+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BMX

Thread: Primalist specs in despair...?

Soulwalker

Default Primalist specs in despair...?

Now I can already hear the server police, the stotch perfectionists, who want nothing but zen and "balance" out there saying "no no you blue's are fine on dps! You got plenty of dps, more than most classes at the moment in many fights...

Honestly the only real viable raid dps specs we have at our disposal, range/melee revolve around MW/FB spam. Granted not many classes have too much variety even with what they can pick and choose. However bear in mind though, our main PvE melee soul is far behind our highest dps spec(s) in terms of raw damage/potential right now. I do not see Primal Lord getting a buff really unless we push his buttons enough, however, I do think melee should have the overall potential of being the highest dps granted it plays to its strengths.

With Dervish though, and Maelstrom, both of those are so far and behind(mainly Maelstrom) the main spec and its variants that many Primalists insist on using today that they have become irrelevant, regardless of the utility of capabilities they may possess within the soul tree itself. I guess all I am asking for is more variety, honestly, I already feel like this is just preaching to the choir but maybe the Devs will consider some of it.

I'd honestly love to see Cyclism give a good buff to all damage abilities, and Zypher give more passive damage boost to all Dervish abilities. Not a game dev so guess I'll get my blue title outta the forums for now lol.

Ascendant

Most of classes has limited variety of usable specs.
    Also your other specs are not useless, not at all.

The problem is FuryBlast is so stupidly broken when it's true single target dps is so far ahead of all other classes in game .

Also what's dumber is the strongest LulBlast variant also happens to be purely 100% fully ranged and it even came with some cleaving if you are good enough to utilize beacon of drake properly, which invalidates all other specs outside of pure aoe focused specs.

Your other specs are actually working "as intended". as they are about as good as other classes dps.

To "fix" primalist specs, it's clear that lulblast/mw stupidity needs to be gutted, otherwise there's simply no reason to play anything else, similarly for nightblades for rogues.

BMX
    Champion

Almost like a mage... You can chon or chloro or fugeddabouddit...

Would be nice to see an AoE that does something.

Frankly, a rework of each and every soul in game has been due since 4.0 went live.

Nerf fest might be behind us for the near future. Perhaps the class guide = nerf guide days are over!

*crosses fingers*
    Banned

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    Almost like a mage... You can chon or chloro or fugeddabouddit...

Would be nice to see an AoE that does something.

Frankly, a rework of each and every soul in game has been due since 4.0 went live.

Nerf fest might be behind us for the near future. Perhaps the class guide = nerf guide days are over!

*crosses fingers*
    One thing I noticed was yes that pattern. However, whenever they nerf one of our specs the Primalist community pulls another one out of its *** that's almost as (or even) stronger than the previous "OP" spec.

So in my opinion while some nerfs have been justified, to burn a pay to play class to the ground, let alone people labeling us as being top dps in every occasion be it PvP or PvE/Raid content is extremely short-sighted on their part as they haven't either invested time to actually perfect their builds/rotations, or do not know how to apply themselves further in said content. *****ing aside though I think yes Primalists have basically plateaued in how much they can do both currently as a DPS or Healer in many regards, being on par if not surpassed in multiple fights by other classes due to their unique builds(mechanics of it included) and the skill of some players within the population still being try-hards at RIFT.

BMX
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Antiquissimus View Post
    One thing I noticed was yes that pattern. However, whenever they nerf one of our specs the Primalist community pulls another one out of its *** that's almost as (or even) stronger than the previous "OP" spec.

So in my opinion while some nerfs have been justified, to burn a pay to play class to the ground, let alone people labeling us as being top dps in every occasion be it PvP or PvE/Raid content is extremely short-sighted on their part as they haven't either invested time to actually perfect their builds/rotations, or do not know how to apply themselves further in said content. *****ing aside though I think yes Primalists have basically plateaued in how much they can do both currently as a DPS or Healer in many regards, being on par if not surpassed in multiple fights by other classes due to their unique builds(mechanics of it included) and the skill of some players within the population still being try-hards at RIFT.
    Agreed. Although I do hold my own, it's no longer "OP".
    And yes, there are many peeps that do not work on stats or specs/rotations nearly as much as they should.

I recommend for any class, work on one stat each week. Work on an upgrade each week.
    Do some min/max from time to time and learn from the results as you progress...
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread