+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Farseer PVP Healing questions

Telaran

Default Farseer PVP Healing questions

I'm seeing some very odd and frustrating issues playing Farseer in PvP. Yeah, yeah, nerf it, but I've usually played a healer in PvP and am trying to pick up Farseer now.

The problem is this: my heals don't heal for crap.

I have full PvP gear except for the ranged weapon and using the AoE Heal PvP crystal.

Going 31/8 Farseer/Preserver.

I turn on Impending Fate, load up with 5 Soul Fragments.

My first Insight heals for 2k + 10-12k Impending Fate. All good-ish.
    The next four heal for 900 + 2k Impending Fate. But I see my Soul Fragment count go down. This happens repeatedly if I re-load with 5 SF's. If I have anywhere from 1-4 SFs and cast Insight, I get the same 900 + 200k Impending Fate heal.

I saw an Inquisitor pop Soul Stream on himself and heal for maybe 15% of his health. If I pop Ancestral Force on someone it heals for 400 per tick.

Any ideas as to what's going on? It is extremely frustrating to see next-to-nothing heals ... and meanwhile the primalist next to me pops the same Insight on someone and heals for 20k.

Finally, I thought Nature's Blessing might be worth it - especially if it worked like Divine Favor did for Clerics back in the day. But if I cast it, I get the buff on my buff bar, but I can't cast the buff on anyone. There's only one ability listed in the Abilities pane, Nature's Blessing, but if I try to cast it on someone I get the error "Incorrect State".

Any help appreciated -

Plane Touched

I'll get even more hate from the pvp community by telling how you need to play this "horribly overpowered healer that can't get killed cause i don't know how to play" spec, but whatever.

Well let's start then with the soul tree, you want this tree instead of the one you currently have.
    It gives you more health, and more healing recieve when you are under 50% hp.
    You want threat of fate , Fortune protection and Inner peace as farseer legendary , Essence strike for titan and vine whip for preserver.

For your macros you want those one :

#1 :
    #show Fortune Protection
    cast Shatter Soul
    cast Impending Fate
    cast Fortune Protection

#2 :
    #show Shatter Soul
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Primal Avatar: Ouroboros
    cast Shatter Soul
    cast Prescience
    cast Deluge
    cast Nurture

Use the macro #1 until you cast Fortune protection and then spam macro #2. Use #1 on cd as often as possible for big heals, it's your main sources of healing.
    Keep up Empower Soul shroud if you can , Prescience on the target you are healing , and if you have downtime between the healing phase and you have ennemy at range , use essence strike on them. And use your cds when needed.

Don't use insight at all , it will consume your soul fragment needed to proc big heals with fortune protection. Also don't empower prescience , keep soul fragment again for fortune protection , and refresh empower soul shroud at the very last moment even don't refresh it if you see you don't need it.

That's how i play it and it work very nicely while i don't have any pvp gear.

I hope it will help you , and happy healing , make them cry for not being able to kill your team :P
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 06-22-2019 at 07:56 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post

That's how i play it and it work very nicely while i don't have any pvp gear.

I hope it will help you , and happy healing , make them cry for not being able to kill your team :P
    I've been playing around with this spec and doing very nicely. Appreciate the insight on Insight, although parses from other Primalists show 8-point Preserver specs out there and big casts of Insight. I'll keep learning and experimenting, but I'd say this works pretty well:

https://ibb.co/tXs3QCS

What is the range of the "jump" on Fortune Protection? It feels like if it doesn't jump then it doesn't really heal for much?

Plane Touched

Sometimes the "jump" from Fortune protection don't go on a wounded ally if you are yourself wounded , it can "jump" on yourself. But the range is pretty far i'd say about the same range as soul shroud aoe (around 20m).

There is lot more spec that work with farseer , but it's the one i use and it work just fine.
    Maybe you saw this spec during pvp , i know it can be good too , but need to change some things from macros.

+ Reply to Thread