+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: sick and tired of PERMA nerfs

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Did the nerfs even make it into live or are the patch notes incorrect?

Attachment 32060

I can't tell looking at the Beruhast records.
    Eh, I'd much rather see devs take frequent small steps in nerfing things than 20 or 30% hatchet jobs resulting in wild swings in balance. That said, the nerf listed in the patch notes seemed pretty weak given how far ahead of the pack primalists are reported to be atm...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Did the nerfs even make it into live or are the patch notes incorrect?

Attachment 32060

I can't tell looking at the Beruhast records.
    I dunno what their running but my dps went down 300 - 400 k depending on rng. scything is not boosting abilities the same as it was.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by spainiard View Post
    I dunno what their running but my dps went down 300 - 400 k depending on rng. scything is not boosting abilities the same as it was.
    Pre-nerf was without Legendary Searing Vitality from archon, post-nerf was with Legendary Searing Vitality which has increased his damage by 12%.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Pre-nerf was without Legendary Searing Vitality from archon, post-nerf was with Legendary Searing Vitality which has increased his damage by 12%.
    Plus that Omnox trinket fixed and almost all raid had it too which is boosting total raid dps so much.
    Last edited by aileen; 09-13-2017 at 05:24 AM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    GCDDisplay - Tweaked a simple way to track your gcd.
    RiftMeter for 4.3, Last update: 07/12/2017
    Some Gadgets tweaks,Updated BiSCaL for 4.3
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Soulwalker

Bottom line is a lot of raiders and people who PvP just flat out exaggerate the feats that Primalists can do. It's one thing that the devs aren't fine tuning the specs, I mean it takes time but when you have dozens of salty players complaining and exaggerating stuff over another class I'm not surprised with the constant nerfs.

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Antiquissimus View Post
    Bottom line is a lot of raiders and people who PvP just flat out exaggerate the feats that Primalists can do. It's one thing that the devs aren't fine tuning the specs, I mean it takes time but when you have dozens of salty players complaining and exaggerating stuff over another class I'm not surprised with the constant nerfs.
    This!!

There are classes that need tuned to be competitive however, destroying a class is pure rubbish.
    Banned

destroying a class is pure rubbish.
    Can we call it "destroying a class" when a class gets nefed 10 times in a row, BUT still is first dps by at least 20% ?

You have 2 hours, no calculators allowed.

Devs need to take a good look at prancing turtle dps data to really see the class dps imbalances lol
    Empirez -- Faeblight -- 70 Warrior-Overlord-Tempest-Paragon-Champion-Warchanter-Lib -- <Dawn of Terror> 4/4 IROTP -- 4/4 NM TD --

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireZ View Post
    Devs need to take a good look at prancing turtle dps data to really see the class dps imbalances lol

Keyens already does this
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Releasing T2 gear on the store today simply is not going to happen. Right now, that is the best gear in the game that you can earn. I'm not going to go against my very own definition of pay to win.

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post
    Can we call it "destroying a class" when a class gets nefed 10 times in a row, BUT still is first dps by at least 20% ?

Repeat... Other CLASSES! Yes, I can call the other classes destroyed when nothing has been done to make em viable. Lest they are max geared.

Frankly, I'm burning out on constantly having to tune my primy.
    Banned

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post

Only 4 times in the last month, sure they are still largely ahead but remember it's a paid class.

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    Repeat... Other CLASSES! Yes, I can call the other classes destroyed when nothing has been done to make em viable. Lest they are max geared.
    Maybe it's just me but balancing all non-primalist classes to 2.2 million pure single target might not be such a great idea.

That explains why you were defending ^^ I'm still curious too see that epic rogues you have doing same as your primalists which we couldn't see almost for now 1.5 months
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    GCDDisplay - Tweaked a simple way to track your gcd.
    RiftMeter for 4.3, Last update: 07/12/2017
    Some Gadgets tweaks,Updated BiSCaL for 4.3
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Plane Walker

I think this is somewhat understandable. Repeated adjustments to skills to live builds over time can have its drawbacks. In the past, there might have been more parsing and testing on the PTS. That does not really happen any more.

Welcome to the tune-on-live model.

And you can call it "destroying" the class, but the fact is that they really are not going to stop at a given number of adjustments with one calling well out of line with the others. It is all a question on how to get there and the drawbacks and benefits of the approach.
    !

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by archcomponent View Post
    I think this is somewhat understandable. Repeated adjustments to skills to live builds over time can have its drawbacks. In the past, there might have been more parsing and testing on the PTS. That does not really happen any more.

PTS is going to be lacking in participation due to the "Active Player Crisis".

Welcome to the tune-on-live model.

And you can call it "destroying" the class, but the fact is that they really are not going to stop at a given number of adjustments with one calling well out of line with the others. It is all a question on how to get there and the drawbacks and benefits of the approach.
    If I can run a 61 nec on my mage, I'll unpark the toon... DPS souls limited to pyro/harb, how kewl is that...
    Other classes should be closer to par than they are. Not exactly useful.
    At least my primy has choices that are NOT available to other classes.

If the wheels on your car were as balanced as classes are currently... Oh what a ride!! XD
    Last edited by BMX; 09-22-2017 at 09:08 AM.
    Banned

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Antiquissimus View Post
    It is the old proverb the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" at work.

Nerfs should have never ever been part of games to begin with, in a nutshell a nerf is the developers punishing their companies customers for their (the developers) mistakes.

Nerfs also give rise to a small segment of the player population that complains about everything where we have the 10% whose voices have been allowed to become powerful enough to quash the silent majority.

Had Trion ban the use of the nerf option for its developers from the beginning, forcing them to become better at their jobs instead of giving them an easy out for their mistakes, I believe Rift would be at least on par with WoW in the number players today.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast