+ Reply to Thread

Thread: similar build to Shammy?

Telaran

Default similar build to Shammy?

So came back recently and level up a prima. Really enjoying it, particularly in PVP (I'm sure nerfs are inc).

I've played Cleric and Mage since beta, so I'm most familiar with those classes.

As the title says, is there an equivalent to Shammy + Healing crystal (or Harb, pre-LGV nerfs) for switching between ST and AoE dps while self-healing? Example:for doing the VP dailies or clearing out a node during a VP event solo.

I'm mostly T1 geared with a first stage eternal, so definitely not bis geared, but geared enough to do OK in raids (1.2 mil on punching bag boss in RoTP for example).

Unfortunately the primalist dps meta is about building up debuffs on a target (Scald, MW) which is pretty clunky for soloing.

As long as you don't expect raid-dps-like performance, the default Dervish and Berzerker are the most flexible souls.
    with only little cleave, there is a bursting 'onebutton' range spammer people use for leveling (runspeed, burst, death resist, interrupt)

the 65-70 version looks like this
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#.../!0hkmyi4|_ZPM

Legendary Wind Serpent makes every attack ranged+ adding a decaying dmg bonus. Lasts 60 secs, cooldown 60 secs

Predator is about hard hitting melee attacks, building stacks infights and reset the cd of the hardhitters.

- Buff Locus of Destruction shortly before engaging high hp targets, it will quickly generate your important stacks, allowing for 2 resets (Apex Predator) in a short order.
    - the burst potential goes as far as sometimes oneshotting mobs

Buff: Font of Savagery | Zephyr

Legendaries:
    66| Wind Serpent
    67| Silent Stalker
    68| Seismic Smash
    69| Essence Strike
    70| Blindside

''spam''

#show Sudden strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Primal Avatar: WindSerpent
    cast Scent of Blood
    //cast Seismic Smash (when legendary)
    cast Silent Stalker
    cast Sudden Strike
    cast Blindside
    cast Tectonic Spike
    cast Air Cutter
    cast Killer Assault
    cast Break Free

''reset''

#show Apex Predator
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Scent of Blood
    //cast Seismic Smash (when legendary)
    cast Apex Predator
    cast Silent Stalker
    cast Sudden Strike
    cast Blindside
    cast Tectonic Spike
    cast Air Cutter
    cast Killer Assault
    cast Break Free

Useful stuff:

Shifting Wind | You will ignore the next death withing 10%
    Ancestral Force | Channel to heal yourself or for massive aoe dmg. 1min cd only
    Squall | Pulls the target to you(and away from friendlies)+ critchance for all attackers
    Scirocco | Interrupts blue casts + stun on success
    Crystalline Lance | some ranged aoe option
    Essence Strike | Debuffs the target and heals you(and others) on every attack on the target.

When you are looking for a more immersive melee experience:

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    Uhh since I've been asked quite a lot in the game itself and sometimes here on the forum itself, decided to hit a new levelling guide in for sfp, and here it goes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    yes this spec should still be a good one for lvling, also this one should still be good enough too.
    Last edited by Shas; 06-17-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

+ Reply to Thread