+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pros and Cons to Primalist?

Shadowlander

Default Pros and Cons to Primalist?

Heyo!!! After quitting rift for about 2 years, I've returned to sooo many new things! (Including the primalist) Can anyone list some pros and cons to the class? How is it dmg, healing, tanking? Is it fun? Is it good in raids? (DPS) And any other things you think I should know before I role one. Thanks!

Rift Chaser

Pros:

Top DPS for raids (single target fights)

Good tank

Good for PVP

Cons:

Worst calling for leveling

Worst calling for open world stuff

Raid DPS and a lot of the best PVP specs are hybrids, which could go away in a balance pass

So it just depends on what you like to do.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>
    5th best primalist NA (also 5th worst)

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gmatt7744 View Post
    Heyo!!! After quitting rift for about 2 years, I've returned to sooo many new things! (Including the primalist) Can anyone list some pros and cons to the class? How is it dmg, healing, tanking? Is it fun? Is it good in raids? (DPS) And any other things you think I should know before I role one. Thanks!
    Pro - it is top dps even after 4 last nerfs, good in any role beside st healer maybe, but st healer almost never needed now. Cons - most often nerfed calling.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

i just came back myself but i've only been gone a year. I have a 65 Primalist I am attempting to level (very slow leveling these days)

single target on this toon is by far the worst healing, mainly due to lack of shields. In PVP for example I die extremely quickly on my primalist yet I am *almost* impossible to kill in 61 phys on my rogue (when shielded correctly)

PVE wise things die quickly when you are using a good dps spec and they seem to aggro things naturally due to having high dps so just be mindful of that.

Isp
    Sword of Telara

In open world high dps + vampiric essence is usually enough. If you still have issues use this spec - http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...orld-spec.html - dps is not great, but survivability is very good. In rare cases - use full tank - slow, but you can kill any number of enemies.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

+ Reply to Thread