+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which weapon determines Sab damage?

Telaran

Default Which weapon determines Sab damage?

Ok just for fun i switched my zero point soul in my sab build to ranger. All of a sudden my detonates were huge compared to when i had a melee soul as the zero point soul.

Ranged souls have that skill that make you switch between ranged and melee, so is the reason my damage went up so high because my ranged weapon was better?

Does having a ranged soul make your sab attacks count off your ranged weapon and vice versa with a melee soul?

Or are weapons just stat sticks for a sab?

Rift Disciple

Supposedly they are supposed to effect charges (according to the tooltip), but I saw a thread yesterday that said they were currently just stat sticks.

Telaran

So what exactly does the whole "requires any weapon" thing mean for all the sabo skills?

Rift Disciple

Whichever weapon you are autoattacking with, I believe.

Rift Disciple

so how ti avoid that the sabo switches to melee ? I want him to always use the ****ing bow

Quote Originally Posted by Kellindell View Post
    Ok just for fun i switched my zero point soul in my sab build to ranger. All of a sudden my detonates were huge compared to when i had a melee soul as the zero point soul.

Ranged souls have that skill that make you switch between ranged and melee, so is the reason my damage went up so high because my ranged weapon was better?

Does having a ranged soul make your sab attacks count off your ranged weapon and vice versa with a melee soul?

Or are weapons just stat sticks for a sab?
    Well increased firepower from the marksman tree increases ranged attack power keen eye increase range and killing focus increases ranged damage
    Vote for my house - Montigue On Faeblight

Soulwalker

The only way to boost distance for attaching charges/bombs is the specific talents in the saboteur tree. The only way to keep an auto attack for ranged weapons is by using either an MM or Ranger soul, as they are the only 2 with the auto attack. But once a mob closes in to melee distance, you will automatically switch to melee auto attacks.

Damage is figured, from what I've read on beta forums and time in alpha, by whatever weapon you are using at that time - attaching charges at range uses the bow/gun as the weapon damage mod, dropping charges on a wolf while it bites your azz is going to use your melee weapons as the damage mod.

One last note, charges are their own attack, so the way to boost the damage on them is through talents like the nightblade's blazing fury which is 15% to combo point builders, coup de grace which is 15% to finishers. Also assassin's poison boosting talents affect charges. But talents like the MM keen eye or sharp shooter do NOT work for saboteur.

Rift Disciple

everything i've seen so far shows that your damage is based off of your main hands top end damage...

dmv

Seems like it's based off ph dmg.

+ Reply to Thread