+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Serrated Blades change?

Soulwalker

Default Serrated Blades change?

This is the current build I am rolling with for solo leveling:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.xhx0V0M.0V0c

I took 8 into assassin mostly for Ruthlessness and Lethal Poison, however Serrated Blades was nice too.

When headstart first launched, I remember the tooltip saying that the bleed from Serrated Blades applied to ranged attacks as well. However, it now says only melee weapons. Is this true? I'd check it in game right now, but servers are down.

It makes me sad if that talent no longer works with ranged. With the way poisons apply to range, it gave the Assassin tree such great synergy, and now that would be 3 wasted points if I wanted to go higher.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Nyliak View Post
    This is the current build I am rolling with for solo leveling:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.xhx0V0M.0V0c

I took 8 into assassin mostly for Ruthlessness and Lethal Poison, however Serrated Blades was nice too.

When headstart first launched, I remember the tooltip saying that the bleed from Serrated Blades applied to ranged attacks as well. However, it now says only melee weapons. Is this true? I'd check it in game right now, but servers are down.

It makes me sad if that talent no longer works with ranged. With the way poisons apply to range, it gave the Assassin tree such great synergy, and now that would be 3 wasted points if I wanted to go higher.
    Ya, it was a documented change 2 patches ago (or maybe even the last patch). And the fact that you have to waste 3 points in assassin to get it to synergize with ranged trees really does hurt it . It was part of the MM nerfs, it was crazy good for marksman.
    Last edited by sano; 03-01-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Soulwalker

Okay

Thanks for the reply.

+ Reply to Thread