+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Bard: Is Street Performer Working?

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    312

    Default Bard: Is Street Performer Working?

    Street performer 5/5 says that it adds +30% to Anthems.

    The buff on Anthem of Competance goes from +15% run speed to +20% in 5/5 Street Performer. As seen on the charactors buff icons.

    The other Anthems show no increase.


    Is it actually working on these other anthems or is it simply not updated when you look at the buff icon?

    Is it intented to work with all Anthems like it says?

    The one I use most is Anthem Of Fervor which reduces abilties cost by 10%.

    So would it be -13% instead of -10% even though the buff shows -10 only??

    Is Street performer working?!?
    Last edited by Beans; 03-01-2011 at 08:55 AM.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    27

    Default

    30% of the default 15% is 4.5%

    default 15% + 4.5% is 19.5% (round up to 20%)

    Perhaps the tooltip should better describe the way the increase will be applied (so you can save those soul points for something else it you prefer).

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Ignore my post above, I missed your point <sincere apologies>.

    Can't edit my post, hence this reply to my reply.

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Thats fine I've posted in error before too.

    Yeah I know its 19.5 but shows up as 20


    Thing is the other Anthems I care about as well.

    I was assuming street performer helped ALL anthems and can't prove that it does... So does anyoone out there know for a fact that it works?

    Anthem of Fervor is the one I care about most.

    It would be great to find out.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple mambome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    140

    Default

    In my brief time with Bard I noticed that it did increase the Armor Class Anthem... the castle one? I forget the name.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    48

    Default

    edit: poor reading comprehension on my part.
    Last edited by Mortis Rex; 03-01-2011 at 02:32 PM.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mambome View Post
    In my brief time with Bard I noticed that it did increase the Armor Class Anthem... the castle one? I forget the name.
    Thats great to know.

    However energy bars move so fast for rogues I cant even grasp a +10% benefit from Anthem of fervor let alone try to see 13%.

    Anthem of Fervor is by far the best anthem for 5-mans/raiding etc in my opinion I specced for it so I would like to know.

    If it does not affect anthem of fervor I might change my group pve build.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Drekor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Thats great to know.

    However energy bars move so fast for rogues I cant even grasp a +10% benefit from Anthem of fervor let alone try to see 13%.

    Anthem of Fervor is by far the best anthem for 5-mans/raiding etc in my opinion I specced for it so I would like to know.

    If it does not affect anthem of fervor I might change my group pve build.
    Chloromancers have the same aura

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I believe it's bugged for Anthem of Fervor. I did some brief testing, but if someone else could confirm this it'd be great.

    With the 30% bonus, the BARD will receive a 13% cost reduction. The tooltip still says 10%. Your group will only receive 10%. I've reported this bug a couple times but still no fix.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tlim View Post
    I believe it's bugged for Anthem of Fervor. I did some brief testing, but if someone else could confirm this it'd be great.

    With the 30% bonus, the BARD will receive a 13% cost reduction. The tooltip still says 10%. Your group will only receive 10%. I've reported this bug a couple times but still no fix.
    Thread winner.

    Your the first person in this thread to understand what I was asking.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Gosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    102

    Default

    I can confirm it doesn't work with Fervor. I have a PvE Bard spec with 5/5 SP and a PvP spec with 0/5 SP and it's 10% either way. It's not a tooltip error on the Anthem since Cadence costs 45 either way and Motifs are 22 either way.
    We tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while at the same time producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gosh View Post
    I can confirm it doesn't work with Fervor. I have a PvE Bard spec with 5/5 SP and a PvP spec with 0/5 SP and it's 10% either way. It's not a tooltip error on the Anthem since Cadence costs 45 either way and Motifs are 22 either way.
    I wont be logging in later today but.. Can someone report this bug today pls???


    I gues until they fix it ill use 5/5 hp or 5/5 fanfare because I use fervor as my Anthem practically always.

    Even though its only 10% it helps a huge amount in all situations.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Gosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    102

    Default

    To be honest 10% is already enough to spam whatever you want with virtually no worry of energy regen time, but it still greatly annoys me that the talent doesn't do what it advertises.
    Last edited by Gosh; 03-03-2011 at 02:33 PM.
    We tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while at the same time producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gosh View Post
    To be honest 10% is already enough to spam whatever you want with virtually no worry of energy regen time, but it still greatly annoys me that the talent doesn't do what it advertises.
    Yah.
    I'm not saying I won't use Fervor its really good at 10%. Its just that the idea that Street Performer doesnt do what it says.. this annoys me enough not to spec 5/5 in it.

    On my 51 bard group pve build --I have no choice anyhow.

    Fervor is crucial to me because cadence can bork if you try it with less than the correct energy. That happens a lot during lag, so Fervor helps to prevent that. It also takes the sting out of missing, since you lose energy when you miss as well. The few times I've had any trouble solo on higher lvl mobs or in 1 vs 1 pvp was because cadence was either missing, or borked because of energy issues.
    Last edited by Beans; 03-05-2011 at 06:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts