+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Bard PvP Build

Soulwalker

Default My Bard PvP Build

So while waiting for the servers to come up I decided I would post my current build for discussion and feedback.

19/41/6 Marksman/Bard/Ranger

It's primarily designed around PvP, but so far it's been a good solo'ing build as well. I have a separate role for instances that I specced fully in to bard for.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....EIbqV0skq.V0o

My ideas behind this build:

Something with high burst damage (single target), decent survivability, and a few utilities to play with. I knew I wanted a bard primary build, due to the buffs, run speed, and heals.

I chose Marksman primarily for Deadeye (so far at lvl 24 I'm seeing strings of crits ranging from 500-700 dmg). Here's where I'm undecided:

On the Double - seems nice, but haven't tested it. Thoughts?
    Static Shot - a root never hurts.
    Master Archer? Penetrating Shots?

I have 2-6 remaining points that I'm undecided about. Feel free to offer up your thoughts.

I only chose ranger to synergize with Marksman, offering +5% crit, +ap buff, and a snare.

With this build I'm able to build combo points at an astonishing pace (with cadence/power chord and eventually riff), then rail my opponent with a deadeye shot doing anywhere from 350-700 dmg (which at lvl 24 is usually 1/4-1/2 an enemy's hp - I don't normally target warriors ).

Also with the snare from ranger, and the bleeds from Marks it'll help with runners.

Rift Disciple

Does deadeye shot get better later on because at 15 my coda does way more damage than my deadeye shot.

Soulwalker

At lvl 26 a 5 combo point deadeye tooltip says 272 dmg. After buffs I never see below 400, seen up to 700 crit.

Coda says 142.

Both are fully trained.

+ Reply to Thread