shadowlander

From what i have seen, i can usually kill other players with 2 bursts. that's 11 seconds it takes me to kill someone as Sabo. 10 - 19 bracket, i'm lv 19 wearing purple, and 4 blues.

I can usually kill someone in 8 seconds as marksman/ranger, 12 seconds as rift stalker/night blade.

From experience, i can say that sab is unique, but if healer can't even heal you back to full from 40% in 6 seconds until next burst.... they are doing something wrong.

Not to mention due to passive heals going on everywhere, at higher levels cleric can literally spam mass cleanse and shut us down. You people complain cleanse has global cool down of 1.5 seconds. guess what, for us to get five stack that's 15 seconds when being cleansed.

3 seconds to get 1 stack with cleanse. that's fifteen seconds when I'm doing no damage what so ever. If you can't kill a squishy sab with low HP no damage mitigation within that time period, your doing something wrong.

I die more often as sab then i do as mm/ranger. i also usually don't score as high as sab. Killing sab is easy, you just got to learn to play.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Something View Post
    unless there is a counter to it, which there isn't, it is overpowered.
    lol.. counter is kill them. Sabs are single target killers. They wear leather. Make them a priority target and shut them down. People here talk about sabs like they will solo a whole team and there is nothing to do about it. They are a sneaky, underhanded class but that is how they are designed.

Be on guard for them or go back to easy mode games. Trion tries something different and all I see is crying *****es who would rather beg for nerfs than adapt.

This is the disease WoW created when they started listening to all the scrubs who run to the forums to cry nerf every time they lose.

The game is barely out and even beta vets haven't had time to get pro yet but instead of learning to play it seems like some people would rather come cry on forums and offer advice for a game they still know little about. Seriously.. go play lvl 40 bg and come back to cry about the monster that is the Champ/Paragon.. I guarantee that one of those will anally violate you much more and faster than any sab...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast