+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sadisticmofo

Thread: 4.4 Buff stacking changes

Soulwalker

Default 4.4 Buff stacking changes

So, the changes made in the Hotfix update last week seem pretty significant and over the top. Seems we lost about 1/3 of our overall dps. (At my current gear I lost around 250k dps but I've seen others mention they lost over 400k dps). This seems like it was over-done and should be looked at by Trion. Our class is quite limited. Other classes have good aoe and ST dmg. Ours was mostly all ST dmg and we didn't gain anything from this update to make up for it. Please look into this Trion!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sadisticmofo View Post
    So, the changes made in the Hotfix update last week seem pretty significant and over the top. Seems we lost about 1/3 of our overall dps. (At my current gear I lost around 250k dps but I've seen others mention they lost over 400k dps). This seems like it was over-done and should be looked at by Trion. Our class is quite limited. Other classes have good aoe and ST dmg. Ours was mostly all ST dmg and we didn't gain anything from this update to make up for it. Please look into this Trion!
    LuLblast shouldn't have worked in the first place.
    Primalist revolved around broken class design with severely broken buff grouping as I have mentioned when Keyens started to mess with it... funny how that works.

Good now that the new dev is fixing it, so people can probably start to play some real primalist specs and not using kekblast for everything. Tbh tho, this is an amazing patch for a good start.

What the DEV needs to do is go back and mess with the numbers in the souls so maybe primalist could learn to play melee or something and have competitive melee spec and more alternatives than just mw derpablast.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 05-23-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Soulwalker

I'm not referring to strictly the MW/FB builds. All builds suffer with piss-poor DPS now while rogue does exceptionally more DPS AND has aoe with a 3-button build. FB/MW was a much more complex build and doesn't come anywhere near to that sort of DPS. Dervish builds have great burst but poor sustained DPS (even worse sustained than the nerfed FB/MW). Our support role doesn't compare with chon either and shares the same CD (Planar Exhaustion) as flaring power so that's out of the window. So, now primalist falls as a tank, healer or sub-par DPS class.

Plane Touched

ALL of Primalists buff stacking was screwed up. Wasn't just a few abilities affecting one spec. Unfortunately, most of what Keyens worked on, which was most of Primalist and legendaries, that were done improperly.

Rogues inflated DPS isn't a product of the buff stacking, but more the product of the eternal buff, which is why rogues weren't affected much.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sadisticmofo View Post
    I'm not referring to strictly the MW/FB builds. All builds suffer with piss-poor DPS now while rogue does exceptionally more DPS AND has aoe with a 3-button build. FB/MW was a much more complex build and doesn't come anywhere near to that sort of DPS. Dervish builds have great burst but poor sustained DPS (even worse sustained than the nerfed FB/MW). Our support role doesn't compare with chon either and shares the same CD (Planar Exhaustion) as flaring power so that's out of the window. So, now primalist falls as a tank, healer or sub-par DPS class.

This is simply not true.
    1) Primalist tank is performing just fine compared to other class'.
    2) Primalist heals are amazing if you actually know how to play it - especially Farseer if played correctly.
    3) Primalist support is from my personal experience at end-game, the best support if possible to stack (1st and 2nd boss in BoS). Very high sustained dps for a support with higher support buff overall compared to Archon. - This is at least from my own experience, where my own dps was ~100k+ higher with a mystic support over an archon support.

Yes, FuryBlast-spec has taken a huge hit (so has Primal Lord) but our other specs are functioning just as fine as before. BoS raids since patch:

1,18m dps on Isiel with FuryBlast (down from average of 1.6, and low since no cleave as we had many rogues who bursted the trash)
    900k dps as support on Azranel (same as before patch)
    1m HpS on Isiel (wasn't allowed to heal pre-patch, so no recordings of that).
    No records of tanking as of now, but i know plenty of guilds who have used primalist tanks for BoS progression and cleared it with a primalist tank. This shouldn't have been affected by the patch.

Yes primalist pure dps has had a blow, but we're basicly just at the same level now as clerics has been the entire time with Inquisitor - perhaps even higher still. On the positive side, primalist dps is now at level with other class' (not including rogues who leads the dps fight by far at this moment), meaning we actually can do other stuff.
    Last edited by Klytamnestra; 05-27-2018 at 01:51 AM.

BMX
    Plane Walker

Now that Primy has been canned in terms of DPS, when do we get the cleave and splash damage added in?

Tank has been good with my primy, mystic has been good although, now I need to sort it out again.

Sadistic didn't say a word about primy being outta sorts in terms of tank, heals. Those are the rolls a primy will fall into.

As far as dps, MEH!
    Last edited by BMX; 06-05-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread