+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can anyone help me making a melee rogue?

Soulwalker

Default Can anyone help me making a melee rogue?

Hello fellow Rift players! I just got the game today and I rolled a Mage that later became a Elementalist/Pyromancer/Stormcaller. I didn't like it very much, I never liked any caster in WoW except for the Priest so I am not really sure why I picked Mage...
    Anyways I decided to reroll as Rogue because I've heard alot of good stuff about them, but because of the wide customization variety, I am very confused. I just want a dual wielding dps without stealth or pet.
    Now if there doesn't exist a class like this, I can play ranged dps as well, just if he's not stealth and pet.

I hope you all understand this poor english from a young swedish-man Thank you!

Soulwalker

Nightblade/Assassin/Bladedancer
    or
    Nightblade/Assasin/Riftstalker

My current build... http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....0V0c.xcbV0cMM

But I encourage you to play around with your own build so that it is set up the way you like to play.

You should mess around with the builds and see what you like best....with that in mind I did recently make a post about a Bladedancer/Assassin/Night blade though, I've been testing it out and its a BLAST!!

Heres a link.

Have Fun

Soulwalker

Nightblade/Assassin/Bladedancer

Normally I'd suggest Ranger in place of BD because that pet will make your leveling process oh so much easier. But if you absolutely don't want a pet. That's gonna be one of the better melee specs out there.

Nightblade tears stuff up :x

This is what I had in beta

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0o.0ARft0bodzR

Worked out for me well. BD for gap closers, sprint, snare breaks, ranged interrupt, 30% dmg boost.

Sin for massive bleeds, perma stealth, two stuns, slip away, poisons, enduring brew, etc.

Last soul is open for experimentation. You have 13 points left over, I believe, so use them for infiltrator (to get cloudy poison - amazing thing), or nightblade for +15% damage, or ranger for ranged snare / finisher.

Shadowlander

one interesting and helpful thing i found during beta is the ability to purchase a second role. This takes the first three souls that you learned (i call this phase testing as the game is so new its all just playing with different souls and points) and do quests to pick up the other "souls". Once you get the quest for the soul you want to test next you can purchase a new role which gives you the ability to input those new souls as well as your old ones to create a completely new class or set of skills to use.

I know this might have been hard to understand but once you reach the main city and begin those quests you will see that you can learn more souls by doing this, just have to pay for a role to use them. Hope this helped a little.

Plane Touched

I do a lot of PVP so my builds are based around melee dps in that arena. You can tweak it to be more useful in PVE I'm sure.

I run Assassin/NightBlade/Ranger at 30 and I'll tell you why.
    Assassin = *
    NightBlade = 10
    Ranger = 0

Almost all of my points are Assassin and I have almost every talent maxed out except the stealth ones. Ten points of NightBlade gets me +15% damage to all combo point generating abilities and +15% damage to all finishers. Zero points into Ranger gets me a Pet (which is nice for leveling and an annoyance in PVP) and a free ranged combo ability and finisher.

The ranged combo point ability and finisher is important because people run away, a lot. This lets me continue killing them as they run away and get out of my range, and the 0 point ranger abilities have a farther range than the NB range attacks.

In the warfronts that I play I am almost always near the top of the damage meters, which is pretty solid for a melee DPS. The funny part is that my finishers are hitting for just about as hard as a comparable level Sab with 5 blast charges - but I am doing a ton of damage up until that finisher as well.

+ Reply to Thread