+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is blade finesse worth the 5 points?

Soulwalker

Default Is blade finesse worth the 5 points?

I noticed that auto attack damage in this game is very small and I was wondering if anyone noticed a huge difference between having blade finesse and not. I understand it will all add up DPS wise but I can find better ways to spend the 5 points.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAftermath View Post
    I noticed that auto attack damage in this game is very small and I was wondering if anyone noticed a huge difference between having blade finesse and not. I understand it will all add up DPS wise but I can find better ways to spend the 5 points.
    Auto attack damage in this game appears very small, but it isn't as small as you would think it is. As a Bladedancer/Assassin/Nightblade, I find that my auto attack is one of my top sources of damage, but that's with 5 points in blade finesse.

With 5 points, that's +50% auto attack damage! So a weapon that does 10-20 damage now does 15-30, which is quite the bump.

Soulwalker

Very good point. I am just debating to add the 5 points to blade finesse or Combat efficiency and then putting the other 3 points elsewhere.

Here is what I have on paper now:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o0dz.V.0VMsx0b

Shadowlander

Depending on the proportion of your damage from autoattack, it ranges from ok to pretty good. If your autoattack is 5% of your damage, the talent provides the same direct damage boost as the 1% crit talents. If your autoattack is 10%, you are in the range of the 1% damage talents. So while its not overwhelming, its not a bad talent. It may be signficantly weaker than the ranger equivalent though. The double shot talent seems better since the additional attack provides an additional chance of weapon enchant procs.

(1% crit increases your damage by 0.5%, 0.7% with the assassin talent. This percent increase diminishes slightly with increasing crit chance, for example going from 19% to 20% crit is a .46% increase, but crits can also trigger certain other abilities to balance this.)

Interesting. The skill says 'autoattacks' but does not specify melee or ranged. Would it also affect arrow autoattacks?

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyGB View Post
    Interesting. The skill says 'autoattacks' but does not specify melee or ranged. Would it also affect arrow autoattacks?
    Ya, I was just wondering if this stacked with Doubleshot

Unless it specifically states "melee" or ranged it applies to all. So in this case, yes it effects ranged attacks.

+ Reply to Thread