+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any decent rogue leveling builds that are not rangers?

Shadowlander

Default Any decent rogue leveling builds that are not rangers?

I just made a rogue and after looking through these forums it seems most players want to play ranged. Anyone play a rogue like in wow where you stealth around and stab stuff? If so, could you link your spec that would work for leveling? I don't want to shoot arrows or guns.

You can go as Assassin or Nightblade/Blade Dancer/Riftstalker. Put enought points in Riftstalker to get the combo points to heal, Rift Scavanger, and the rest on the stealth soul.
    From the gargoyles to stonehenge I have always been here before
    From the sphynx to the pyramids Allowing my mind's call of no love
    To Lucifer's temples praising the devil right Incorporate more never stops his flow
    To the Devil's clock as it strikes midnight I have always been here before

Soulwalker

Default Rouge Assasin/Stelth Leveling spec

Link on my Sig to a guide check it out

Darkrose's Bladedancer leveling guide

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Coral Fang View Post
    You can go as Assassin or Nightblade/Blade Dancer/Riftstalker. Put enought points in Riftstalker to get the combo points to heal, Rift Scavanger, and the rest on the stealth soul.
    I prefer to just go all out nb and then buy tons of water.

Works well enough.

Shadowlander

Awesome, thanks alot

Telaran

Sab/NB/Bard is way faster leveling than Ranger or Marks. You kill mobs in 1 rotation without ever being hit and with Snare + Land Mines + Concussion Charge you can solo ANY elite melee mob that isn't immune to snare.

Shadowlander

There are many decent leveling builds, just depends on preference and willingness to buy water
    小五

I've been running an assassin spec as my solo build. AS/BD/NB. The lifetap poison about halfway through the root abilities is awesome, and there's enough in-combat and out-of-combat CC available to you to set your pulls up however you can best manage them. Bonus: you don't have to fight much more than you absolutely need to to get gather quests done, or harvest, or whatever with imp stealth. BD offers some okay AoE early/midway through to supplement your single target from AS. And NB... is NB. It's an amazing secondary or tertiary soul for any build because of the extra damage on combo points and finshers.

I soloed as my main NB spec for a while, and it works like a charm if you don't mind squatting to drink every third fight. Ranged incap means easier red light/green light with roamers and guards for getting quest updates, but the 30s stealth means you have to know your safe spots better, or be ready to fight. Also, no vanish.
    Roxina - 50 Kelari Mage - Wolfsbane

Not sure about lower levels, as I was having fun with a pig to tank for my assassin, but at 35 I finally gave up Porky and went with assassin and riftstalker, and completely mow down equal level mobs non stop (or sometimes I stop to re-stealth, but not exactly necessary).

In beta I had fun with a NB build, that could do good damage while closing and then finish off at melee, so not pure melee but much closer than just standing back and pewpewing.
    -According to a Facebook quiz, I'm a genius.

RIFT Guide Writer Kutsuu Isback's Avatar

Been trying out a full riftstalker + 12 bard 0BD build this evening and must say I'm amazed with how well it performs. Can kill nonstop, multiples, adds, you name it. The same elite that killed my NB/AS/RS build yesterday with 80% life left died to me with full life with this spec today. Good stuff!
    http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii144/sparks03max/kutsmuffinsig.png

assassin/riftstalker/bladedancer. nice melee dps rouge im working with. does nice damage on creatures and did great in Fae so far

+ Reply to Thread