+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MM/Assassin/Sabo - Strange Build, Critique please!

Soulwalker

Default MM/Assassin/Sabo - Strange Build, Critique please!

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...000o.0ARbt0o0z

Note: This is intended for the 30-39 bracket, level 32 should be able to do 21/21/0, eventually working up to 31/21/0 @ 39

One option is to switch out sab for infiltrator and trade 70% aoe snare on 15 sec cd for 5 m cc removal. I chose 70% aoe snare, for both defensive or offensive utility.

and now to describe the play style I was considering.

Permastealth, regular run speed.

Opening can be done at range or in CQC, depending on A) your target or B) your personal preference.

Tools:
    20m Disorient
    20m AoE 70% Snare
    32m Root (Static Shot)
    Knockback
    Snare/Root 5 sec immunity (also sprint)
    Poisons (mainly 5% crit/heal proc)
    Melee Thorns (through Poison Malice)
    deadeye / emp shot while moving
    bullseye / strafe for burst damage

I know it's kind of a weird build, but there aren't many wasted points. Often times in this build it will be super useful to utilize your stealth to gain optimal positioning. I'm thinking this will be a good build for 1v1 situations, and can also sit back and nuke if that need arises. Can stealth behind the lines to open melee on a healer. When they do finally get away from you and think they are free from your punishment, you unload on them at range using MM cooldowns, if necessary blowing On the run with swift shot and hasty departure to get back behind your lines.

I'm pretty new to this game - my char is only 32 and I didn't play beta so I'm just looking for helpful feedback before I go and respec when servers come up. All opinions are appreciated. This build looks like a ton of fun to me on paper, but if anyone has tried anything like this let me know how it works in practice

thanks!

Soulwalker

Sorry - Meant to say this was for PVP only if the post itself wasn't clear enough. My Mistake.

Soulwalker

I like what you're trying to do. Combination of good ranged and good melee damage plus the ability to control the range from which you engage. I'm not sure if these types of builds work well yet; I need some more time to try stuff in pvp.

The one I'm playing with right now is MM, Sab, Rift. Same principle - control engagement distance. This build though, has huge defensive bonuses and can gets stalker phase which seems like a pretty huge damage buff.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lambdare_Red View Post
    I like what you're trying to do. Combination of good ranged and good melee damage plus the ability to control the range from which you engage. I'm not sure if these types of builds work well yet; I need some more time to try stuff in pvp.

The one I'm playing with right now is MM, Sab, Rift. Same principle - control engagement distance. This build though, has huge defensive bonuses and can gets stalker phase which seems like a pretty huge damage buff.
    Ahh yeah stalker phase does seem pretty good. I'll be interested to see how that build turns out as well, and might try something like that myself.

thanks for the feedback

+ Reply to Thread