+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hokhmah

Thread: Whats roles should a good primalist have?

Default Whats roles should a good primalist have?

As the title states, whats roles/specs should a primalist carry?
    The forums seem a bit outdated so I would like so make sure the specs I have are up to date.

Ranged dps
    Melee dps
    Healing
    Solo build
    Tank
    Support.

Thank you,
    |AoC|Exposure|Mutiny|Crayons|Virus|Trinity|

nMe@greybriar

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Learan View Post
    As the title states, whats roles/specs should a primalist carry?
    The forums seem a bit outdated so I would like so make sure the specs I have are up to date.

Ranged dps
    Melee dps
    Healing
    Solo build
    Tank
    Support.

Thank you,
    In order of importance: ranged dps (there is no need in melee build as top dps build is ranged) - http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ting-spec.html, http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...nged-vulc.html or other FB builds which works for you
    Pseudosupport (it is a waste of primalist to use it as main support) - http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...o-support.html
    Healer and tank (again, it is a waste of primalist, but sometimes you have no choice) - http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...it-debuff.html & http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...list-tank.html
    There is no need in dedicated solo build as you dps is high enough, just vampiric essence will do .
    Last edited by Isp; 12-06-2018 at 01:10 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Prophet of Telara

If you are the only primalist and you've got an archon with you then the pseudo support is the best choice because it is basically a DPS gain for the whole raid. The spec also does pretty good damage. If you don't have an archon, you should play a full-fledged mystic support.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    If you don't have an archon, you should play a full-fledged mystic support.
    Wouldn't the mystic build posted by Jsjoe (with the mystic Flaring Power) as a reply to Hokhmah's spec be a better pick these days?
    I am a bad... not your any type of bad... I'm the baddest of the bad. I am...

Dbatzz@Laethys - Dbats@Greybriar - Qlinltiqor@Greybriar, Shadowstorm@Deepwood - Beatcha@Deepwood - Whirlypike@Deepwood

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dbatzz View Post
    Wouldn't the mystic build posted by Jsjoe (with the mystic Flaring Power) as a reply to Hokhmah's spec be a better pick these days?
    If you can melee all the time it's better, but if you need to be range at some point during the fight , the dervish one parse a bit higher , around 40 to 70k on average. And you have no cast time so easier for moving part with dervish one too.
    Overall , for me , dervish support spec have a better QoL playstyle.

-> Any detailed informations about how Fury points effect Fury Blast? It says: Deals increased damage the closer you are to full Fury when cast.
    I wonder what the fury / dmg % ratio is. If it's a linear or exponential gain.

-> How much Fury Blast bonus dmg you get for 40, 45, 50, (...) 80, 95, 100 fury?

Sidenotes.
    Instead of: SoB, VS, SS, MW, SoB
    going: SoB, VS, MW, SS, SoB ?
    (SS boosting SoB isntead of MV)
    Specs with hard hitters seem to scale much better from raid buffs (PVbofors dummy 1.300 , raid 2.1 vs 'Murica' Paragon dummy 1.5, raid 1.8 - Numbers from 72 dummy and Azranel first minute @archont, mystic, defi) Paragon being all about tons of small numbers just feels to not recieve a compareable amount of boost to them.(Flame Spear procc default crit: ~11k vs Flame spear full Flarring crit: ~12k

Explains the power of FB specs to me.

Thanks in advance

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

Plane Touched

you can assume the damage boost from 40 fury to 100 fury is between 2 times and 2.5 times the damage depending on the number of multiplier you add to fury blast.
    Whats roles should a good primalist have?-nonboostedfb.png => 2.48 time the damage

here without any other source of increased damage ( left with 40 fury , right at 100)

Whats roles should a good primalist have?-fb-ss.png => 1.84 time the damage

Here i only used Scything strike (85% damage boost) before each FB ( left is 40 again and right 100 fury)

Whats roles should a good primalist have?-fb-all-boost.png => 2.5 time the damage

And last one (left again 40 fury right 100 fury) , FB boosted with everything we got in the melee spec so SS (85%) + RotB (100%) + MW (90%) , i didn't go full cunning for the eternal proc since the eternal proc isn't that much for FB ( around 100k more on the max hit , 50k on average hit).
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 03-20-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Thanks for taking the time, interesting numbers- almost as 40 is 40% and 100 is 100%

-> I wonder if

1) going for a second FB isntead of Mw when the first FB didn't crit might be a gain. Like Icy Burst overwriting the previous one.

2) (Vulc 25|14|0)
    PB MW SS (Drake) FB SoB Conflagrate RendSpirit SS MW SS SoB VS SS FB SoB VP MW SS SoB VS SS FB

might be something fun to try out (using the bonus charge from drake, ogcd from Rend for Conflagrate and putting SS on SoB)

Does Conflagrate overwrite the 5% from Cleirc? I somehow have a feel that there is a chance that it may bugs out and stack.

Plane Touched

1) going for a second FB is a dps loss since you'll loose the MW uptime , and if the other FB do'nt crit again , it's even worse.

2) need some test but i usually don't play range spec at all on my primalist , only the melee one.

Also conflagrate overwirte the cleric debuff , so you can't stack it for another dps boost.

What i mean with 2 FB is that you cycle FB and MW faster than they might need to be (8 sec FB dot) so going MW 40pt fb 100pt fb withing the Mw uptime might be a gain and also makes the 100pt fb dot overwrite the 50pt one. ?

Soulwalker

Exclamation TOP SECRET

I would love to tell everyone how to Primal but it would only end up in Primals getting nerfed.

To this day I am unable to use Predator Primal soul because of the PvP Nerfs that were never removed and are still suffering even after the recent PvP damage increase.

Good Luck...

-Wreckah

PS:Wrekkdddddd

Plane Touched

Nobody like prima in PvP , no matter what we use poor guys always cry for "nerf it's too OP", "we can't kill them as healer", "they do too much dps" ...
    So if they cry at least make them cry harder while destroying them

+ Reply to Thread