+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard: Is Street Performer Working?

Rift Chaser

Default Bard: Is Street Performer Working?

Street performer 5/5 says that it adds +30% to Anthems.

The buff on Anthem of Competance goes from +15% run speed to +20% in 5/5 Street Performer. As seen on the charactors buff icons.

The other Anthems show no increase.

Is it actually working on these other anthems or is it simply not updated when you look at the buff icon?

Is it intented to work with all Anthems like it says?

The one I use most is Anthem Of Fervor which reduces abilties cost by 10%.

So would it be -13% instead of -10% even though the buff shows -10 only??

Is Street performer working?!?
    Last edited by Beans; 03-01-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Telaran

30% of the default 15% is 4.5%

default 15% + 4.5% is 19.5% (round up to 20%)

Perhaps the tooltip should better describe the way the increase will be applied (so you can save those soul points for something else it you prefer).

Telaran

Ignore my post above, I missed your point <sincere apologies>.

Can't edit my post, hence this reply to my reply.

Rift Chaser

Thats fine I've posted in error before too.

Yeah I know its 19.5 but shows up as 20

Thing is the other Anthems I care about as well.

I was assuming street performer helped ALL anthems and can't prove that it does... So does anyoone out there know for a fact that it works?

Anthem of Fervor is the one I care about most.

It would be great to find out.

In my brief time with Bard I noticed that it did increase the Armor Class Anthem... the castle one? I forget the name.

Shadowlander

edit: poor reading comprehension on my part.
    Last edited by Mortis Rex; 03-01-2011 at 02:32 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by mambome View Post
    In my brief time with Bard I noticed that it did increase the Armor Class Anthem... the castle one? I forget the name.
    Thats great to know.

However energy bars move so fast for rogues I cant even grasp a +10% benefit from Anthem of fervor let alone try to see 13%.

Anthem of Fervor is by far the best anthem for 5-mans/raiding etc in my opinion I specced for it so I would like to know.

If it does not affect anthem of fervor I might change my group pve build.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Thats great to know.

However energy bars move so fast for rogues I cant even grasp a +10% benefit from Anthem of fervor let alone try to see 13%.

Anthem of Fervor is by far the best anthem for 5-mans/raiding etc in my opinion I specced for it so I would like to know.

If it does not affect anthem of fervor I might change my group pve build.
    Chloromancers have the same aura

Shadowlander

I believe it's bugged for Anthem of Fervor. I did some brief testing, but if someone else could confirm this it'd be great.

With the 30% bonus, the BARD will receive a 13% cost reduction. The tooltip still says 10%. Your group will only receive 10%. I've reported this bug a couple times but still no fix.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tlim View Post
    I believe it's bugged for Anthem of Fervor. I did some brief testing, but if someone else could confirm this it'd be great.

With the 30% bonus, the BARD will receive a 13% cost reduction. The tooltip still says 10%. Your group will only receive 10%. I've reported this bug a couple times but still no fix.
    Thread winner.

Your the first person in this thread to understand what I was asking.

I can confirm it doesn't work with Fervor. I have a PvE Bard spec with 5/5 SP and a PvP spec with 0/5 SP and it's 10% either way. It's not a tooltip error on the Anthem since Cadence costs 45 either way and Motifs are 22 either way.
    We tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while at the same time producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Gosh View Post
    I can confirm it doesn't work with Fervor. I have a PvE Bard spec with 5/5 SP and a PvP spec with 0/5 SP and it's 10% either way. It's not a tooltip error on the Anthem since Cadence costs 45 either way and Motifs are 22 either way.
    I wont be logging in later today but.. Can someone report this bug today pls???

I gues until they fix it ill use 5/5 hp or 5/5 fanfare because I use fervor as my Anthem practically always.

Even though its only 10% it helps a huge amount in all situations.

To be honest 10% is already enough to spam whatever you want with virtually no worry of energy regen time, but it still greatly annoys me that the talent doesn't do what it advertises.
    Last edited by Gosh; 03-03-2011 at 02:33 PM.
    We tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while at the same time producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Gosh View Post
    To be honest 10% is already enough to spam whatever you want with virtually no worry of energy regen time, but it still greatly annoys me that the talent doesn't do what it advertises.
    Yah.
    I'm not saying I won't use Fervor its really good at 10%. Its just that the idea that Street Performer doesnt do what it says.. this annoys me enough not to spec 5/5 in it.

On my 51 bard group pve build --I have no choice anyhow.

Fervor is crucial to me because cadence can bork if you try it with less than the correct energy. That happens a lot during lag, so Fervor helps to prevent that. It also takes the sting out of missing, since you lose energy when you miss as well. The few times I've had any trouble solo on higher lvl mobs or in 1 vs 1 pvp was because cadence was either missing, or borked because of energy issues.
    Last edited by Beans; 03-05-2011 at 06:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread