+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Hokhmah
  • 1 Post By Joebuu
  • 1 Post By Ishimui

Thread: DD spec for Titan X?

Soulwalker

Default DD spec for Titan X?

What is the best damage spec for Titan X? Just ran it for the first time the other day and decided to go with Dervish because of all the movement - and i didn't really have a grasp on the fight so I went the safety route. Of course, dps was pretty bad. Struggled to get 750k. Still had Aspirants boots but otherwise T1 geared. (and crit is only 6.5k b/c Death crit frags seem impossible to get).

I guess I have a couple of questions.

1. It seems like mele is just out of the question on the fight. Does hitting the box give you mele range? I didn't have time to notice. Even still, you are mostly out of mele otherwise.

2. Hot Pot / Quack seems clunky at best, given that your scald dot is a pain if you don't throw down your beacon. Still, it might wind up being better than Dervish even with lost GCD's (throwing down beacon several times) or waiting on the scald cast without beacon.

3. Is running Psuedo ranged the best option? Low dps but helps the raid.

It just felt weird going to 900+K on the first two bosses compared to Titan X.
    Last edited by Joebuu; 08-14-2019 at 06:29 AM.
    Meepz@Greybriar
    Joebuu@Greybriar

Plane Touched

You won't have the same AoE as rogue or shaman or even mage , so i'd focus more on bursting down some adds alone meaning ST spec are better for primalist on this fight. You want to burst missiles guys at first , the pulser big robot, and the infector. Others mosnter will die from the cleave while you focus those.

I always go for the melee spec (either the ST one or the cleave one) if i have a melee spot available on last phase.

If the melee spot are already taken , you can use Quackback or Hot Pot since you want to burst down 1 monster at a time.If you run those specs , you need to guess which monster will die last so you have time to double scald him and start the dps.

The box give you range buff , but also the missiles robots give it. Meaning if you hit one of them you can melee for 45sec at 35m range.

You can also go for pseudo support with or without melee spot it should be fine as long as you hit a box when they spawn. And i don't advise range pseudo , because with the amount of dot you need to use , adds phase will be horrible for you.
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 08-14-2019 at 06:51 AM.
    Hokhmah@Brutwacht , Zyggiha@Brutwacht, Ahiggyz@Brutwacht
    Pseudo support, Prima raiding specs
    Discord : Zyggiha#2277 , I can help for everything related to primalist , feel free to ask.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    You won't have the same AoE as rogue or shaman or even mage , so i'd focus more on bursting down some adds alone meaning ST spec are better for primalist on this fight. You want to burst missiles guys at first , the pulser big robot, and the infector. Others mosnter will die from the cleave while you focus those.

I always go for the melee spec (either the ST one or the cleave one) if i have a melee spot available on last phase.

If the melee spot are already taken , you can use Quackback or Hot Pot since you want to burst down 1 monster at a time.If you run those specs , you need to guess which monster will die last so you have time to double scald him and start the dps.

The box give you range buff , but also the missiles robots give it. Meaning if you hit one of them you can melee for 45sec at 35m range.

You can also go for pseudo support with or without melee spot it should be fine as long as you hit a box when they spawn. And i don't advise range pseudo , because with the amount of dot you need to use , adds phase will be horrible for you.
    Thanks! Mele spot was taken in our fight - but, good to know you can still get mele range (from range) on boss! They also wanted me to interrupt the third RDU (when three ran out) - which is why i went with that Dervish spec because i didn't have an interrupt in the HotPot/Quack build.

If mele is taken this next week, i will go with HotPot and hope they have a third person for interrupts on the RDU phase. If not, i might play with the HotPot build and get an interrupt for it. Anything to get away from the dervish build. Thanks again!
    Meepz@Greybriar
    Joebuu@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

the quackback build is what I had been running on that fight until very recently. It gets an interrupt from having 10 points in dervish.

When I do take my primalist to BoS I still play that spec if I'm needed to interrupt instead of making one of the rogues have to, otherwise I play the Hot Pot spec.

+ Reply to Thread