+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Monk

Soulwalker

Default Monk

I really hope I am not the only one who really wants to play a Monk type class in this game. Everquest 1 and 2 made them shine. They are unique classes that can tank, dps, and they look really cool as they go through their atk rotation. I am posting this under the rogue calling since normally, Monks do not wear platemail.
    So i can only hope later on in Rift they release the Monk soul.

Soulwalker

Requesting a priest class that does not molester things.

Quote Originally Posted by Korded View Post
    They are unique classes that can tank, dps, and they look really cool as they go through their atk rotation.
    You already have a chance to do this. The issue with the Monk wasn't that is was versatile, it was, but that it was so versatile that it became the goto class for everyone who wanted to be "pro". I am not suggesting this to be your motivation, but you can emulate the Monk idea rather well by going either Cleric and adding the appropriate souls for DPS and tanking, or by going Warrior and doing so. To suggest a combination of both archetypes into one soul would be counter to the whole "one soul, one job, three souls, three jobs" design philosophy.
    Please, for all that is worthy and the love of Odin, it's not "LUA" or "LuA", it's "Lua". Like the moon. In Portuguese.

Soulwalker

/agree with OP

There are at least 2 things missing class-wise:

1. Unarmed soul
    2. Shapeshifting soul

Soulwalker

the only way i can think of being a "Monk" in this game is by going.
    BladeDancer
    Nightblade

+ Reply to Thread