+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NB PvP Build help

Default NB PvP Build help

MY Rogue just hit 40 last night and i wanted to try some NB pvping when servers come up.

Anyone got a good build for NB pvping and rotation ?

Thanks

Only the insane have Strength enough to prosper
    Only those who prosper truly judge what is sane.
    Kruypt

Telaran

Try http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MipV.ihtRGoxo0s.Ecx. Play a similar build, be sure to toggle beween Guardian Phase and Shadow Phase. Use Guardian Phase at all times, Shadow Phase only before you plane shift to an opponent, then after attacks, toggle back when needed for extra survivability.

Rotations is dependent on opponent.

Thanks i will try that out. Anyone else got a build would like to try more than one

Thoughts on this 50 build?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....iIt0hqgMos.Vc

Only the insane have Strength enough to prosper
    Only those who prosper truly judge what is sane.
    Kruypt

Soulwalker

putting points in assassin tree is also a route if you like to go all offensive leaving you lless survibility vs puting points in rift. is really depends on your play style wether you want all out damage but die alot easier. or able to take extra hit and shifting around to control the combat.

personally i'd go with riftstalker

Telaran

It really depends on if your an offensive minded person, or defensive minded person. Me I like to be a little more defensive and will proably go with this build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...s.Ecx0zo0o.x0b. Sin or Sab with the NB, is the way to go if your more offensive minded.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...k0s.Vcxc.0VMck also

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtheatre View Post
    It really depends on if your an offensive minded person, or defensive minded person. Me I like to be a little more defensive and will proably go with this build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...s.Ecx0zo0o.x0b. Sin or Sab with the NB, is the way to go if your more offensive minded.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...k0s.Vcxc.0VMck also
    No scourge of darkness?... no absorb shield on shifting?... Sir you have me confused...

Scourge of darkness is a HUGE dmg increase

your giving up a ton of dmg, then also 15% crit chance after shifting.. + a shield after shifting...

mind = blown

Quote Originally Posted by breakpoint View Post
    no scourge of darkness?... No absorb shield on shifting?... Sir you have me confused...

Scourge of darkness is a huge dmg increase

your giving up a ton of dmg, then also 15% crit chance after shifting.. + a shield after shifting...

Mind = blown
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
    KRYSTALINE, Have you Hugged Your Kitten Today?

Plane Touched

That might have to do with the buffs causing the jumps to break stealth, or something like that. They dont normally.

And for survivability, NB as a couple short-term near-invincible self buffs, and I think MAYBE void knights can remove them, but there aren't a lot of classes that can.

One is 8s, -80% incoming dmg, -40% outgoing dmg, the other is outright invincibility for 4 seconds. (I havent looked that closely at the high-tier skills, so dont quote me on that, thats just what I read)

I've even killed a few healers while under the self-debuffed dmg one in the 20-29 bracket, while tanking entire teams, but that relies on them not having a bunch of healers spamming party heals.

Its still no charge booster, but its certainly more interesting to play.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Breakpoint View Post
    No scourge of darkness?... no absorb shield on shifting?... Sir you have me confused...

Scourge of darkness is a HUGE dmg increase

mind = blown
    Nope not until plane shifting is fixed, the only time I do shifting a lot is if i need to chance someone down or break cc, then I pray I dont go thru the world or land inside the characters model and can hit them till i back up. If I need the extra absorption personally I think Rift Guard is better. Also Rift Guard and Rift Barrier do not stack. Rift Guard Costs one point while Rift Barrier costs 3 to be affective. On Scourge of Darkness, sorry I thought that was in there, yes SoD should be in the build. Also note one is a defensive type build the other is an offensive type build.

Shadowlander

Iono i dont ever have problems with falling through the world , or landing inside the target too much, but I'm a very active mover so as soon as i Shadow stalk im moving anyways - I dont like the Rift Guard Simply because its a finisher... and I'd rather cps be used on a damaging finisher with a passive absorb.... higher dmg output imo, and worth the extra pts into RS... personal reference

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Breakpoint View Post
    Iono i dont ever have problems with falling through the world , or landing inside the target too much, but I'm a very active mover so as soon as i Shadow stalk im moving anyways - I dont like the Rift Guard Simply because its a finisher... and I'd rather cps be used on a damaging finisher with a passive absorb.... higher dmg output imo, and worth the extra pts into RS... personal reference
    Exactly personal preference, the reason I love all the soul combos and choices. One thing I do if I get low and need the defense is pop Ebon Fury and get 5 combo is 3 seconds with Dusk Strike, plus lots of dmg dealing on top of it. And/or pop Twilight Shelter or Twilight Transcendence to build the combo in that state.

Telaran

Can someone explain scourge of darkness to me?

I assume you use it as a finished when the player is at 1/2 life? I played around with it and wasnt overwhelmed last night ... therefore I must be missing something.

thx!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtheatre View Post
    Nope not until plane shifting is fixed, the only time I do shifting a lot is if i need to chance someone down or break cc, then I pray I dont go thru the world or land inside the characters model and can hit them till i back up. If I need the extra absorption personally I think Rift Guard is better. Also Rift Guard and Rift Barrier do not stack. Rift Guard Costs one point while Rift Barrier costs 3 to be affective. On Scourge of Darkness, sorry I thought that was in there, yes SoD should be in the build. Also note one is a defensive type build the other is an offensive type build.
    Why not Dark Malady and then Plane Shift?

+ Reply to Thread