+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to Fix Saboteur

Default How to Fix Saboteur

In five easy steps!

1. Nerf direct damage down by quite a bit, at least again players. At this point, you might need to give some irritating rogues a smack around the chops.
    2. Implement (or change some current ones) bombs and abilities that require your opponent to be an idiot and do massive amounts of damage. Imagine riftsurge but with bombs and ****. This makes playing against a saboteur more about the player's skill instead of the saboteur's.
    3. Now ignore people *****ing on the forums unless you've severely ****ed up damage.
    4. ???
    5. Profit!!!

Basically, I'm suggesting that saboteurs lose their "detonate" skill (or have it only apply to a weakened blast charge) and instead get various abilities that require the opponent to be stupid or not paying attention in order for them to go off.

Rift surge is a riftblade skill that makes a person take damage every time he uses an ability. This means people can sit there when you put it on them and do nothing but remember they're DOING NOTHING. They're not contributing.

I'm suggesting saboteurs have similar skills. They'll stay as a PvP class, but they won't be the current ******ed burst DPS they are at the minute. They'll be closer to support.

Example bombs:-
    Movement Triggered Device: Places a movement triggered device on an opponent. If they move, they take X damage.
    Magic Triggered Device: Places a magic triggered device on an opponent. If they cast a spell, they take X damage.
    Damage Triggered Device: Places a damage triggered device on an opponent. If they take damage, they take X more damage.

You get the point.

Comments?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    If queues are still a problem in a month, I will eat my shoes.

Plane Touched

Thumbs down

Lame...... Let's get rid of the entire dynamic that trion wanted Sabs to have. Go search for puzzles or something instead of QQ'ing like the rest of the forum trolls.

Plane Touched

Or... they just fix charge booster and maybe stick disorients on a shared diminishing return.

No more double damage charges, and no more perma stun while they kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trion
    Strengths

Saboteurs mold the battlefield to suit their needs, and with careful planning, a lone Saboteur can overcome the most formidable foes in one explosive instant.

Weaknesses

A Saboteur requires significant preparation to launch each devastating assault, and is quickly overcome if confronted in direct combat before every trap is in place.
    I don't PVP, but it sounds to me like they're functioning as designed. A saboteur ... sabotages your carefully planned strategies. In one explosive instant.
    Last edited by Kuroyama; 03-01-2011 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Typo

Shadowlander

I like OP's point #3. He should follow it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexus369 View Post
    Hello WoW players. Look at your toon, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me, but if it wasn't using low-res cartoony graphics and switched to RIFT it could look like it's me. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're in a rift with the toon your toon could look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it, it's an epic weapon. Look again, the weapon is now enchanted. Anything is possible when your toon is in RIFT and not in WoW. I'm on a turtle.

Soulwalker

I agree with Autarch, Saboteurs need a solid nerf at the moment.

Plane Touched

i dont know....seems like its working as intended...sabateurs are all about the setup....i need 5 charges and 5 cooldowns before i get my big boom....in that time, so much can happen, esp in PVP. And im squishy as hell....even in PVE, i hardly get up to 5 charges before i need to detonate or else i waste them....so if you see flashy yellow stars, look around you, you'll see someone with a detonator.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sweatybetty View Post
    i dont know....seems like its working as intended...sabateurs are all about the setup....i need 5 charges and 5 cooldowns before i get my big boom....in that time, so much can happen, esp in PVP. And im squishy as hell....even in PVE, i hardly get up to 5 charges before i need to detonate or else i waste them....so if you see flashy yellow stars, look around you, you'll see someone with a detonator.....
    But the beauty is, you're not just a Saboteur. You're a Saboteur who is also two other things. Yes, stuff can (and should) happen in PvP and PvE, but that's what your second and third soul are for - holding them off while you cackle manically and wait for everyone to go kaboooom in a stunning display of flesh, blood, and ingenuity.
    Please, for all that is worthy and the love of Odin, it's not "LUA" or "LuA", it's "Lua". Like the moon. In Portuguese.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroyama View Post
    Strengths

Saboteurs mold the battlefield to suit their needs, and with careful planning, a lone Saboteur can overcome the most formidable foes in one explosive instant.

Weaknesses

A Saboteur requires significant preparation to launch each devastating assault, and is quickly overcome if confronted in direct combat before every trap is in place.
    Yeah but they forgot the careful planning part.

Right now it's HERPADERP 1-1-1-1-1-2

Quote Originally Posted by Khroul View Post

If you want to pull aggro in PVE groups and/or get steamrolled by your target's friends, sure.

We have other charges/bombs/traps that apply other effects, and they are worth using under various circumstances.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Khroul View Post

get enough people in on something and they all go:

HERPADERP 1-1-1-1-1-2
    Difference between sabs and everyone else is that everyone else breaks their dmg down into small easy to swallow portions. Sab does zilch untill they get around to the detonation. I wonder how things'll change up when people get fully decked out pvp builds and get out of mashed together quest rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexus369 View Post
    Hello WoW players. Look at your toon, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me, but if it wasn't using low-res cartoony graphics and switched to RIFT it could look like it's me. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're in a rift with the toon your toon could look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it, it's an epic weapon. Look again, the weapon is now enchanted. Anything is possible when your toon is in RIFT and not in WoW. I'm on a turtle.

Rift Disciple

sabs, we are fine as is.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Autarch View Post
    In five easy steps!

3. Now ignore people *****ing on the forums.

You get the point.

Comments?
    Here. Took the best advice from OP for Trion.

Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroyama View Post
    If you want to pull aggro in PVE groups and/or get steamrolled by your target's friends, sure.

We have other charges/bombs/traps that apply other effects, and they are worth using under various circumstances.
    Look if you're getting steam rolled by mobs of people, then you're playing wrong. That goes for ALL ranged DPS souls.

Ranged means you're attacking from a safe distance.

Also, The fact that Sabo's pure, unbridled spike damage even does comparable sustained DPS to other pure DPS souls with low spike damage, is unequivocally broken.

OMG THAT Man wrote in big giant bold white underlined italic text! That must mean he is right about everything!

That was his point though. just going herp 111112 all the time is a great way to Play the class wrong! (I learned from you )

There is a single target, of course we will end up using blast charges.. But now the single target is an elite and our take has just started tanking him.. Spike charges there, with a slight mixture of blast.

Damn thing is too jumpy and will likely attack me regardless of if I'm using Dots or blasts, Caltrop charge.

Now there is a bunch of guys together, Shrapnel charges, timebomb, adhesive, and chemical bomb to take them down.

They are all elites now! Better to focus on one, and throw down just a chemical bomb once the tank has more aggro.

In PVP, I use caltrops more than blast charges. More people, I use AoEs. Typically I only use charge blasts on people who don't know I'm there, and I need to remove for my team to win. Just like my namesake, Sniper.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast