+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TD-Normal: Tarjulia Fight Best Primalist Spec

Rift Disciple

Default TD-Normal: Tarjulia Fight Best Primalist Spec

For TD - Normal, on the Tarjulia fight what's the best primalist build to use for this fight ? Is it true the Dervish build is too squishy ?

Nah,manage your stacks of Hot Hands(?) better and upgrade your gear for more health. Dervish is 1 of 2 Primalist DPS souls to have any built-in self-healing, and it has Shifting Winds. Only Berserker has any health bonuses in it outside of Titan.

Shadowlander

Prim/Vulc will do MUCH better on Tarj than dervish.
    The ranged variant especially.

Dervish causes your stacks to skyrocket out of nowhere occasionally and thus requires you to be spam cleansed, watch your stacks carefully, ect.
    Prim/Vulc stacks much slower and allows you to do complete burns on tarj.

I've personally watched a dervish guildy spam shifting winds off cd and still die 3-4x in the 1 fight, as opposed to my prim/vulc which never sees 5 stacks and burns for just as much, if not more, dps

It's not out of nowhere.. you're casting Sudden Strike oGCD, 2-3 times in quick succession on top of GCD spells. That's gonna add up real quick if you're not anticipating it. Watch your SS and AP CDs, and let stacks fall off before they come up if you have to.

I have a little over 400k on my Primalist, and I still die very fast if I don't pay attention to my stacks (but I have a rogue healy off-tank looking out for me <3 so I can slack a little lol). It doesn't really matter how much health you have, if you're not paying attention to your stacks and how quickly you generate them, you're going to have a bad time.

Shadowlander

"I have a little over 400k on my Primalist, and I still die very fast if I don't pay attention to my stacks"

You just reiterated what i typed above you. If you're not watching everything closely, there goes your life.
    And 400k in NMtd? As primalist? Again, prim/vulc will pull much higher, same gear. (Unless you're talking about 400k health, but that's irrelevant and iirc, stacking preserver gear gets ya that, not dps gears)
    Again, those stacks? Non-existent as a prim/vulc, thus you can do full burns as i said.

My primalist is still on dungeons stage for wep and pulls 700-900k (345k hp raid buffed as per above) depending on how much i faceroll the fight. (that's 2x dmg with no care for stopping or watching stacks and running around like a decapitated chicken for the hell of it)
    Last edited by HavagudwunSeeyuh; 09-26-2017 at 09:00 AM.

There are indeed better DPS specs than Derv/Prim. I was answering to whether Derv/Pred is squishier than other builds, which it isn't. It builds stacks faster than the other builds, which is different than just being squishier. Knowing why stacks builds faster means you can play around them better. If OP wants to know what spec does more DPS, then yes, go with Vulc/PL. I do ~800-900k in Derv/Pred compared to 1m-1.1m in Vulc/Pred. It's only a few more buttons to press.
    Last edited by Xydru; 09-26-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Shadowlander

"TD-Normal: Tarjulia Fight Best Primalist Spec"

Title kinda says it all. He just asked if dervish was squishy, which all prima dps specs are, but best = best so I guess I just don't know why anyone cares to short themselves on an easy fight.

Only question I see between the 2 specs is: Lose ~200k dps and be at risk of suicide from stacks, or be top dps and only have to care about avoiding chasers?
    2 button vs 4 button isn't a hard dilemma when the results show a clear winner.

I guess I'm just tired of trying to convince people their deaths over and over to the same mechanic are solely because they're Dervish and not paying attention.

TL : DR Roll prim/vulc (melee or ranged) if you're planning on doing any decent progression. It's the top dps spec for all fights, hands down, with only 2 more buttons and no timers/dots/O****! buttons to keep track of.
    Pop an endurance vial or have a healer buff you with a stamina/HP% buff if you're around the 300k hp mark and ignore dps vials. Prim/Vulc is broken enough you'll still be in the top.

+ Reply to Thread