+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman Pure PvE Spec

Soulwalker

Default Marksman Pure PvE Spec

Hello,

For level 50 I figure that Marksman/Ranger/Nightblade will be the best spec for pure PvE. I'm not talking about soloing, just raids and instances.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...EhxoV0Ahz.V0xM

Ranger Tree:

- 18 points into Ranger for Opportunity which gives +1 combo point after using a finisher. This seems too good not to have. It will help me build up to 5-point finishers quicker. Since I have Coup De Grace from the Nightblade tree (15% more damage from finishers) my DPS will revolve around the 5-point finishers.

- Piercing Shot and Exposure: I'm not sure how good Armor Ignore is in this game. But these two talents combined with Penetrating Shots from MM tree should compliment each other nicely.

MM Tree:

- Every point I put into this tree is to increase my damage with the exception of On the Double, which I personally can't live without.

NB Tree:

- Again, everything point I put into this tree was to increase me damage.

Conclusion:

I feel like this is a solid PvE spec, but I could use some feedback in case I am over-looking something. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

so, when ur lvl 30 pet dies in 1/2 hits by a lvl 40+.. mob and you blow knock back, and use your ability to do range at melee.. as the mob beats on you... unless you kite it, your going to have way to much down time.. u need 24 pts in rng to get access to the greater pets, so it will level with you, else your pet is capped at lvl 30.. u will be a lvl 40 running around with a lvl 30 pet. ... do the math.. ;)

just my .02

MM damage even with NB and other boosts, is not what it was in B7, but alot of lvl 50 stuff is "guess work" anyway, since we dont have a ton of rogues at 50 yet to test out the build.

I just know. at 35 (my level), the MM is a wet noodle, plain and simple. other souls offer much more.

but, its all about play, if you can live at lvl 35 with that build fighting lvl 36-37 mobs, not just 1v1 but with a few. 3 max.. i would say, and after the fight, you can move on to the nxt fight with no down time, then.. yep, it works., but.. like i said, I just have not found that in my dealing with the MM after B7.

good luck.
    Last edited by Wigett; 03-01-2011 at 11:46 AM.
    Drive it like u stole it

Rift Master

Though I am not aware of penetration cap it must exist, sure you could test that.

Reduce damage taken by 6% in a soul not your main -to hit 51- is a waste for PvE.

Sabo 5/5 15% Dext would net you greater return over 15% damage increase on all abilities -gut feeling as Dex increases AtkPow+crit and probably buffs pet?

The 51 point talent is too good to pass up!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wigett View Post
    so, when ur lvl 30 pet dies in 1/2 hits by a lvl 40+.. mob and you blow knock back, and use your ability to do range at melee.. as the mob beats on you... unless you kite it, your going to have way to much down time.. u need 24 pts in rng to get access to the greater pets, so it will level with you, else your pet is capped at lvl 30.. u will be a lvl 40 running around with a lvl 30 pet. ... do the math.. ;)

just my .02

MM damage even with NB and other boosts, is not what it was in B7, but alot of lvl 50 stuff is "guess work" anyway, since we dont have a ton of rogues at 50 yet to test out the build.

I just know. at 35 (my level), the MM is a wet noodle, plain and simple. other souls offer much more.

but, its all about play, if you can live at lvl 35 with that build fighting lvl 36-37 mobs, not just 1v1 but with a few. 3 max.. i would say, and after the fight, you can move on to the nxt fight with no down time, then.. yep, it works., but.. like i said, I just have not found that in my dealing with the MM after B7.

good luck.
    Yeah, I'm aware that this build would be horrible for solo-ing. Like I said though, this build was made with the intention of doing only dungeons and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiono View Post
    Yeah, I'm aware that this build would be horrible for solo-ing. Like I said though, this build was made with the intention of doing only dungeons and raids.
    In that case, no pet is needed. i guess, the only issues is that I still see low numbers in 5 mans.

I used it just last nite. he hits really soft. all the shots.. i tried a build very very close to that..

I used something like this and got very nice damage. stuff went down really fast. im still tweaking it. but this is my current buid for groups with a tank. i still pull the dog out for dps, but in 35 dungeons, he misses alot..
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...x.VMcoux0o.V0x group build with a tank..
    Drive it like u stole it

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wigett View Post
    In that case, no pet is needed. i guess, the only issues is that I still see low numbers in 5 mans.

I used it just last nite. he hits really soft. all the shots.. i tried a build very very close to that..

I used something like this and got very nice damage. stuff went down really fast. im still tweaking it. but this is my current buid for groups with a tank. i still pull the dog out for dps, but in 35 dungeons, he misses alot..
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...x.VMcoux0o.V0x group build with a tank..
    Thanks for posting this. I made a build similar except I went with Marksman instead of Ranger. I really do not like pets, but if the Ranger out-DPS's the Marksman at 50 then I will consider switching to it.

New build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...GtkqdAhdR.V0xM

Soulwalker

Made a PvE Ranger build for level 50: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....VMcfueksk0z.V

throw out ranger, get assassin, do more dps.

In a group/raid style situation, never expect a pet to survive any length of time, unless its focused on, its gona go down, also they are a liability in situations where dps must be stopped, or where positioning is imperative.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...x0b.xhx0V0AhdR Pure DPS build, at level 50 for instance and raid based DPS, where heals are expected and all aggro is managed by tanks.

For a solo build its ranger/bard all the way, for pvp its far to much to discuss here, only end game numbers and experience can create those builds.
    If my guild tag is red to you, then your already dead...

Soulwalker

This is a new plan I've made:

Ranger/Marksman/Assassin
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0b.VMcfuMoc0Vz

I've been going for all the %damage increases, from assassin and ranger.
    Will rely on a mix of MM and Ranger abilities

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oVzAhdR.VV0V0o

MM/BD/NB

On the Double and Getaway is personal pref as is repelling shot to get my 38 point ability(Controlled Fire)

NB for the CP generator dmg increase and finisher increase, along with 5% more damage from hellfire blades

Blade Dancer for 5% hit, 50% auto attack damage, 15% more dex and a 30% phys damage increase cooldown Also get an interrupt and dexterity buff

You can switch out the Hellfire Blades for either Combat Effeciency or Combat Culmination also.

My 2 cents

Rift Disciple

Actually no, if you are looking for maximizing damage output in dungeons and raids then there are far too many talents you are wasting points in.

You don't need to get CC at all as most probably you will just stand there and dps. If you are required to CC or kite something then there is an entirely different build for this.

However for maximizing damage:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xhxoVzAh.V0xMh

(note On the Double is selected for pure survivability reasons)

Absolutely nothing can beat that, Doubleshot from Ranger is a massive boost to white damage.

Also Killing Focus & Fire and Death Attunement provide you with 7% extra damage to all your attacks. While if your melted skin procs off a Hellfire blade you will have 12% more damage.

Technically you are having 27% extra damage on Combo point generation abilities and finishers at almost all the time since Hellfire procs like mad.

+ Reply to Thread