+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4.4 Best Primailst DPS Options

Shadowlander

Default 4.4 Best Primailst DPS Options

Hello fellow primalist,

Question, what is the current single target DPS spec with the highest potential output?

I was running the PL21/Vulc18 whenever possible but have noticed approx. 10% drop in damage output since the stacking bufff changes. Not terrible but for a class that had a niche for top single target dps it does hurt, especially for a class with little to no cleave. The beacon only goes so far.

I do find the Farseerer/Preserver HPS fun and powerful to play but need more practice and raid make-up to allow the switch. Is this my best option because tanking is not going to happen for me due to the grind?

No fricking way wilI I be grinding to upgrade Tank Presever gear, trinket, frags and essences to compete with those already down that path for months.

Recommendation and hope... the 31 Primal Lord and 31 Maelstrom specs were more rewarding. 31PL melee spec with a tight rotation should be top ST dps IMO and Mael31 top ST ranged with all the quick reaction required for pioritizartion of spells.

So again, please recommend best dps options for BoS.

Thanks for your suggestions.
    Last edited by MizzerMage; 06-16-2018 at 08:11 PM.

Xly
    Plane Touched

21/18 still rules the Primalist world (and it's still within 3% of Rogues) -> https://bit.ly/2HeKXfi

Shadowlander

Default Option

You said you think 31 PL should be top dps spec. Well u actually aren't far off. I posted a dps guide on the forums for 28PL melee spec a couple weeks ago. I have done plenty of tests comparing both this spec and the PL/vulc specs (various versions) and this spec will still outdps those by about 200k in a raid setting. Your dummy parses will be about 50-100k higher. However the spec will still top them. The downside is it is melee so you will definitely still want to have the PL/Vulc spec. But if melee is A solid option for a fight, i would personally use 28PL over 21 PL.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Iuisa View Post
    You said you think 31 PL should be top dps spec. Well u actually aren't far off. I posted a dps guide on the forums for 28PL melee spec a couple weeks ago. I have done plenty of tests comparing both this spec and the PL/vulc specs (various versions) and this spec will still outdps those by about 200k in a raid setting. Your dummy parses will be about 50-100k higher. However the spec will still top them. The downside is it is melee so you will definitely still want to have the PL/Vulc spec. But if melee is A solid option for a fight, i would personally use 28PL over 21 PL.
    Thanks luisa! I'll found your post under Primalist Guides. I will definitely give a go.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Iuisa View Post
    I've tested your 28PL spec, on the dummy and today in BoS 1st Boss and i've beaten my last parse on it by about 60k dps (taken from bamus spreadsheet). However in the parse before with 21/18 i died in the burst phase, losing all raid CDs, next week i try to do a better parse with 21/18 ^^

On the Dummy i parse around the same with both specs, that is between 1,4m and 1,45m depending on rng,lags and my fails.

In my eyes, 21/18 is better for BoS, you can't really play your 28pl variant at 2nd and 3rd boss, even if you do melee tactics and for first boss you have to pray for no, or only few missile storms and even then, you have the stay away from the boss at defensive spin.
    21/18 also has a better cleave, being around 50-60k dps on each target at my aoe dummys, the melee spec does around 10k dps on every target and loses a bit ST dps for the cleave.

However, the 28PL is very well, playing a different rotation is also refreshing and today i made some mistakes, so my parse could even be better, but i would not say that its 150-200k ahead of 21/18
    Last edited by Kugelschreiber; 06-24-2018 at 12:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread