+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new sab build for the lulz.

Soulwalker

Default new sab build for the lulz.

Ok, So basically i was messing around with the calc and this build looked funny so i figured wth, ill give it a go.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...cuo.VVMcE0000o

So this is the results it works, lol it works really good, so basically this is what I'm doing. I start off in guardian phase , and if im not really being focused, i quickly put 5 blast charges on my target, switch into stalker phase, plane shift , and detonate.

There is a few other things iv noticed with this build, when you put 5 charges on some 1 they gain a debuff called blast charge, and they gain 5 combo points right? well what happens when you use a finisher that isnt detonate ?

the combo points disappear , but the charges remain, now you cant actually use detonate yet cause it needs atleast 1 combo point to be active, so just toss another charge to add 1 point , then detonate and it is the same as a 5 charge blast , the detonate damage is a bit lower but the blast charge damage is the same , so still 1300-1600damage. So how is that useful? =)

cast 5 charges, rift guard,1 blast charge,stalker phase, plane shift(keep in mind the crit buff and damage reduction shield from the passive skills and 15% damage from stalker phase ) detonate back in guardian phase and haul ***.

or..

cast 5 charges, annihilate attack power +32 for 60 seconds that you can keep up 100% of the time.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...VVMcE00o0o.Vhx

this is what the finished product will look like.
    Last edited by socom; 03-01-2011 at 11:47 AM.

If you are charging combo points with your sab abilities then Blazing fury doesn't do anything as far as I have been told. This topic has been talked a lot by other players on the forum. I am just speaking through them because I have not actually tested this myself.

If this is true than you would be wasting your points in blazing fury.

If im wrong then that seems like a pretty viable spec. Especially with that little exploit you have found.

Evil thoughts can't hide. I'll help release the mind. I'll peel away the skin. Release the dark within.

I will correct myself here. I just found a post that states that it DOES actually work and will increase the damage of your charges.

Evil thoughts can't hide. I'll help release the mind. I'll peel away the skin. Release the dark within.

Plane Touched

Or, you could use a ranged offspec with a high damage finisher, and use finisher > charge > detonate for a full damage finisher and a full damage detonate within 3 seconds. Not sure why you'd use rift guard.

or use annihilation bomb to remove charges, spread to 2 nearby enemies, and then use you finisher (or just detonate anyways)?

Rift Chaser

In my opinion, a main sab (30+ points) with a riftstalker off soul that have only access to guardian phase and rift guard (18 points) don't do that good in pvp.
    the reason is simple: you won't be as tanky as a main riftstalker, and you won't survive 2v1. 1v1 in warfronts is VERY rare.
    a riftstalker offsoul got benefits for a saboteur in pve, where you'll be able to withstand the aggro you generate with your charge detonations. hence the usefulness of rift guard as a finisher after you detonate your blast/spike charges with A bomb.
    For pvp, there's only one way for a main sab: kill as many as and as fast as you can before getting killed.
    and in that perspective, a 31 sab/21 assasin/14 nightblade is better.
    After A bomb, you will use flame thrust, a 20m range finisher from nightblade tree.
    why 21 assassin? aside from the perma stealth, you get +5% crit, +20% crit dmg, and poison damage.
    no other soul benefit your saboteur burst damage as assassin.
    the 3rd soul nightblade is great but it can be debated that 12 points in infiltrator soul could be better.
    imho infiltrator soul produce better results in burst damage than nightblade, but you'll miss a ranged finisher to burn those cps after A bomb, and you'll miss a ranged incapacitate.

I actually have been using your charge stockpiling strategy for a while now. Well, back was I was primarily a Marksman, now I'm primarily sabo with none in marks.

The point is, I would sap the enemy(assassin soul) then throw five charges on them(which does not break the sap), then use a marksman finisher, then I could unload five damaging abilities and finish them off with detonate for massive burst.

Kinda fell off in damage once having no points in sabo tree caught up with me, but definitely a good strategy, very fun when dueling my buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by bantapoo View Post
    why 21 assassin? aside from the perma stealth, you get +5% crit, +20% crit dmg, and poison damage.
    no other soul benefit your saboteur burst damage as assassin.
    The build you're responding to gets 15% crit chance, 15% all damage and 15% attack power from the points in Riftstalker.

I'm still not getting how unstable state is worth 3 points. What damage is it boosting other than flame thrust?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Something View Post
    Or, you could use a ranged offspec with a high damage finisher, and use finisher > charge > detonate for a full damage finisher and a full damage detonate within 3 seconds. Not sure why you'd use rift guard.
    Or you can use a ranged finisher, then a ranged damaging CP generating skill and detonate. No reason to only use charges to build CPs are range when using a range DPS soul.

Regardless, I didnt realise so many people didnt know this that the OP felt he found out some new trick and others agree? I thought this was common knowledge, just as you can toss AE charges on 2 diff targets and Det one then the other 2 seconds later (Det second 5 charge stack, hit target last target macro, cast quickshot and then Det again).

These sort of "combos" are the main reason folks want the charge "stuck on you" time nerfed.
    Bloodiron EU PvP
    ==========
    Kink - 50 Warrior
    Gg - 3X Rogue
    Duke - Mage

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Stabsy View Post
    The build you're responding to gets 15% crit chance, 15% all damage and 15% attack power from the points in Riftstalker.
    To me, assassin is superior in burst potential than riftstalker.

riftstalker:
    15% damage
    15% crit chance for 10 secs after using plane shift
    15% AP which is really minor (1 ap = 0.1 dps)

vs

assasin:
    5% crit all the time
    +4% physical damage
    +10% dmg after a crit for 10 s
    +20% crit damage (the king of all passives for sabs)
    +15% poison damage (applies to charges damage)
    Last edited by bantapoo; 03-02-2011 at 04:46 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius1 View Post
    I'm still not getting how unstable state is worth 3 points. What damage is it boosting other than flame thrust?
    unstable state boost anything non physical.
    For a saboteur, its mostly useful if you stack non physical charges (ember).
    Personally I skip that skill, since my charges are physical only (4 blast,1 spike) to benefit from A bomb.
    I'd rather use fire and death attunement.
    The ideal is to have a nightblade tree with 12 points minimum, so you can also benefit from dark malady.
    rotation:
    - carpet bombing (next 3 a bombs don't have cd)
    - stealth
    - last hope (8 sec incapacitate)
    - plant 5 charges
    - dark malady (+20% damage for 8 secs)
    - A bomb
    - flame thrust to spend the cp

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius1 View Post
    Even if you use only physical charges (spike, blast) to benefit from A bomb, unstable state applies to non physical charges, bombs, nightblade skills such as flame thrust and dark malady (12 points in nb tree).
    take a look at this build:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...koMz.0VMfhcb0z
    preparation:
    - landmine a spot
    - activate carpet bombing (next 3 a bombs don't have cd)
    - stealth (permanent and +30% undetectable and faster thanks to assassin)

on target:
    - lost hope : 8 sec incapacitate
    - plant 5 charges : 4 blast, 1 spike. = 5 blast and 2 spikes with sab charge booster skill
    - dark malady : +20% damage for 8 secs)
    - 3x A bomb : detonate charges and affect 2 other ppl within 7m + stun all 3 ppl for 5 sec total (2+2+1 secs due to DR)
    - flame thrust: burn the 5 cp
    - make ur retreat toward your landmines :>
    Last edited by bantapoo; 03-02-2011 at 05:23 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by bantapoo View Post
    Even if you use only physical charges (spike, blast) to benefit from A bomb, unstable state applies to non physical charges, bombs, nightblade skills such as flame thrust and dark malady (12 points in nb tree).
    take a look at this build:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...koMz.0VMfhcb0z
    preparation:
    - landmine a spot
    - activate carpet bombing (next 3 a bombs don't have cd)
    - stealth (permanent and +30% undetectable and faster thanks to assassin)

on target:
    - lost hope : 8 sec incapacitate
    - plant 5 charges : 4 blast, 1 spike. = 5 blast and 2 spikes with sab charge booster skill
    - dark malady : +20% damage for 8 secs)
    - 3x A bomb : detonate charges and affect 2 other ppl within 7m + stun all 3 ppl for 5 sec total (2+2+1 secs due to DR)
    - flame thrust: burn the 5 cp
    - make ur retreat toward your landmines :>
    You seem to know a lot more about sabs than I do. I'm guessing this is more for open pvp when you get the drop on a lone person. In the BG's, you hardly ever find someone whos not in combat to put them into an Incapacitate state. Still, at 30, I'm about to a point where Im running into Guards around my quest area. I'm going to look into this.

Rift Chaser

nuki: it depends on the warfront. Take codex for example, lot of ppl run around capturing unguarded flags.
    plenty of opportunity to use lost hope.
    beside lost hope ain't the magical tool to insta kill ppl. in situation where your target is already in combat, just ebon terror him, plant charges and boom.
    little tip: land mines and booby trap at flags work wonder in codex :>

+ Reply to Thread