+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what class to choose as secondary to pair with Bard?

Soulwalker

Default what class to choose as secondary to pair with Bard?

so working on my third role and want it to be as Bard not sure what to choose for the combination.

my first role is NB/Rift/*** , second role is Ranger/Mark/Sabo

so third role i was thinking to fit the bard with blade dancer but not sure if thats a bad combo

Can anyone advise what is the best combo to mix with bard? I mainly want to use bard as support rather then damage.

Quote Originally Posted by kenjix217 View Post
    so working on my third role and want it to be as Bard not sure what to choose for the combination.

my first role is NB/Rift/*** , second role is Ranger/Mark/Sabo

so third role i was thinking to fit the bard with blade dancer but not sure if thats a bad combo

Can anyone advise what is the best combo to mix with bard? I mainly want to use bard as support rather then damage.
    For PVP or PVE? For PVP I like Sab for the snare and RG for the Blink.

depends on what you want to do with your bard

solo, group, pvp?

Ascendant

riftstalker for 20% armor and 15% endurance, and blink options.
    nightblade for 15% combo builder damage, 9% non-physical
    recommend saboteur for last slot (0 point aoe snare)
    Last edited by ururu; 03-01-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Soulwalker

wait wait...3 classes plus bard? we can have 4 now? most everybody agrees that for pvp, RG is probably the most suitable one. I differ in reasoning on it from these 2 though, instead of the endurance i go for the +30% healing on me.. 2 bards, maybe a healer.. you can take a pounding from a lot of people. didnt even think of nightstalker though, that might actually be a really good one with the reasons listed.

Going 8 points in Rifter helps Bard a bunch. 5 in Unseen Fury raises your attack power by 15% which increases your Bard's Cadence damage (which increases your healing from Cadence). 3 points in Boosted Recovery increases healing effects on you by 30%. Those 8 points also give you Guarded Steel (damage absorbsion that will keep you alive), an Endurance self buff, a Plane Shift (teleport) & Annihilate (also increases AP). Can't hardly beat it for 8 points. It goes good for group PvE (if you pull aggro you can easily survive till the tank gets aggro back), solo PvE (adds are no problem, the more the merrier) and in PvP gankers will find out you are not so squishy after all.

Soulwalker

Wouldnt let me edit so chain posting. just realized you meant either RS or NB not both.. and NB would actually be better for PvE in all honesty, more DPS and more DPS = more healing for the group with Cadence. +24% damage will equate to +24% more healing from that skill as well. Still viable in PvE as well because of the increased damage and healing though i must say that blink on RS as well as the either attack power or armor and the extra healing to you is quite attractive in a PvP setting.

Ascendant

just listing the options. if you don't have many points the 0 point saboteur is the best 0 point for any PVP soul rogue class.

for me if I'm healing on my bard its because there aren't enough other healers. might be worth picking 30% healing over 15% endurance. or both lol. (damn void rift combo eats us alive).

Shadowlander

I played 4 flavors of Rogues during beta since it is my favorite class I wanted to try several builds to save time during pre-release. I had found that Ranger went really well with Bard since soling the pig tanks really well and you can get Cadence to heal. That with your normal pet heal will keep it at or near 100% unless its multiple mobs or a nasty elite.

As far as the 3rd soul its hard to say, but depends on your choice of PvP or PvE.

In general Range builds made soloing tons easier in the early game and the DPS pet can help out when in groups.

Just my 2 copper.

I choose to go with the SAB (AOE Bombs) and Ranger (for the Pet no points in the class)

I originally went with this build for taking on rifts in a raid and support for dungeons. Although I am surprised at how effective it is as a support PVP build as well. Using the bombs and AOE charges in PvP while not as deadly as the 2 button combo is quite effective for stopping flag cappers and supporting my team as a whole. AOE slow and AOE damage and buffs for the whole team.
    Ralinblack - Faemist - Onineko - Assassin - LvL 50 - Rank 2
    Ralinsteel - Faemist - Onineko - Warrior - LvL 10 - Fear me!

Shield of Telara

If it's your third role and you want it to be a bard primary riftstalker is a very good secondary soul for it. What you discover when doing rifts is that tanks like to grab mobs and run them out of the range of your cadence. If you hit shadow shift, you will be positioned much closer to were they are at that point. You can adjust yourself on warfronts that way also.

Personally I'm using Brd/Sin/Rs

I get the sap from sin and the teleport from Rs.

It's mainly for group PvE. Makes Dungeons alot easier.

Telaran

For PVE play I have had great success using the Ranger pet as a meat shield.

Getting him out there and pulling aggro at first gives you time to sit back , evaluate the situation and then act.

You can build combos with Cadence and use your Codas , use your Motifs etc. The pet is really just a 1000+ hp shield for you, it doesn't do considerably damage. For leveling though, I have had the most success using that method.

Note that unless you go deep into the Ranger tree, your first pet stops leveling after level 30. But if you reach level 30, you should have additional souls and can decide to respec into something else now that you have most of your key Bard skills.

Soulwalker

thanks for all the replys helps alot.

I never play a bard before nor I will play a bard as a main role. my main focus role will probably be NB/rift for pvp and Ranger/marks for range.

as for bard i want to have a support role on my toon to do pve(dungeon runs) or pvp if my team needs.

i dont plan to use bard for solo quest or solo pvp in this case i want to best support role out of my bard...

sorry i didnt explain well in the above...

it seems we came down to 2 role of choose as above post mention ranger or riftstalker.
    now between these 2 which one would help me survive and make the best out of my bard to support the group?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast